FDM Cinderella Mix, and a few friends too

I’ve done it a few times before after reading about it on another forum and I don’t know about being any more vigorous but monster-cropped plants get crazy branchy, which I guess has something to do with hormones? Even though I’d seen pictures of it before, it still blew my mind the first time. I can totally believe they could yield more, they definitely can produce more tops quicker than vegging a plant forever and topping it multiple times, but I have always removed a bunch of the branches because good gawd it gets nuts.

The only thing I wasn’t really sure about this time is whether I could just stick a cutting in a cup of coco and ignore it for weeks instead of putting it in an active cloner. No hormones, no extra cuttings for backup, not even a humidity dome, just straight up “root or die”.

I’ll be sure to share some photos as they progress, should be interesting to see how they respond. I am betting they’ll be basically unmanageable without removing a bunch of branches.

If that wasn’t enough of a problem already, I popped two Patch Adams F2 seeds to go in there with them. Sebring said above that they try to take over a bunch of space, so… I guess I got my work cut out for me this time, lol.

7 Likes

Like, you know how a revegged plant develops a ton of new branches?

A monster cropped plant does the same thing. This is before it went completely crazy, but this clone ended up being pretty nuts:

You can see the weird leaves with smooth margins that revegged plants have on the clone:

14 Likes

Thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate that.

As for the roots… Good genetics, mostly. Feeding light, and multiple times a day. while trying to ensure good gas exchange. Just a bunch of little stuff that adds up, I guess?

Can’t remember if I posted this one in this thread, my apologies if it’s a duplicate.

17 Likes

Jesus thats insanity

6 Likes

I agree those are insane! :clap: :+1:

6 Likes

nice grow thread. them coco roots are real healthy. i found that watering coco a little everyday rather than a wet dry cycle like you use in soil, is the best way for getting fat white roots.
all the best for the rest of the grow

5 Likes

My Morning - A story in four pictures

I’m not even close to halfway done. This is just the very first pass. The low-hanging fruit, as they say.

17 Likes

Out of likes. Quite a morning story

4 Likes

Nice haul. Is that all kief from breaking up those nugs?

3 Likes

That’s the kief from breaking up everything but the best tops, actually. Then I carded that stuff across the screen a few times to purposefully gather some kief. Then I smoked some of the kief. Then I put the remaining tops in a half gallon mason jar and told myself I would get around to it later, lol.

I think later means “some other day”, now. I already got a ton of seeds sorted, plus enough kief to last me quite a while (low tolerance smoker), so I’m not feeling any particular hurry anymore. :wink:

8 Likes

Excellent job on both those flowers and seeds! :ok_hand:

I bet a good rip of that kief is like a nice shot of espresso lol! go time!

4 Likes

I did suddenly find some motivation to get a bunch of important stuff done, then spend a few hours working on a personal project, lol.

It’s good stuff, I’m really digging it. Looking forward to the clones in the micro cab finishing up so I can try some properly cured flower in my favorite bong, or twist up a pinner for a walkabout in the local woods.

11 Likes

Been doing the same thing for about a week now. I find it relaxing and nostalgic.

4 Likes

The two clones in my thread Wicked Widow were taken after the branches started alternating. No need to go 3 weeks into flower. As soon as they alternate the plant is sexually mature. I like to take them slowly from 18/6 to 12/12 over a period of 2 weeks and catch them when mature and alternating but not flowered yet.

If you scroll down that thread you will notice there is at least one picture of the bottom branches and they are alternating and not double.

3 Likes

Those are some good looking seeds and I need to learn to make the kief. Well done.

3 Likes

I do too, at times. If I’m not in too much pain and can do it mindfully, it can even be almost like active meditative. Like kinhin for growers.

3 Likes

Clones taken during full flower, even if taken from a clone of a clone of a clone (ie a plant that has been sexually mature for quite some time) will often have a very different growth pattern from one that was taken during veg. I’ve personally seen it happen several times, and even documented it at one point about six years ago in another forum with a strain that I’ve been growing for years. I’m obviously not a botanist, so I don’t know the actual underlying biological processes behind it, but I it seems fairly clear that the hormonal state of the donor is the key difference.

I believe that is what he was referring to.

In my case, I haven’t done it explicitly for that reason or to achieve any specific result beyond having a clone of a plant I want to preserve, it’s always been more of a “dang, I really want to take a cutting of this plant now and didn’t or couldn’t do so before, so I guess I’ll have to take one in flower” kind of thing. I personally prefer to take cuttings of mature plants in a vegetative state.

Right now I have clones of three plants that were taken from mature plants in veg, and a clone of each of those that were taken after the first set were three weeks into flower, so I guess I’ll have an opportunity to see if that holds true, eh? :wink:

4 Likes

If you are like me and not concerned with getting the cleanest, purest dry sift possible, then it’s pretty easy. I just card the dry (enough to be frangible) plant material over a stainless steel screen a few times (I’m using a Trim Bin in this case) and that’s it. I try not to overdo it so it doesn’t end up too green, which means that I always still have a lot of plant material left over for making butter or extracts.

5 Likes

Even the clean dry sift is very easy to make. All you need is 2 screens of specific sizes, an eye for detail and a whole lot of patience. :smiley:

5 Likes

Round Two Clones - Day 16 after transplant - Revegging

Group shot of the second round of clones 16 days after transplant into 8" diameter cloth pots (2 gallon). You can see that they’re starting to complete the transition from flower back to veg. There’s a lot of twisted very weird growth, but they’re starting to grow out of that and put out normal leaves again.

Before and After - A11 x (F13xA11)

Before and After - FDM C99 Mix #3

Before and After - FDM C99 #4

14 Likes