Getting Seeds in Virginia

It’s safe especially if they come from within country, if your ordering from the uk or spain or wherever sometimes due to the packing they require inspections and if not done stealth can be confiscated though most ive ever seen come from it is just that a notice of confiscation for you americans.

Still i routinely send seeds south and none have been grabbed yet as far as im aware, though also due to how i ship.

Saying that welcome to the forums

5 Likes

Welcome to OG Steven. Great news in Virginia finally. . Don’t sweat seeds in the mail.
Just send those to safe address and you will be off to the races.
Happy growing.

3 Likes

Welcome to og I’m from northern va if I can help out or whatever bro please don’t hesitate to ask.

4 Likes

Hey bud I sent you a message earlier not sure if you received. Lol funny you mention linden va I’m down the road. I’ve met one guy on here from that area probably same person lol

3 Likes

Yea we can trade a few beans just shoot me a pm and let’s talk

1 Like

Thank you for the replies…sorry I dropped out mid-convos, I was new and the rules were like nope, not until tomorrow!! :laughing:

3 Likes

It’s happening! I’ll set this up this weekend. I still need to get soil and seeds. Then within a month some nutrients and pH up/down. I’ll start a diary and show everyone my first grow. I’m so freaking excited!!

11 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow!

2 Likes

I was new and typed too many messages, it literally wouldn’t even let me PM people back, definitely wasn’t ignoring anyone!

3 Likes

I’d say your seed problem is solved @StevenInRVA :grin:

2 Likes

Haha yeah! I think I might grab some from dcseedexchange, they’re not too far away and a lot of you guys seem to recommend them.

2 Likes

I heard of some groups handing out seeds locally here and also rooted clones. Sounded like mostly autoflowers. But yeah as everyone said seeds in mail is easy. Lots of good usa seedbanks.

1 Like

From what I’m gathering I’m gonna be looking specifically for Auto Fem Sativa seeds! Also I didn’t even know cloning was a thing until literally like an hour or 2 ago!!

I remember my first grow rig purchases. Damn feels like a lifetime ago

I think that’s a big part of what prevented me from wanting to do this until now, having to figure out the tent part and how to set it up, and being worried I wouldn’t be able to figure it out.

Dc is a solid bank. They Do a ton of work with veterans and caregivers.

1 Like

That’s awesome, my dad was in the military, and his dad. My mom too just not for long.

1 Like

We got your back friend!!

2 Likes

Yeah Fems are handy with the plant limit, that way you wont waste a plant or two on a male. Autos are nice to get your feet wet but idk if id say theyre easier if you want a nice yield. If they start out rough they end up flowering while still smal and spindly.

2 Likes

All I can say is enjoy it. I always tell beginners it’s gonna take about three runs to really get a feel for it. Don’t hesitate to ask for help, and don’t worry I ask really silly questions all the time.

3 Likes