Getting Seeds in Virginia

Thanks! And I already know…I will be asking A LOT of questions!

And so it begins… :laughing:!

I guess at this point I need to go ahead and start a grow diary!

4 Likes

I feel like Jesse in the Saved by the Bell episode… I’m so excited, I’m so excited!!!

3 Likes

So you got those in Virginia? I was curious about that. I know around DC Maryland and places like that there’s no problem. I know you can grow three plants in DC before they made it legal. I’m gonna be getting some from there it’s not too far of a drive. May I ask what town did you get them from if you don’t mind.

I’m just curious where the dispensaries are at in Virginia right now I haven’t looked at them or looked into it yet

Amazon!!

2 Likes

Dispensaries won’t be in Virginia until 2024. So far we have one medical dispensary around here, and it’s way overpriced for what you get.

1 Like

I have a problem with fabric containers

My niece lives there we have been talking about trying to do something. I did see that not opening until 2024 I’m trying to get a license is going. Which I’ve tried that here before where I live at about got arrested for applying. What was the price of those and what did you get just curious. I’m sorry I can’t see I thought those were seed bags. You already said they were over price that was good enough for me. She said one time she seen around DC where you can get seeds if you buy a T-shirt

Those are just some fabric pots. I think they were like $15 on Amazon. I’m still looking for seeds, but luckily with everyone’s advice here I should not have a problem getting them through the mail. Other than the soil that’s literally the last step at this point so I need to get on it!

1 Like

I’ve made a few trips to DC to buy weed when I couldn’t find anything around here, or if I couldn’t find anything reliable and got tired of the bs.

They’re not too hard to get. I was hesitant at first I’m not anymore.

1 Like

In DC, it’s illegal to sell anyone cannabis if you aren’t a licensed medical dispensary. The way some get around this is they will sell you a t-shirt, lighter, cookie, juice, etc. and then “gift” you a bag of reefer. It’s absurd because who the hell would pay $50-70 for those things? It’s obvious what’s going on, but that’s how it skirts the law and DC police aren’t going to waste their time with it. Seeds and clones are done the same way sometimes.

VA has extra verbiage in the recent bill that attempts to close this loophole. In VA, you can gift cannabis legally, but money cannot change hands during that transaction. Still, so much grey area there and there will be some controversial cases in the future surrounding it. Imo, the weed in DC sucks. It’s grossly overpriced and the quality is poor. I’m hoping when VA starts retail in 2024, the quality will be better. By then, I also hope I never need to buy from a dispensary :crossed_fingers:t2:

5 Likes

Enough for my like

1 Like

There’s a few things that don’t make sense about the VA laws, that’s for sure!! Like…you can possess an ounce…but can grow 4 plants…so what happens when the 4 plants are ready? That will be way more than 1 ounce!

2 Likes

Congrats! Get on it!

As far as seeds go, I wouldn’t fret too much about spending a bit on good genetics from a known breeder … via one of the suggested shops from your OG colleagues.

It’s a lot of time and effort, fretting and figuring, to make it through a grow. Give your first shot the best chance to produce something that will blow you and your friends away by starting with good genetics.

If something goes wrong the first time around, it’s still short money relatively and you’ll be more motivated to make corrections on the second round.

1 Like

That’s what I was referring to. I’m looking forward to it it’s not that far of a drive for me I knows it’s not no big deal but it’s fun to go to the grocery store.

2 Likes

I was already in Colorado way before they ever made it medical. I went back out there when they made it recreational I stood in line on Colfax Street and cried.

2 Likes

Nothing had changed really because I still had a cookie girl she had the best edible cookies in town she used to go around all the jam band bars but it’s different going to the grocery store

That’s kind of the direction I’m going…I know some people are advising going the cheaper route my first grow, but I’m more of the mindset if I want this to replace my weekly weed bill, and it’s going to take at least 3 months each batch, I need to make sure it’s something good that will last until the next batch is ready! And I smoke…a lot. Like an ounce a week myself.

3 Likes