Grape Punch from the man, the legend, BOG ver.2

I completely disagree. When I switched my plants didn’t skip a beat and showed no ill affects to my tap water and it has chloramine. You may smell and taste it but it is at too low a level for the plants to care in my opinion and from what I have seen personally. I know may who use tap water with no ill effects at all.

5 Likes

That’s what we do here, regular tap water but ran through an inline garden hose filter that has no waste lol then sits for a day or two, Then Ph balance n roll

Boogie Blue Plus Garden Hose Water Filter for RV and Outdoor use - Removes Chlorine, Chloramines, VOCs, Pesticides/Herbicides Boogie Blue Plus High Capacity Filter - The Organic Gardener’s Choice

supposed to be good for around 45,000 gals

I’ve used tap water for over 20yrs lol just let it sit a couple days so the Chlorine and Florine, etc evaporate good.

4 Likes

That’s what Subcool used or something very similar. $60 for 45k gallons can’t really complain!

4 Likes

Am I the only nutter that got the chloramine scrubber in play?

T.dot changed from Chlorine to Chloramine a while back and I was wondering WHY my plants better with rain water vs tap water. Once I set it up last winter EVERYTHING changed. I still got 150ppm but the plants aren’t reacting to the chloramine any more.

1 Like

OK, Those who use tapwater, how often do you suffer budrot and/or PM?

I always have used it, let sit and pour. I foliar spray outdoors with it rather than well water after many Pm storms and Bud rot seasons.

Hey bud, what changed? How did they react? I am curious as I have had no issues.

1 Like

Hay you had any luck with mold resistant strains?

2 Likes

I’m not one to buy seeds, but when I read about such strains and the many problems people have with PM and Budrot, combined with the thread info on washing buds, I think about how it’s been years since I had these problems. I “wash” my plants almost every day. Vigorously.
I use one CO2 yeast bottle setup at base of every plant, I hang Pest Strips on my fencing and scrog netting and wormcastings/Guano tea foliar once a week. I get great bugs, Gnats and flying things they say are good. But I think tapwater is my best friend here.

1 Like

Well things in hydro could swing wildly at times. Brown spots, etc. I thought it was so many things and tried adjusting them all.

Then I switched to using distilled water as it was only 1x 5gal bucket DWC. Well, it all STOPPED. I mean like overnight. So I spent money on water for the rest of flower and then bought a smallboy filter and upgraded with the chlorashield filter (red band on filter).

Same results with no fuckery!

3 Likes

Cool, thanks for the info man. Perhaps being in coco helps such things.

1 Like

Y’aknow, it prob does!

I had less issues in soil and soilless, but hydroponics without R/O or this filter in T.dot REALLY SUCKS. :laughing:

3 Likes

Things be looking healthy, got some transplanting to do.

20 Likes

Looking good. Do you spray anything for stress during transplant?

2 Likes

No, I just give the new coco the same feed as they are getting and they dont seem to even notice the change when you drop them in.

1 Like

Nice. Keep it simple. I like the idea of these pots as it allows for transplanting without stress but I’m not sure if you had any experience on them.
http://www.fertil.us/

3 Likes

Not at all cuz… that Boogie Blue filter says it gets rid of all that. Why I bought it.

2 Likes

I haven’t gotten ‘bud rot’ or PM in forever. Until this year with the outdoor grow. But that’s from the occasional budworms and wasn’t bad, just annoying

5 Likes

THEY HAVE A HOSE MOUNT!!! OMG. Getting one for my outdoor plants! Rain = it’s not gonna get used , no rain = F.U. Chloramine!!

2 Likes

Indeed lol and guess where it is? Amazon, of course lol
And the fact that it’s good for 45,000 gallons means it’ll be awhile before needing replaced. Also couple with the fact that unlike traditional filters, there’s zero waste! i love it…

I used 3700+ gallons of water this past month. Temps record highs all month, watered twice daily outdoors. At that rate, it’ll be around one a year.

That was total usage, the barn, outdoors, the household etc
I just put a ‘Y’ on the out side of the Boogie filter, then ran a hose to the outdoors and one to the barn. the household water, I don’t care about that having a bit of ‘other’ stuff lol it’s my damn plants I’m concerned about!!

4 Likes

@DougDawson hey there cuz, how’s life treating you and yours this lovely day? Also, lol how are them babies doing?!

1 Like