Grape Punch from the man, the legend, BOG ver.2

Nice fat leaves.

2 Likes

Well today is the day, lights are out from 9am to 3pm but I just changed that to 7am to 7pm. This follows our hydro tier program so the lights are off during peak hours. Makes a nice difference it hydro bill as 7pm to 7am is off peak and $0.082 per kwh while on peak is $0.170 per kwh. Something I think many growers ignore but as you can see by the price it’s half the cost. The only issue is being home on weekends and wanting to tend the plants during the day is not possible but hey, will be over 50% cheaper to run the lights and also help keep the heat up over night. Let the stretch begin.

14 Likes

So plants have had their first 12 hrs of dark and the fun begins. Gonna have to start feeding twice a day, pots were pretty dry.

29 Likes

Tell me man. When you change and have to water twice a day, do you adjust feed ratios at all? For instance, I only use Cal Mag every third watering, so if I’m watering, say, 30% more often would I change how often I don’t add that?

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a HUGE difference!!

2 Likes

That’s the reason I go 5 gallon pots always… im not home enough to feed twice a day… it buys me enough tone between waterings

4 Likes

Man these things look healthy!

2 Likes

Hey @MoBilly , no change in feed strength, just frequency. I will tun same feed strength most of their life till I lower near harvest.

Per 5 gallon jug
5 to 7 grams Epsom salt
30 ml Flora Micro
30 ML Flora Gro
40 ML Flora Bloom

10 Likes

I am always in 5 gallon fabric pots for bud runs but want to keep these smaller for seed runs. I would have also topped, trained and vegged 3 or 4 more weeks for a bud run. I have a new auto water system but have not set it up since I dont know which plants will stay and where at this point. Will know more once they are sexed.

5 Likes

Right on, makes sense, I just got my auto water hooked up for my last bud run…what a lifesaver! Especially for my week long camping and fishing trips I did this year!!

2 Likes

Nice. The system I got I found out I am only 1 of around 7 people who have one, it’s new. Pump has four outlets and 4 pumps inside so each pot gets it’s own pump and can feed it’s own nute mix. Really want to check it out but alas, not yet. Soon I hope.

4 Likes

Damn that’s a game changer! Pretty cool.

2 Likes

Yeah, should be cool. Software controlled and you can not only pump from 4 sources but give different amounts to each plant. It’s a really cool little system. I got the basic but the advanced comes with scales and another pump unit so when they pots reach a certain weight it pumps out the waste.

6 Likes

That sounds awesome. I grew 4 types in my bud room last crop and the white widow needed a totally different nute regiment. I didn’t, as I only had 1 reservoir and they were all getting the same, but what all my others thrived on my white Widows got banana leafs and crispy… buds were still great, but they ruined a lot of pictures, lol

2 Likes

Wow they look great, I can’t imagine watering so frequently but I’ve never grown in coco. I’ll be running beds for the first time so I hope to go with some kind of auto watering system. Blumat possibly. Best of luck!

3 Likes

Well work is done for the day, time to check out the plants. My it is starting to smell nice in there. Plants seem to be doing quite well now.

24 Likes

Damn you can grow!

Plants stalk are so green and thick!!! + leafs are bodacious

I am Going To have to pay attention!!

3 Likes

@DougDawson another awesome BOG grow my friend! Can’t wait to see how these turn out as well…also like seeing you use Magnesium Sulfate(Epsom Salt) and not Calmag…imo the most over used product ever! Lol

Keep up the good work!

Brian(Alaskagrown)

7 Likes

I think he is using cal mag as well. 5ml caliMagic per 5 gallon jug.

2 Likes

Thanks bud, I am learning. Should be a good run.

Oops, thanks for pointing that out. I cut and pasted it and didn’t remove that. I was using Calimagic when I was using RO water. I dropped it when I went to tap water and went to just Epsom salt since tap water has calcium in it already.

2 Likes