Fleur du Mal Seeds

Thanks @Baudelaire, that is the way I was interpreting it. I appreciate your reply.
C50

2 Likes

Hello there , what is ESB?

Linky link

www.fdmseeds.com/heirloom-strains/13-esb.html

1 Like

Cheers mate ;-). . .

ESB is a cross of (pre-'80 California Skunk 1 x Nigerian landrace) x '96-98 original Blueberry, made by the British breeder Oldtimer.

It’s been a long, dry fall in the Pacific Northwest, which has been a blessing for PNW growers of sativa hybrids. Here’s some ESB, California Orange and Durban-Thai Highflyer plants enjoying the late autumn sun in very late October on Vancouver Island, BC:

ESB x Cinderella 99

(Durban-Thai Highflyer x Cinderella) x (ESB x Durban)

California Orange x Durban

16 Likes

the colors on the california orangeXdurban tho

1 Like

Any idea when the 88x99 will be back?

LT

1 Like

It’s in production now, probably late spring before it is released.

3 Likes

I was pretty stoked to see that you are working with Sweet Tooth, and your project sounds pretty interesting.

I’ve been growing SWT#4 for a few years now, and am always excited to see someone making seeds available :grinning:

I’d like to order some of your BX at some point to cross with my own stock.

16 Likes

^ sure looks like sweet tooth to me. Where did you get your specimen?

2 Likes

Got several packs from a Sweet Tooth enthusiast on another message board. He’d been line breeding from packs he got from the initial release by Spice of Life, and chose me as one of the testers before he released a bunch of packs on that site’s auction platform.

I’ve been slowly going through those packs ever since, making further generations and going through them, and occasionally making crosses. I probably have over a thousand Sweet Tooth seeds at this point, and a dozen packets of pollen in deep freeze, haha. I think I still have three of those original packs I haven’t gotten to yet, and I should probably do so soon, before they get much older :wink:

Because I tend to like the phenotypes with more grapefruit terps, I was very interested in FDM’s BX to the SPG clone. I need to get some of those, LOL.

10 Likes

Really cool. Do the seeds turn out pretty consistent when you make a cross at this point? Would you consider it a true breeding line at this point?

3 Likes

Not certain who you are asking, but I mostly agree with the FDM description:

The line was backcrossed three times by the time Spice of Life released #4, making this the F4 generation. As such, expect general consistency of expression around two basic phenotypes: a thick-stemmed, columnar style dominated by a single large primary cola, and another more bushier habit sporting six to 10 ice cream cone-shaped buds.

I always top my plants due to severe height restrictions, but otherwise I see two primary phenotypes most often: one with very thick colas, which can require very good air flow to keep from molding, and one with smaller buds that are very frosty. I don’t know about true-breeding, but it’s probably one of the closest I’ve had the pleasure of growing personally.

In crosses, it pretty reliably adds a sweetness that is quite distinguishable as Sweet Tooth, and can add bulk to and shorten the maturation time of sativa dominant strains.

And occasionally it comes out pretty weird, LOL. I hit a pretty funky Bubba with some SWT pollen, and one of the plants I just harvested had a “sweet but funky” grapefruit/bubba/2-stroke oil thing going on.

In other news, I got my FDM breeders packs today, and this sticker is going on the wall of the flower room, LOL.

6 Likes

That’s really cool, it’s awesome to know people have been keeping genetics like these around. And yes from everything I’ve read and seen the FDM sweet tooth is a true representation too.

Did you go with the Durban or Cindy pack?? I’ve been considering both

2 Likes

I went with both, actually :wink:

Now I’m just trying to figure out when I can get 'em into the rotation, LOL.

I wouldn’t wait too long, it looks like supplies are a bit low atm.

2 Likes

Sweet, keep us updated on what you find please!

2 Likes

Some ESB by FDM. My desert island smoke.

24 Likes

Thinking about doing an open pollination for the first round, and maybe saving any pollen to hit the Highlighter seeds with too, in case I don’t get any males from those.

EDIT: Got ten started, gonna open pollinate those and see what I get.

12 Likes

I am very interested in the Sweet Tooth #4. I thought it was cut only strain or something or a pollen chucking type of scenario. Was I mistaken? Anyhow that one has been on my shortlist since the old days of OG. Are you guys stateside or overseas?

2 Likes

Never mind I just found your blog on the site and it has furnished me with the jump start to my memory that I needed. I’m still curious of you are stateside or not.

2 Likes