FieldEffect's 2024 "Field of Dreams"

Yeah nice really looking forward to see you making these hard candy :heart_eyes:

1 Like

My guess is either the sun/heat or squash bugs. Look under the leaves at sun up and sun down. I stopped growing pumpkins because of those bastards.

2 Likes

Made candies today. Panalawi Lime.

Several things went less-than-optimally. One, I don’t trust the scale and I forgot to directly measure how much kief went into each extract. I have a low resolution figure but I probably have huge error bars.

And, I got it way too hot in the toaster. The kief was very dark and 280F when I removed it, probably lost some of the good stuff :grimacing:

I’ll probably go back to double-boiling the sealed jars for an hour or two. Beautiful golden oil coming from that process.

Anyway, I indicated 2.4g of Panalawi kief into my extract. Let’s assume 40% THC made it to my syringe of RSO, 1g. Probably between 0.5g and 1g of THC in my 6mL of RSO.

Bring 1c sugar, 1/3c corn syrup and 90mL water to boil with candy thermometer. 2mL flavor oil and a little bit of food coloring into a syringe. RSO in syringe on standby.

Here’s my questionable outdoor lab :rofl:

Wife told me the house reeked like a dispo last time I did this inside. So now I’m full blown outdoor drug cook.

meth-lab-in-back-of-truck

Keep the flavor/color and RSO syringes until you reach 304F (my hard-crack threshold).

Remove heat and stir in the syringe contents. Stir well!

Pour into molds and wait until they cool off.

Break them up…

I like to shake with some powdered sugar.

Done!

The recipe makes 300mL of liquid hard candy. These molds are 1mL cubes. So, estimated dosage is 1.6-3.2mg each.

I took a few already don’t feel high but damn I feel GOOD. I’ll take 5 with dinner that should do the trick :sunglasses:

@PineTarBastard I hate Squash Bugs too. I don’t see any sign of them since the eradication of 2022. Sevin works on them that’s the last time I used a real pesticide. Just on the pumpkin and watermelon plants. Anyway, I haven’t seen one since.

15 Likes

This is a most inopportune time to be out of likes, but there it is. I’m outta freakin’ likes.

4 Likes

Congratulations @FieldEffect thats a magical looking batch. Whew.

May I ask how many you R taking, and how Long before you feel it/them?

Tremendous Job with visual Bling

3 Likes

I think I’m 3 deep plus the little shards that didn’t cure into cubes. Tough to say onset time because I’ve been nibbling on them for the last 2-3 hours. Kinda perfect for this in the yard :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

I don’t know who is having more fun me or my kiddo :rofl:

Water Rocket Sprinkler Toy Launcher - Outdoor Splash Sprinklers for Kids Outdoor Yard Sprinkler 360-Degree Rotation Attaches to Garden Hose Splashing Fun Toys for Gift https://a.co/d/2MdSYMM

6 Likes

Lol ha hahahaha lol

2 Likes

Easy peasy candy, bookmarked! Best time to get the hose out and open. Kids of that age are real fun, no need to share your candies :smiley:

4 Likes

@funkyfunk it’s from @ReikoX with the only modification being the temperature I go to for a harder candy. I’ve made it several times now, I think 4 or 5.

@MissinBissin too bad we’re not in the same country I’d love to trade some for Panama Red Cobb :wink:

Fed all the plants tonight after a bit of a dry back to encourage the roots. Been seeing some yellows and they are really in a rapid phase of growth.

L-R, Cinderella 99, MDS x Oaxaca, Fighting Bilbo

I can tell already the MDS x Oaxaca is going to become this year’s weed tree. It’s been topped hopefully keep her manageable.

L-R we’ve got S1, N4, Romulan, a Super Hero (about to be replaced by a Honduras x Panama) and a Sweet Sierra.

Sweet Sierra is a little funky-leaved. Almost no serrations, very rounded blade edges. It’s Sour Boggle x Sour Diesel by @buckaroobonsai

Should be some fine smokes from this season. Going to Cobb some of the sativa’s, should have enough indica to put me to sleep through next year’s run.

Vaped some more of the Cinderella Pineapple tonight and made fajitas. Lots of the herbs these days are just landing right. Lucky streak or something.

The pumpkin isn’t faring well. I think it is seriously objecting to our blazing summer heat. Several of the small pumpkins have shriveled up and died. Lots of leaves getting crispy. May be a doomed experiment. Water temperature is about 84F, maybe that’s just too hot? In conjunction with the 100+ temps outside maybe just cooking.

Cheers everyone, hope everyone has a happy garden this season.

16 Likes

You’ve got a pretty deadly line-up yourself for the innocent back yard @FieldEffect.
Looks like a lot of fun heading your way

7 Likes

Likewise for you buddy! You’ve got quite a weed buffet set up for this Fall as well :wink:

7 Likes

I saw it ^^ I just wait the end of the season to binge it. I watch and appreciate outdoor runs very differently that indoor logs.

7 Likes

Oh yes Baby. Made my day with these Candies :heart_eyes: seems like you are run a killer OD season as well :innocent:

Our weather is still disgusting but my time will come :rofl: temporary and unpredictable but…

Have a lot of girls and lack of boys but my main breeding plans should go like I was wishing for…

All the best

4 Likes

Hope your weather improves @CalleMinogue

It’s been stormy around here which is good. Starting to get the cages installed, need to pick up a few more. Daughter “helped dadda” tonight. I love it. Almost lost the Honduras x Panama seedling to her rake :rofl:

Random photo dump from tonight

16 Likes

Love it bud! It’s been a while for rain where I’m at, everyone’s hoping we get some soon. All looks well! :fist:

2 Likes

Hey Bud!

Yes thanks it’s promising this week! Finally above 10 in the night and close to 30 during the day :slight_smile:

This is how I found the M39 this morning.

9 Likes

That pumpkin is gonna cover the whole area. Maybe there will be life underneath it at the end of the season. Perfect to hide from humans :smiley:

4 Likes

Yeah this pumpkin is crazy - I guess it’s really thirsty as well :sweat_smile: can’t wait to see it fruiting :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Pumpkin is pissed and dying :slightly_frowning_face:

Water looks OK but it’s hot. 88F. Outside has been 95-104 the last few days.

Considering abandoning the hydro Pumpkin project. I think it may be too late for it looks like a lot of death just today. It took a turn towards the worst today, looks terrible to me

12 Likes