Grape Punch from the man, the legend, BOG ver.2

Those are some healthy seedlings there Doug.

4 Likes

Just your nightly pic again. Things should get more interesting as we go :rofl:

17 Likes

Grow babies Grow! lol They seem to be liking life cuz!

5 Likes

Well looks like this weekend they will be heading for the grow room. Foing to have to plant the bags.

20 Likes

Nice roots! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Looks like the bags are smashing the cups!

I didnt read everything, were you doing a comparison or just run out of bags? :rofl:

2 Likes

No, got hundreds of them. Was just curious so I used cups and bags. Bags seem to be winning.

8 Likes

I’m liking the bag thing @Eagles009 . Nice @DougDawson

2 Likes

Prob cause of the extra air accessible to the roots! :smiley:

4 Likes

Looks like I have to move the 2 in seedling bags to pots today, roots starting to poke through everywhere.

15 Likes

Things are looking great Doug. I might have to look into those small bags for seedlings, I currently do the cup in a cup myself but it looks like those bags might really protect the seedlings from root rot or damping off no?

3 Likes

It’s quite possible. I used both to see the difference but since both bags seem to be growing better than the 3 cups it appears they are the better way to go. I don’t know exactly why, perhaps the O2 being more available, but either way I think the bags are going to be my go too now. I have to see how well they break down once in coco. I don’t want to impede root growth but so far there are not signs of that. When I up pot them later on I will post some pics.

4 Likes

Whoa wait, so you just transplant those without removing the root ball? That’s pretty rad if that’s the case, seems like it’d be a good solution for autos seeing as they can be so finicky with transplants

2 Likes

That’s the idea, just plant the whole bag in new coco and it should devolve away. The roots are poking though now. Here is what the look like right now.

16 Likes

That’s awesome, definitely going to order some to play with now. Here’s a dumb question: they’d probably break down in soil too as well as coco right?

2 Likes

They should, they are biodegradable. How well they break down I will have to wait and see. I doubt all bags are created equal.

4 Likes

I’ll be keeping an eye out for that if you don’t mind reporting back, I’ve tried a bunch of different methods for transplanting autos to be gentle with the roots and not induce flowering too early and this seems like it’d be the least pain in the ass if they bio degrade proper. Thanks for the hot tip there Douglas

2 Likes

I tried the bags on one run and never looked back. I will tell you that the brand I bought does not break down, like at all, during a 3/4 month grow. That said, roots grow right through and the bags do nothing to impede root growth. Like you mentioned potting up is a breeze. Just my .02

4 Likes

The little pucks don’t dissolve. I had some to start seeds. The net was still intact like 3 months later.

2 Likes

You speaking of the coco pellets or the grow bags @BigMike55 ? I have heard mixed reactions about the bags but have to think it depends on the brand and material they use.

1 Like