FDM Cinderella Mix, and a few friends too

How far into bud are they?

Eighteen days ago I posted that I had put them under 12/12 three days prior, so I believe itā€™s twenty-one days exactly.

2 Likes

Wow, I would have guessed 4-5 weeks, theyā€™re flying.

2 Likes

FDM Cinderella Mix - Plant #3 - Partial Seed Harvest

Some pics of a couple of the buds I snipped off of the FDM #3 mother plant in the main tent today:

SO MANY SEEDS!

Iā€™ve been snipping buds off here and there for a few days now, and have already harvested at least a couple hundred seeds. I gotta say, I am extremely pleased by my decision to do a seed run with these plants! Thereā€™s going to be a metric fuckton of seeds, I think.

Iā€™ll have to wait until the seedless run in the cabinet is finally trimmed and cured before I know what the properly finished end product smells and tastes like, but so far on this stuff Iā€™m getting extremely tart citrus notes. My wife thinks it smells like ā€œDank citrus candy (like Sweet Tarts, but more tart than sweet) and tangerinesā€, whereas I think it smells like grapefruits and tangerines mixed together. We both agree that the dominant note is sweet and tart citrus with tangerine. Itā€™s completely intoxicating, and I hope the neighbors donā€™t see me wandering around my house and deck smelling my fingers after trimming several times a day :wink:

Iā€™ve smoked a bit of the stuff that has collected while removing the seeds from the buds, and the effects are quite strongly sativa-leaning and motivating, and excellent for a morning smoke. Iā€™ll save a full smoke report for the good seedless stuff, but I fully expect that I will be extremely pleased with the end result.

15 Likes

Coming from the bathroom while finger sniffing is definitely not a good idea even if it was for a self check in the mirror! Lolā€‹:point_up_2:t2::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

8 Likes

Looks nice and plumply preggo there, really frosty too. Seems like it was done quite quickly too? Especially for such a sativa leanerā€¦ nicely done!

4 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m pretty stoked. Iā€™m used to sativa dominant strains taking at least ten weeks, and my hazes take anywhere from twelve to sixteen weeks. I havenā€™t been paying close attention to the exact timing of the trichome changes because itā€™s a seed run, but Iā€™m pretty sure these are done to many satisfaction in eight weeks, maybe nine, and they are definitely giving me predominantly sativa effects.

Iā€™m paying better attention to the clones in the cabinet, so Iā€™ll know in another four weeks if that is actually true or not. And the best part is that I took more clones that are already rooted and ready to go in the tent as soon as Iā€™m done harvesting the ones in there now, so I should be well stocked with some fine smoke in the not too distant future.

Iā€™m also thinking of hitting some branches of those high-CBD plants from @Sebring with some of the pollen I saved from this round and seeing if I can work them into a nice 1:1 or 2:1 cross eventually.

8 Likes

Like a well oiled machine there. Iā€™m about to chop my plants any day and have the next round almost rooted and ready to go inā€¦such a nice feeling :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Oh dearā€¦ I appear to have given the wrong impression, lol. :wink:

Iā€™m pretty pleased about how some parts of this run have worked out, but I am usually very disorganised, and often amazed at how good some stuff turns out given my many attempts to kill my plants through neglect or stupidity, hehe.

4 Likes

Lol sureā€¦your pics say otherwise!

5 Likes

Thank you for the kind words, much appreciated :smiley:

By the way, Iā€™m looking forward to seeing both your current harvest results, and your future experience with C99. Have you decided which one youā€™re going to get yet? At some point when I can afford it Iā€™m planning on trying the Fleur du Mal Cinderella 99 myself. I almost pulled the trigger on some of the JoeyWeed C99 at one point, but the FDM breeder mix was priced right for my budget at the time.

4 Likes

I really havenā€™t, still leaning towards FDM right now. Iā€™ve been following this thread to get an idea of how these come out. I know theyā€™re all crosses, but they should give a good idea of the quality of parents stock.

Iā€™m also getting some guava hashplant x c99 beans from a generous member on here, so I might just dig through those first and see if theyā€™ll have the pheno Iā€™m looking forā€¦it sounds like an incredible cross with alot of cindy tendencies.

4 Likes

That was my thinking also :smiley:
Iā€™m definitely not unhappy so far.

That Guava Hashplant x C99 cross sounds pretty amazing. The parent plants certainly look nice, eh?

5 Likes

Ya they both look unreal, and the cross looks even better. Really excited to try them, gotta love the community here.

4 Likes

You have my blessings and encouragement! Play around, have fun!! :grinning:

6 Likes

Clones, Round Two

I mentioned a few posts ago that I had the second round of clones ready to go into the main tent, but didnā€™t really say much about them at the time.

These clones were taken in about mid-flower. Instead of using my cloner as usual, I just cut random branches off the flowering plants and stuck them in a Solo cup full of coco and LITFA for a few weeks. I didnā€™t know whether they would root, and didnā€™t really worry about it. Either they would root and get used in the next round or they would not, and I figured it would at the very least be an interesting test.

I was honestly hoping that it would take a while for them to root this way, and that they would basically be able to hang out on the cloning shelf for a few weeks while I waited for spots to open up, and in that it appears I was successful.

I have no idea when they rooted. They looked like they were in stasis the whole time until I peeked a few days ago and found full root balls. They look a little rough now, and they may still have to switch back to veg mode, but theyā€™ve been transplanted into 2 gallon fabric pots and placed into the main tent on a veg schedule.

If youā€™ve ever taken a clone during flower youā€™ve seen how they go freaking nuts with the branching after they revert; itā€™s crazy. These plants are already branchy as hell when grown normally, so Iā€™m expecting them to be completely freaking unmanageable this time, lol. What fun! :wink:

10 Likes

Damn, I canā€™t believe they rooted that far into flower. You wouldnā€™t even know to look at them, they look just like regular vegged cuttings.

Well except for the branching and the pistils in the second pic haha

3 Likes

Itā€™s much more obvious in person, lol. I wouldnā€™t have done it if I had been planning ahead, it was kind of a hail Mary shot because I randomly decided I wanted to test sub irrigation with smart pots and compare root ball density to the Flora Flex (which was pretty nice, btw) and clones are best for direct comparisons. If they hadnā€™t rooted I would have just popped a few more seeds, but Iā€™m glad they did.

3 Likes

Well alot of people cut clones like 2 weeks into flower now and claim theyā€™re way more vigorous and yield more. They call it ā€˜monster croppingā€™. Should be cool to see if you get some crazy results like that.

3 Likes

I just read through the whole thread. Love me some C99. Great grow thread @Howard.Crane. Those are some nice frosty flowers and I love the description of dank citrus candy like sweet tarts. yum!

I gotta say you have the most amazing roots! Whatā€™s your secret? I use the same coco as you but Iā€™ve always used some perlite mixed in. You make me want to try 100% coco.

Great grow and I love to see people making seeds. :thumbsup:

3 Likes