Green Highland’s Garden

Purest indica are frost monsters at 5 weeks in. A couple smell like a lemon kush thing with slight pungent undertones, almost gassy or skunky, a couple almost have a bubblegum lemon kushy thing going on and one smells like rootbeer/ Sarsaparilla with hint of lemon. Feost levels are def holding up against anything modern

11 Likes

So exactly where do these come from originally ?

1 Like

Here is the story told by todd mcormick.
“The “Purest Indica” is the original variety of the Northern Lights line. It was first acquired in 1979 by Seattle Greg through the author Murphy Stevens as “Purest Indica” and became the backbone of all of the Northern Lights hybrids.

Seattle Greg told me that after he got the seeds from Murphy Stevens, he inbred them and passed the seeds he made around to his friends who crossed it with their seed stock and created what is now known as the Northern Lights line of #1 through #11. The #1 being closest to this original “Purest Indica” and the #11 being the most tropical and furthest from this “Purest Indica”.

The buds are incredibly leafy, sticky and huge, the plants require a lower humidity and look like they came out of an Afghan desert. The leaves have longer leaflets that lay down and the plants have a similar structure to a Christmas tree.

Flowering time is fast and the smell is dank and gassy somewhere between burnt rubber with a hint of acrid smelling skunk. The high is heavy and sedative.

The seeds came to me directly from Seattle Greg in 2020. He told me that the seeds were placed in his sisters freezer in Seattle in the early 80s and were found after she passed away in 2019. His family sent the seeds to him and he got decent germination and sent some seeds to me and I reproduced them in my greenhouse.

This would be the first reproduction of these seeds in almost 40 years.

Seattle Greg also told me that he never sent the “Purest Indica” seeds to Nevil and The Holland Seed Bank because he did not want Nevil to be able to make the Northern Lights hybrids without him.

This is truly world class cannabis; I smoke it and wonder how many generations of farmers cultivated this variety as a hash plant back in Afghanistan or the Hindu Kush mountains and I give praise and respect to them all.”

Check out the history of Northern Lights here:

9 Likes

That is AMAZING. I love the background stories about different plants. Thank you very much for posting that. :grin:

2 Likes

Original haze reaching. Day 35 and day 21 of flower

11 Likes

Man! Those purest just get better and better! So stoked to watch these finish up and hear your thoughts. But also to pop some myself. Nicely done !

4 Likes

The smells on a couple are really starting to get my attention.

3 Likes

Swamp gas bx from Green rebel farms about to get the transplant into 1 gallon pots. Wait for them to sex and flower the ladies. The thrips are still bastards, really need to some nematodes back in the house.

9 Likes

Couple shots of the next pheno of gmo x mac finishing up.

10 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly bro ! :confounded:

Frosty as a mofo! Very nice

Purest indica on day 46. Shes a fast finisher .

13 Likes

Damn! That plant is so frosty ! She looks like a “cold hearted bitch”. :cold_face:

1 Like

Yes! That one is checking hella boxes! My god I can’t wait to look through these! Great work @GreenHighland for real. So happy you popped these and made this thread, I wanted these beans for so long! Now I cannot wait to pop them !

1 Like

@Weednerd.Anthony check it out brother :wink:

1 Like

Curing up the purest indica. Smells have dulled quite a bit and are def reminding me of the northern lights ive had in the past. What was smelling like lemon has dulled to a more melon type smell. Lots of bubblegum, melon and earthy musk coming of of most of them. Not my favourite smells in the canna world to be completely honest. Fruity earthyness has come forward in most of the phenos. Not much in terms of pungent smells at all. One pheno, the number 4 has some subtle gas and is a little more acrid than the rest so it is possible that some real stinkers may be in the line, the number 4 is the one ill use to make some more beans as it def has more of the smell im looking for in weed. Def smelling things that are extremely familiar and have smoked this type of weed a lot back in the day. I took these down at 7.5 weeks and coupd have chopped a week earlier as the trichomes are pretty amber. Extremely fast finishing and frost is on point. Probably really good chucking stock.

. Smoked some quick dried and it was very narcotic.

11 Likes

Definitely looks great, crazy there’s no real funk in there . (Well not in those) I definitely agree it looks like stellar breeding stock for sure, definitely still curious to explore.

4 Likes

Yea, was hoping to find something with some og funk to it as it is described on the website as being very similar terpene profile. Is described as being gassy, burnt rubber with hints of acrid skunk. Didn’t find anything with that profile. Not even close tbh. The one pheno sort of has some underlying gassy thing but it is very subtle. everything is def in the earthy and sweeter side with that hashy keif type smell. At least from the beans i popped. See what happens in the jar over the next couple weeks but tbh i think ill be moving away from these as i like the eye watering, nose burning gassy skunky stuff. These phenos are the type of weed i will never reach for. Very regular stuff.

6 Likes

This dissapoints me, but you never know I suppose, what about the nl2 anything real dank in those? I’m still gonna run some but I’m not gonna lie I’m not nearly as excited as I was yesterday :wink:

2 Likes

Regardless it looks like stellar breeding material for so many aspects (all but the nose :wink:)

3 Likes