First grow in 12 years

These plants have had some of the largest fan leaves I have ever grew. I cant bring myself to remove too many of them yet

4 Likes

@selinacantrell that seed is expensive $10 for one seed, strain seems cool but idk about that store.

1 Like

Gg the beast of the garden day 18 only

Correction day 19

12 Likes

Jelly pie day 19

9 Likes

Pure kush day 19

10 Likes

@lefthandseeds

Testers seem to be a little behind at this stage

10 Likes

Are those 18 days in as well?

2 Likes

I owe a lot of this to the helpful members here. I have read soo much. Plus I still have my 19 year old copy of Jorge bible that I rely on. That being said I am pure amateur hour at this point. But with og help I will advance every single grow.

3 Likes

Yeah actually I stand corrected 19 days now that I check calendar

4 Likes

And 3 of the 4 are closer to light than pure kush and gg. But both those have 7 gallon fabrics. Biggest pot for tester are 3.8 gallon plastic for 1 and 4
2 and 3 are 2 gallons. They other plants are a solid 3 weeks older I believe minimum. Much more veg on others

3 Likes

If the other plants were started earlier, then that’s probably why. Older plants usually find their way into flowering a little faster because they’re more sexually mature.

I’m pretty familiar with that, because I always veg short and start flower really early. :joy:

3 Likes

Solid advice for @selinacantrell there PoppaPuff. Biggest mistake the majority of us make when first starting out is “over thinking” what we are trying to do. Everything in moderation. Just because a little is good, rarely does it mean a lot is better. In fact, it often turns out that a lot of anything (except light) ends up being a bad thing. If there’s anything I’d want to add to the advice you gave Selina it would be stay away from “inexpensive” LED lights. There’s a reason they are cheap. Better to invest in HID with the plan to upgrade in the future.

I’m curious PoppaPuff. What is this legal limit you speak of? Are you on the northern side of the border too?

Do check out the growfaq’s Selina. Especially the “starting out” section.

5 Likes

I am north of the border and a acmpr holder. I have a legal limit that I follow as it is one of the conditions my wife laid out for me to do this. She was with me when i grew illegally. But back then we had no kids. That is no longer the case. I follow govt rules and the bosses.

7 Likes

Ahh. I considered getting a license years ago when they were first made available and thought better of it. I have this thing about being watched. Funny how kids tend to keep responsible adults in check. No kids in our home. I’ve been known as Grandpa for 10 years now.

It’ll be interesting to see what is going to happen when people start getting popped for the extra plant or two, cloning, or whatever else that may put a home gardener on the wrong side of the street. The way I figure it, a mother, a couple clones, and one under the light and legally we’re done. Doesn’t leave much room for being creative.

Been a long time since I’ve had a proper indoor garden and I can’t wait to turn the big light back on.

4 Likes

+1 on the FAQ @selinacantrell

Anything you can’t learn in there, you’ll learn from this community.

Oh, and there’s some great reading material here at the library

@PoppaPuff I’m locked in on this one :seat: :popcorn: all looking delicious

Just flipped my first grow, so I’m a few weeks behind you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Jelly pie 6 is a Male and is dead

Blue God 1 3456 are almost for sure males. Number 2 may be a lady. Worst results I have got ever when it comes to males. You win some u lose some. Jelly pie is also Male heavy. I am guessing 6 of 10 are males for sure. 2 are for sure ladies. 2 up in the air.

7 Likes

Been away from home for 4 days. Miss the ladies. I am lucky to have a wife that cares for them when I am up at work. I will update tomorrow with pictures to anyone that cares.

9 Likes

Seriously frosty for so young

9 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle

14 Likes

How amazing does it feel to be growing your own again after 12 years? I guess it’s like riding a bike. Once you learn you’ll never forget. You still got the greenthumb. :evergreen_tree: :thumbsup:

Everything is looking great!

7 Likes