GC flowers Cap Junky and Chem 91

It was strongly recommended to me by the manager of a grow shop that Athena Nutrients are fantastic for use in autopots. I’ve seen photos of his grows and they are WOW!. It’s a bit of an investment initially but it goes a long way. You mix up your stock solution and they stay in the 5 gallon buckets. Then when filling a reservoir you stir it up and take out however much you need to fill your res by just adding water.

Of course with the leaks that @GCBudz is having my autopots are still sitting here in the box seven months after I bought them as is the Athena nutrients I bought. :rofl:

3 Likes

Took a quick look. Athena is pouches dropped in water to make a solution/concentrate then added to water for strength and finally ph?

I’m disappointed in the MC, was told it runs clean. It did not run 65 days without issues in a brand new system with the larger lines.

4 Likes

Just a quick pic of the 3x3 with 91 in front, Cap Junky in the back.

Just sprayed the MTA mixture again, will be defoliating a bit more once lights come on.

Leaves will be dropped into tote that has a few inches of mixed nutes left over from filling reservoir and feeding the clones. Typically the leftover feeds the wife’s outdoor flowers.

30 Likes

A pair of each soaking as we speak! Thank you for your awesomeness @GCBudz !!

14 Likes

Cool you got 8 z’s off a CJ?? I’m about to run a cut of it , good to know .

3 Likes

@Jetdro no, I pulled 4+ on the 91 and CJ. Exceeding the 4 oz average to reach 1lb with 4 plants per run. My apologies for not being clearer.

I have 4 Cap Junky about to get up potted for the 4x4 once I get to cleaning the tent.

@DefNSmokn awesome bro! I hope you find them enjoyable. I know I do…

13 Likes

The Athena nutrients I bought have five 2# bags in each box. You take a food grade bucket (wal-mart or grocery store bakery) which you clean well. You take one of the envelopes out, cut it open and pour all of it into the bucket and add 1 gallon of warm water to it and vigorously mix it up till it is all dissolved. That is your concentrate you use to fill your reservoir. You just use their chart which tells you how much of the concentrate is needed to fill your reservoir.

You do know there are products you can add to your reservoir to help keep your lines/tubes clean? I was told that is a key item in running autopots so I’m thinking you’re already using something for that purpose?

2 Likes

Yessir… i mix in SLF100 into every tote. 30-40mg to 15-20 gallon, and the mix circulates in tote for 3 days or so before transfer to reservoir.

I would expect that sufficient.

The MC may not be the issue however. It could have been the aquavalves themselves. This flooded tent was the newest Autopot system that i just bought, and this was the maiden run with it. It also has the larger lines than the earlier version. Hopefully i find out later today or this weekend while cleaning the system. I need to get it up and running…

And yes bro, this is the same setup that leaked at the 4 way fitting… and then the valves leaked after a single use and had to be replaced.

4 Likes

I duno your options for buying. But 11.3 Kg of Jack’s Hydroponic 5-12-26 is about $180 now (Used to be more like $120 ish, not long ago I think). 15 Kg of Plant-Prod 6-11-31 is about $120-130, maybe cheaper for you - because it’s made in canada, in your province no less - I think.
You’ll find it at agriculture / chemical supply places - and maybe other more retail places (go to their website, enter your province/area code and it’ll list where you can get it locally - or maybe order from). You can get the calcium nitrate (Yaraliva CalciNit, or PureCal - which has no ammonium) and magnesium sulfate (MgSO4, or “Epsom salt”) from the same place, cheaper than other places, for a big ol’ bag. You can also buy whatever else you want at these places, MKP, KSO4, etc., and not have to buy “bloom boosters” or whatever. But that’s getting a little more “custom”, and they don’t generally sell smaller amounts. Plant-Prod does have other “MJ specific” lines in smaller amounts.

There’s nothing that special about athena, jacks, masterblend, etc. Just a different blend of basically the same salts, maybe in different proportions, or in a way that ensures you have to buy their other bags to make it all work. The approach they take in blending might different (and innovative, even), but the ingredients aren’t. And none of them “make” calcium nitrate, for example. “Jacks” doesn’t make calcium nitrate, they buy it and brand it as “Jack’s Part B” or whatever.

Join us in not paying for water and marketing. Haha. (Been using Jack’s for a few years now.)

5 Likes

Those I sent beans to, 6 of 8 report they have arrived… if you don’t receive them Friday please reach out. I’ll send off Saturday.

The 4x4 to be filled tomorrow, expect to flip in 2 weeks. Trying to get on the 6 week window between harvests.

God I hate trimming.

EDIT: Some beans have been dropped, 11 for 11 thus far.

10 Likes

I got some chikamasa scissors just before last harvest. They are simply great. If that’s how you trim.
By the way, didn’t mean to go off topic with my message to @TopShelfTrees1 .

1 Like

Not off topic at all… I brought up the nute subject.

I’m hoping to find my MegaCrop was not the cause of my flooding, but I was under the impression it ran cleaner.

2 Likes

Run the Suga Suga. I’m running one right now that I’m going to hit with some Goji OG pollen. I’d love to see what other phenos are in the genetics :grinning::fire::+1:

2 Likes

I can speak to the herm issue on the Glue a bit better now. I found these, all below a bud site down low on the sidebranching at main stem. Where the preflowers form. Nothing in a bud yet…

I have an OCD thing where I start with smaller buds to the largest as I consume. Yeah, weird I know… :slight_smile:

3 beans so far…

11 Likes

The suga suga seems like a crowd favorite.

I may pop a few and run alongside two beans from a pack I bought this evening…

I’ll watch for yours…

By any chance your plant show sex early in veg? I only have so much room, fem’s work better for me.

3 Likes

Not really, she has been a bit of a slow vegger and didn’t show sex till after she was flipped but the photos of her flowers look so frosty I think she will be worth a bit of extra veg time.

1 Like

Ok, I did just look up Farmer Freemans sex testing, not unreasonable at 15 per and from 8 days old. It’s an option.

Yeah, those pics are what got my attention.

6 Likes

It might be that Danny’s just a really good grower but if you could get something even like that, you would be winning :grinning:

I’m thinking Goji Suga might be a nice cross? :crossed_fingers: sounds tasty :fire:

2 Likes

You are exactly like my wife. She burns all the small buds first.

2 Likes

That’s actually a good breeding trait. :slight_smile:

yours might be leaning more towards the father’s (pure kush) structure. You know bodhi got some nice cuts for that cross :pray: .

How’s the terps on yours?

@Bobgrows has a very nice one going right now. It seems to resemble the mother more but not completely as I see the father in hers a bit too.

4 Likes