Giesel, Tahoe, Irene, Rez ECSD, GMO, seedlings, and more! leetdood's grow struggles, vol 2

Watered the seed run tent 2 days ago, forgot to post the numbers I recorded.

Input 1.8 EC

Runoff
Hiro5: 5.2 ec
Loompas: 5.7 ec
Gmo: 3.3 ec
Hiro4: 7.9 ec
Hiro7: 5.1 ec
Irene: 5.7 ec

4 Likes

Seems to be dropping in general.

3 Likes

Start of day 32 light cycle, seed run tent

@Sourpatch707 above plant is why I was so amused by your description of no stretch kush. You usually don’t see a plant refuse to stretch :rofl:

7 Likes

I’ve been struggling to catch up

But thankfully, while I was recovering, no other plants died. They got extremely thirsty in the 8x4 flower tent but the 3 gallon pots sustained them for very long. So they probably got very stressed but still alive and mostly caught up. That tent should be all caught up tomorrow. Takes a lot to water each plant when very dry, about 1 to 2 gallons.

6 Likes

maybe add a touch of dish soap as a wetting agent if it got to dry. and at least you learned how far you can go for dry backs haha

4 Likes

Hell yeah! We in here!

5 Likes

Hell yeah, welcome to the struggle @Hotrods_and_hounds

4 Likes

hell yeah dude. a nice little pile you got going on. I know i saw them in pm’s, but publicly, looking dank lol.

2 Likes

Did watering a bit before lights on, day 34 seed tent

Input 6.2 pH 1.6 EC

Khalifa mints: 6.1 pH 6.7 EC
GMO: 6.2 pH 3.4 EC
Danny sour: 6.3 pH 8.8 EC
Loompas headband: 6.1 pH 6.2 EC
HiRo6: 6.2 pH 6.5 EC
HiRo4: 6.5 pH 5.9 EC

Looks like I need to back off to around 1 EC, except maybe for gmo and hiro4

5 Likes

More hiro4 pics @ day 34

9 Likes

Gonna be another nice haul : )
6.7 ec is high eyes near popped out of my head when I read that
: )

I have a sharp 90 degree 5 inch plastic ducting bend
What’s the best way to go about turning it into a dust filter , will be just befor an 4 inch inline fan ?

@leetdood
@Fuel

3 Likes

Actually in a kind of competition with a jar of ak x shiska. I’ve to roll faster that the jar level is lowering. If you know, you know.

@ifish i need a draw even with the feets who care

2 Likes

The 5 inch bend male fitting at both ends will be connected and are tight fits
Bend will be removed from system to clean or change filters

2 Likes

When my family go out I’ll take a pic
: )

2 Likes

i understand the concept but too baked to extrapolate flows. i vote for the pic ^^

2 Likes

Keepin the system clean from filter outward is main goal ( dust ) but I will go for filtering mites and thrips also as long as flow isn’t drastically effected , pollen I don’t need to worry about

5 Likes

It’s quite a funnel, the flow will be drastically reduced and depression increased.
Sans titre-1filmter

Red cross are the hot spot increasing exponentially the pressure.
Green things are where i will place the filter : in the high velocity points.

3 Likes

Excellent answer, thank you. I wasn’t sure myself and i thought I would leave it to you

3 Likes

Pink Kush just after day 34. Me and a friend were chatting and he thinks this might be the legacy cut not the van island. I do really like this plant though.

8 Likes

I understand completely : )

But unfortunately I was wanting to keep the inline fan clean , and parts after it so would like to filter befor the inline only

The grey 5 inch tube at the start is in wall so I wasn’t really wanting to put a filter n there plus that tube is only 4 inches long , I just used that longer piece to represent the tight fit bend fits into

I realise the bends are not great but unavoidable for system to fit

Why I went 5 inch for them and not 4 inch like inline fan , so as to help lower restriction

So it has to be on /in the first bend

Any thoughts on what to use as filter

The inline is designed to pull or push thru a carbon filter so some resistance is doable plus fan will never be on more than half power ( temperature fan controller )

Open cell foam ? ( pond filter foam etc ) Or some other type of filter

2 Likes