Fleur du Mal Seeds

Made an order too! Grabbed some of that’s ESB and Durban Thai high flyer!

4 Likes

My Favorite Giving Tuesday Deal - 2x Your Contribution and Get Great Wine

Here’s a great deal for a great cause I’ve been involved with for almost 20 years. Affordable housing is a crisis in high-cost areas around the United States. Housing Land Trust (HLT) has pioneered and proven a way to create and preserve affordable home ownership for working people, forever, using their unique ownership model.

Hawkes Wine of Healdsburg, California is partnering with HLT today (til Midnight PT) on Giving Tuesday to donate 100% of proceeds AND match every dollar spent 1:1, making your dollar go twice as far in supporting affordable home ownership for working people.

We’re talking housing for teachers, first responders, vineyard workers, nurses, and grocery store clerks. The very fiber of a healthy, vibrant local community.

And we are talking about some GREAT wine, from a small family winemaker that normally doesn’t distribute its consistently world class Alexander Valley cab, merlot and chardonnay vintages much beyond NorCal. Here’s your chance to score some seriously legit Cali cabs at an excellent price for an excellent cause. I’ve got Hawkes vintages in my locker going back to 2008 - they just get better every year.

And here’s a sweetner - send me your order receipt with today’s date to b420@fdmseeds.com and I’ll send you a sampler of Ortega Mix and another Breeder’s Mix of your choice.

peace -420

20 Likes

This sounds like a @Freakshow kinda deal

3 Likes

Weed and wine winning combo .

3 Likes

weed and wine is a winning combination. They go so well together.

I have a bunch of C99 beans I made - Took the Grail cut (original C99 from an original pack oc C99 form the 90’s and crossed her with an F4 of the original C99 and an F3 and an F4 (separately, not at the same time one clone crossed with the F3 and another clone crossed with he F4). I may just have to pop a couple and get some more C99 going. I truly miss the Grail cut i used to have - She was magical

10 Likes

Figured I’d tag you in since I’ve seen you talk a bunch about wine and food and older strains. I’m tapped out right now myself but I thought about getting a bottle to keep around as a surprise for my partner next time she gets a raise or something. I am a huge fan of the community land trust idea, not as familiar with the housing ones like this benefits but where I live we have a lot of land trusts preserving farmland, bird habitats, and mature woodlands and grasslands for recreation and conservation. They’re an incredible tool for locking down protections and healthy community use rights for land in a time when real estate investment is increasingly making it harder for ownership to stay local.

4 Likes

what kind of wines do you enjoy, @Dirt_Wizard?

2 Likes

I actually don’t drink any more, but when I did I delivered wine for a while from a store that specialized in natural wines and I got a real taste for some of the funkier spontaneously fermented ones. Historically my favorites were dry or semi-dry stony whites like a Riesling or a dry Gewurztraminer or big juicy reds without much oak, and I’m a big fan of wild fermented ciders like the traditional Asturias, Basque or Normandy ones that come in a champagne bottle with a secondary fermentation. That was probably my favorite “wine” to be honest.

3 Likes

I love me some funky dry ciders and mineral leaning whites too.

You like farmhouse style or Belgian beers?

Bret beers had a bit of moment in the American craft brew scene a few years back. Still see them from a few of the folks who truly love them here and there. Saddens me that sour was the thing that prevailed and became what you see everywhere, makes sense though. Lacto is easy enough to play around with, the macro brewers now operating a lot of the old micros don’t want bret or other wild type yeasts in their tanks if they can help it. Orval is a thing of beauty.

We had something astounding the other day I think you might enjoy. The most intense experience of pears I have had

This one isn’t funky, and not overly dry. Nice sweet/acid balance with the mineral backing it up a bit

3 Likes

Love Brett, love lambics and geuze and all that funky stuff taking the wild yeast and fruit skin yeasts to brew magic. It’s honestly the only other sensory experience that I’ve had with food or drink that compares to the complexity of fresh or cured cannabis and its terpenes. Like, the fruity stanky mango/pineapple of a fresh C99 plant smells to me just like a wild fermented beer with tropical fruits from one of the experimental Belgian or Belgian-style breweries. My Cherry Unicorn is curing into something that reminds me not of a kriek but Rodenbach Grand Cru, a syrupy hint of cherry under funky basement. Actually the whole funky musty dirt floor basement smell is a huge similarity between skunky older strains like C99 and some Afghans and some bretts or unflavored geuze I’ve had.

7 Likes

In FDM news, here’s my C99 and Cindy Mix on Day 19 from flip:

C99

Cindy Mix

C99 bottom right and Cindy Mix top left

Mom Cindy is throwing spears on main branches and vining up fast from the remaining lowers. Totally identical to the last FDM C99 I grew. Cindy Mix has definite indica influence with a thick-stemmed and evenly branching structure but with the height of the mom’s spears, the lowers are just going more sideways strongly into a basket vs the C99 riot of stems upwards. Also look at the fans, CMix are dinner plates and C99 are thin little sativa ones.

24 Likes

Excellent service from fleur du mal. Very nice packaging, quick shipping, and the number of seeds in each pack was correct, or on the generous side.

The graphic design of the webpages, logos, and packaging looks great. The order process and site navigation was a breeze compared to what we are used to from other seed banks.

FDM is the most professional seed bank I have ever ordered from.

thanks @Baudelaire

19 Likes

I’m a big fan of the seeds coming sealed in an opaque white plastic envelope inside the bubble envelope, in case anything tears that outer, it’s not gonna be obvious it’s seeds, it looks like electronics parts from China.

8 Likes

Smoke report this morning on a sealed Grove bag of my OG Mix #1 that’s been in the curing fridge for four months, after a month bagged at room temp following three weeks at 62 RH/75F.

Crisp woody Widow flavors in the grinder and the beginning of the joint, spicy sneezes on the first few puffs. Flavor of lemon has melded into the mild OG background on this one, I’m not getting much Blueberry but there’s something besides the Widow I recognize that must be the Silver Pearl making this one zesty. Arranging buds to take photos the bag smells much more lemony, mixed with dirt floor basement dankness and a tinge of sharp gas almost acetone or something. Good smooth woody terps, the soft cedar or sandalwood that seems to come up a lot in older crosses that I assume is the Mexican ancestry?

The effect is more sativa than #2 to my memory, I’ll check that against it when I open that bag tomorrow. I smoked a midday joint with coffee on the porch and I’m very lifted and focused, but not edgy. The sun’s a little brighter and my fingers are moving quickly, this is mellow and old school, the effects are very nice for the daytime or a slower morning. Perfect daytime bud for a nice session then moving on back to life, and the five months cure has been good for potency, I think it’s better than the stuff I finished from my desk stash a few months ago, though that was terpier with more greasy lemon vs the dry preserved lemon smell after a cure.

24 Likes

I got the OG mix not too long ago and reading your smoke report makes me more excited to germ some of them when space and time allow!

Sounds like good smoke that I’d definitely enjoy no doubt. @Dirt_Wizard

2 Likes

Just received my order of Cindy 99 and Ortega with a Generals Daughter freebie. Easy and fast shipping, thanks @Baudelaire!

7 Likes

Ortega has dropped. Still limited quantities for the next 60 days…

22 Likes

Some FDM updates from the Magic Wand Factory, starting with my morning coffee and bowl, some Cinderella 99 that’s been curing in Grove bags for almost eleven months now. I just opened my last ounce from the fridge and this is as good as ever, still fruity dank socks and zip zap zoop effects, I always look at my western boots after I smoke and want to yell yeehaw if that gives you an idea of the silly and excited head it brings for me after a couple bowlpacks.

And here’s some aerial views of the canopies on my current flowering plants, about four weeks in:

C99:

Cindy Mix:

@Baudelaire any thoughts on the likely cross with C99 in the Cindy Mix here now that it’s flowering? It seems to be maturing even faster than the mom Cindy!

24 Likes

Similar leaf structure, but the bud on the mix are considerably larger.

5 Likes

They are pretty similar, but the C99 is mostly throwing fives vs seven leaves on the Cindy Mix, also the Mix is more basket structured, with branches coming laterally then turning up vs C99 puts them out at an angle up 30° of so right from the trunk mostly, in my experience so far.

5 Likes