FDM Cinderella Mix, and a few friends too

Round One FDM C99 Mix Clones, Chopped Early

Chopped these probably about a week to ten days early, because I want to renovate the area that the cabinet is in. I chopped a few branches about a week ago because the plants kept falling over in such narrow cups, and even that stuff smokes pretty well so I’m not sad about chopping a bit early. Besides, I got the next round of clones already vegging in the larger tent (see previous post) :wink:

These were all grown “extreme LITFA style” in 20oz. plastic Solo cups. Basically, bottom fed only by pouring feed solution into the trays in the morning and coming back a while later to suck out the extra with a shop vac, and almost totally ignored otherwise.

When the renovation is done, I’ll be raising the cabinet on a 2x4 frame so that I can put a rez underneath the cabinet and put in an automated flood and drain system. There’s not enough vertical space inside the cabinet for that IMO, so I’m just going to raise the cabinet and make it work somehow.

The pics below are all of the FDM C99 Mix plants. Battery died, so will have to grab pics of the others tomorrow.

Looks like they started throwing new pistils when I got lazy and fed them Megacrop instead of mixing up more Jacks 3-2-1 stock solution. Will have to keep that in mind in the future.

15 Likes

Howard.Crane, right on man. extreme lifta all the way lol.

2 Likes

What was the total time start to finish then?

1 Like

Do you mean for flower? I think it’s at about eight weeks, give or take a few days? I’ll check my records when I’m back at my primary computer. I don’t remember how long I vegged them for, for that matter. I can tell you that they are what I would consider very quick for a sativa dominant strain. And the flavor and potency are excellent, imo.

6 Likes

I gotta say that I am freaking stoked about the clones in the main tent right now. They are super healthy and growing absurdly fast. So fast that I’m going to take way more cuttings than I need tomorrow just to keep from over vegging them. I have a good feeling about this cycle, lol.

7 Likes

cool man thanks for the info.

1 Like

I didn’t get any shots of the whole plant, but I’m pretty impressed with how the Patch Adams F2 by @Sebring came out. Especially given the fact that I literally haven’t touched it in like five weeks. It was in the back corner, and I just couldn’t get to it conveniently.

For a plant that was grown in a Solo cup in a small cabinet, and almost completely ignored, I think it came out pretty nice. I’m looking forward to the two I have in the main flower tent, where they should have a lot more room.

11 Likes

My mouth is watering just looking at that bud! :yum:
When I did mine it was super easy to trim up. Would you say the same?
Any observations or comments concerning smells or growth profile that you think might help me with further inbreeding of it?

4 Likes

I don’t trim too closely, but even if I did I would agree that it’s an easy trim. It grows like a beast. I had two going, but had to get rid of one due to overcrowding, they wanted to dominate my small cabinet. The one I kept, I trimmed back mercilessly and stuck it in the dimmest back corner, and still ended up with a pretty okay haul given the circumstances. It grew up past the lights, lol.

As for scent… Man, I have no idea whatsoever. I don’t have the best sniffer in general, but I can’t even think of a similar scent that fits this plant. I like it quite a bit, but I absolutely can’t place it. Smells good, though.

I only have the one that’s made it through flower so far, but I’ll have others to compare to in about three months :wink:

I might have a better idea after it’s cured.

I’m really looking forward to trying it out. That bud I pictured above was trimmed from the branch so that it will dry quicker, so I can have a taste sooner :yum:

6 Likes

I will also add that even a quick-dried sample (three days) smokes real nice and tastes pretty good for CBD flower. So far, I’m liking it quite a bit. Thank you so much for these!

6 Likes

Revegging GG4 S1

I’m currently revegging a GG4 S1 also, so I wanted to post a few quick photos that show how each bud on a revegging plant will have several branches sprout from it. I know that’s nothing new to a lot of folks, but if you haven’t revegged a plant before it might be of interest.

It’s taking longer than I’m used to, but it’s finally starting to throw out some normal-shaped leaves again. The first bits of freaky reveg growth always make me think of radioactive mutant plants, lol.

This photo was taken after I had already removed several branches, and is only the top bit of the plant. My plan for today is to remove all but a dozen of the sturdiest and most-developed branches for now, and hopefully be able to take some cuttings in a few weeks. If I can get the cuttings to root, I might discard this plant in order to make more room for the FDM/HL plants, and try to grow those clones out in the updated grow cabinet instead.

12 Likes

I have heard of monster cropping/super cropping and seen it explained but I’ve never revegged a budding plant. Is definitely interesting to see.

3 Likes

The blue in the bud certainly is a close match to the toe nail polish isn’t it?

Not that I wear nail polish…

Not that there is anything wrong with that in this day and age it seems…:laughing:

Peace
DaFozz

4 Likes

Ha! I hadn’t noticed that. I’ll tell her you thought so, she’ll probably get a kick out of it.

[Edited to add] She laughed and said she’s glad someone else thought so too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Last year I revegged some outdoor clones on accident. I had no idea what the heck was going on with it. It sure does look strange. The folks on here were the ones who told me what it was doing. Thanks for sharing those! Cuz yeah, if you’ve never seen it, it would kind of freak you out.

2 Likes

I finally understand the term super crop now, that is wild!

@Baudelaire’s goods are next on my list and you’ve been doing killer work with it.

I was actually thinking about picking up the same mix you’re running. It especially draws me to a strain to see someone go so hard on clones of it, and I need more sativa in my life.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. I didn’t think this was possible… if you harvested off a fat tree and left a bunch to die over the winter would it re veg outdoor like a perennial? or would the winter just kill it?

Well then, I have good news for you… The FDM plants have so far been extremely enjoyable, both to grow and to smoke. I think they have secured a spot in my top six favorites. Definitely in my top ten, no question.

I look forward to running more of the seeds at some point to see what else I can find, maybe doing some crosses, definitely doing some back crosses.

It’s really good sativa dominant smoke, with an eight or nine week flower time. I highly recommend them.

3 Likes

If you had the right combination of strain and environment, perhaps. I wouldn’t expect it in most places or with most strains, though. Where I’m at in the Pacific Northwest U.S.A. there’s no way I’d bet on any strain to survive the winter, for instance. Overall I think I’d be pretty skeptical about the chances.

But indoors, if for any reason you didn’t take clones and you decide at harvest time that you wish you had, it’s an okay way to keep the line going so that you don’t lose that plant.

1 Like

I’ve never revegged on purpose. I would if I grew indoors though to check the sex, but in Southern Cali, I’ve seen people harvest their plants and let them reveg over winter and rebud in the spring. Not as heavily as the first time, but it can be done here outdoors. Most annuals, but not all, will act as perennials here. This particular climate however is rare and any frost would kill them for sure.

2 Likes