Gorilla Glue 4 Recombinant Inbred Line

Hey to old friends and how do to new ones! Pull up a chair and invite a friend because the GG4 RIL seedrun is about to begin!

I have been working, documenting and line breeding the Gorilla Bubble for 6 or 7 years. The end goal is to create a pure homozygous line to make supreme F1’s. As some may know we have been very successful proofing and checking our work a long the way, with many exceptional hybrids grown out by people all over the world.

Tom Hill suggested this scheme to me but before we got here much work had to go into Gorilla Bubble to create a GG4 near isometric line. Fortunately Mycotek put in similar effort with his chem outcross based GG4 NIL. Both lines together make this scheme possible, roughly a combined 12 years of inbreeding work! Tom suggests that two separately inbred lines from the same p1 recombined may create hybrid vigor. Well we are about to find out! The math has not been wrong yet.

104 Likes

Selected Gorilla Bubble cuts into 1 gal pots. Little stress from being rootbound. Veg a bit then off we go. Still gotta up pot the gg4bx6. I’m getting old ha.

48 Likes

Hey, all right. Nice to finally see ya here man! Looking forward to seeing how this goes :smile:

15 Likes

Great to see you on OG @Tonygreen! I think you will find a good home here. Lots of good people who do not like drama. I have plans to pop a couple packs of your Pine Tar Gush this year. I am excited to have you around if I have some questions.

14 Likes

Nice to see you around tony :heart:

9 Likes

Awesome! Definitely watching this.

8 Likes

Hmmmmm…interesting

9 Likes

This looks to be an interesting ride so im in the backseat and ready to take notes.

6 Likes

Just from seeing a few posts of yours it’s nice to see someone actually breeding with a purpose and not just cucking pollen around from stuffs with cool names. Is your gear available somewhere?

14 Likes

Glg stocks his gear…20 chars

6 Likes

Under what brand …

6 Likes

Tony greens tortured beans

8 Likes

I’m thinking something similar with nl5/haze

7 Likes

pulling me a chair as well. :+1:

6 Likes

Welcome Tony.

Crossing two IBL lines should, indeed, create hybrid vigor, along with a fair amount of GG4 dominance throughout.

I’m interested in the outcome of this breeding endeavor and will sit “quietly” and watch the show from the comfort of my phone.

21 Likes

Are you back crossing to the mother or father?

4 Likes

Both lines were made using gg4 as the recurring parent.
I’ll throw up a pic of the chem line side in a bit. Very interesting looking at the chem line seeing some things I am familiar with in my GB line but it’s like a multiverse or mirror world thing of slight differences. Pretty cool trip.
I’ve got 2 chem line males selected and they will pollinate my GB girls. I’ll throw a pic of them, will flower soon. Dont want to walk in the door eating up bandwidth ha.

19 Likes

So cool to see this ! I am also using GG4 (JW Cut) to cross too. I AM NOT doing like you, do not have THAT PATIENCE , sure appreciate it when I see it!!!

I am doing a simple cross to her, and hoping to increase her flavor/taste/growing traits. I am using another member’s from here DAD as my stud.

11 Likes

You KNOW GG4. I am on my first run of her right now, 28 days in. Can I pick your brain. I am running the JW Cut sourced from here but out of Colorado.

7 Likes

Anytime brotha, shoot.

7 Likes