Greenleaf Nutrients MEGA CROP Q&A/Support/Pictures/Feedback/Anything thread

Yes They are all down I have 18 young plants and one seedling started for next round.

3 Likes

Here is Mega fed BCN power plant auto. This is a very potent strain.

2 Likes

Here it is picked

8 Likes

I prefer airpots but bags are cheaper and have handles and do as good a job for a1/8 the cost. You want a soil less mix like sunshine mix#4. Is your environment humid? Greenleaf mega crop would be your most efficient nutrient it is a true all in one. It is amazing. And dirt cheap.

2 Likes

Megacrop as the main nutrient source. Have been adding some additional PK over the last two weeks. And, a light amount of magnesium sulfate last couple of feedings as she starts into frost overdrive.

Progress:

15 Likes

@anon32470837, did the MC need extra calmag in that concentration? Or was this preventative? Iā€™m having a hard time letting go of calmag, but some say itā€™s not needed with MC above EC2ā€¦

3 Likes

I didnt stay at that hi a concentration for very long, so Im not really sure. I had been adding CalMag for a while - from about the second week in veg - because I was getting purple stems, and I just kept adding CalMag as a routine through the rest of the grow.

Looking back at my grow log, I started out at EC 1.6 or so, worked up to a hi of EC 3.2, then back down to EC 1.2-1.3 for most of flower. That seemed to be the sweet spot for me in hydro with this Blue Dream strain.

So, I basically never stopped using CalMag. Im growing a clone from the same mom now at EC .6 (hi pressure aero) and it still needs CalMag. I cant say if its the Mega Crop that needs the CalMag or this particular strain, but several others have commented that adding some CalMag is needed with Mega Crop.

Other than the need for calmag, I think Mega Crop is just about perfect. My plants have always looked really happy no matter what dose Im using - other than the purple stems.

Looking at my notes, it looks like I was mostly adding CalMag at the rate of around 1ml/gallon.

4 Likes

Thanks! :+1: Iā€™ll keep on the cal-mag.

3 Likes

Forgot to ask - are you running in hydro or soil or?

Pretty much everyone Ive seen needs CalMag in coco. If youā€™re running hydro, I doubt you will need an EC above 1.5. This Blue Dream is supposed to be a heavy feeder, but 1.2-1.3 was perfect all through flower. At those levels, you will find the EC and PH is more stable between rez changes.

I monitor EC daily all during the run. If the EC in the rez is climbing between rez changes, your EC is too hi. If its dropping between rez changes, its too low.

From what I have read on other forums, that 1.2-1.5 range seems to be a pretty common ā€œperfectā€ EC for hydro. Soil and coco are different stories, so I cant help there.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Convince me to switch to Coco

Iā€™m in RDWC for some, and coco for others, but eventually coco will be going away. Iā€™m using it as a test against soil to see if I can do better than dirt with autos, or if it is just the genetics I got were not awesome.

In terms of EC in hydro, were those numbers (1.2-1.3) combined calmag and MC, or MC alone? Iā€™m sitting at around 1.35 now with MC and calmag combined in the bubblers, they seem to be doing well, 2 weeks from rooted clones, in my Atomic Haze grow log on here. Itā€™s my first dwc and my first haze and my first round with megacrop, lots of firsts so Iā€™m keeping a watchful eye for relevant experiences and comments :slight_smile:

Thanks again, eh

I have also realized we went off topic, may I kindly ask @LemonadeJoe or another soul with power to do so, to split from post 56 onwards into the megacrop thread?

4 Likes

That was total EC - MC plus CalMag.

3 Likes

I grew Blue Dream all season (outdoors) with Mega cropā€¦ Never used Cal Mag. I got slight purpleing on the stems only when they were really hungry or needed a higher dose and only when they were budding. I only use regular tap water and not an RO machine so it never occurred to me to add Cal Magā€¦ Usually the manufacturer doses, burn my plants so I am generally a light feeder and actually found Megacropā€™s dosage chart to be pretty spot on.

4 Likes

also though, you did use Epsom salts which is basically a different fix to essentially the same problem

but Iā€™ll continue to use megacrop til Greenleaf makes something better lol

5 Likes

Itā€™s only been a day and a bit, but I think so too. The plants look pretty damn good and the cost is just awesome in comparison to the others. Pretty much all the others

Iā€™m one happy camper

5 Likes

@GreenleafNutrients

Just wanted to say Iā€™m very disappointed with this product, not because of itā€™s quality but because of itā€™s shipping cost and availability.

First you removed the 630g promotion for Overgrow users, then removed that size altogether, then removed your small packs as well.

Now thereā€™s nothing but 1000g packs available. To have those shipped to Canada is 130% the cost of the product itself.
And I have to wait 4 weeks for the product to get here. $30 to have a small package shipped. You should be embarassed. I can ship a product twice as heavy for less than half the cost, I donā€™t see how an established company like yours hasnā€™t found a cheaper shipping option when regular average joes can have stuff shipped to YOU for cheaper than you have stuff shipped to THEM. Iā€™ve even wanted to recommend your product to the many local growers here but wouldnā€™t even mention it because of the shipping costs no one would be willing to try it.

After shipping, Megacrop is no longer a low cost food formula and ends up being as much or more costly than off the shelf minerals.

I had planned on purchasing a 630g bag this round, even though I still couldnā€™t afford the monstrous shipping charges. The 1000g is just out of my price range. So Iā€™m actually now unable to grow anything. And might have to take a break until my finances change and I can once again afford your ā€œaffordableā€ product.

Big thumbs down here

4 Likes

Others had complained of this very issue in the past. Greenleaf had commented on the shipping cost issue awhile ago:

Donā€™t know if there has been progress. Maybe they could set-up a an arrangement with an OG member/ or some other entity to act as a distributor in Canada. Iā€™d assume internal rates would be more reasonable after a larger bulk LTL shipment. Problem is, that would still eat at their margins since theyā€™d have to make it attractive to a third party to handle that. In the end it would end-up more expensive, Iā€™d think. Would like to hear their thoughts on this.

Across the border? What method?

Quick non-commercial rate example via USPS to Canada

Priority Mail InternationalĀ® Small Flat Rate Box
USPS-Produced Box: 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"
Maximum weight 4 pounds.
Select a Delivery Option Expected Delivery Day Retail Click-N-ShipĀ®
Normal Delivery Time 6 - 10 business days to many major markets1,2 $25.95 $25.95

4 Likes

From my house right to their address, being generous with weight and size.

$17CAD=$13USD

They want $25USD to ship to me, so yeah double the cost.

3 Likes

That sucks for sure, but I dont think you can blame the MC folks. Its the USPS that sets the rates. Plus, the MC people need to change a little more to cover packaging and handling.

I think they mentioned earlier that they were working on way to get suppliers in several countries to help with this. I hope Canada is hi on the list so you will be able to get it again at reasonable costs.

I agree with you though that only having larger packages available is hard on small growers. A 22 pound bag might look like a good deal if it makes nutes that only cost 1 penny per liter - but it would take me a couple of lifetimes to use up 10,000 liters of nutes :slight_smile: Ok, maybe not that long, but it does work out to about 406 rez changes for me. That several years of growing at the rate I use it :slight_smile:

I prefer to pay a higher rate per liter, but get smaller packages at a lower up-front cost. That works better for my budgeting by allowing me to spread out the cost over time. So I will be buying the 1000gm packages. Even one of those will last me more than a year.

I just checked the cheapest rates and @Northern_Loki has the lowest rate available from the USPS, so your stuck as far as I can see until Mega Crop gets a distribution deal with someone in Canada.

The only other option is if you know someone traveling between the US and somewhere near you. They could pick some up here and take it to you?

8 Likes

I blame Trump. Man it sucks to be Canadian sometimes. Lol.

And I really like MC too and want to keep using it but the shipping just creates a barrier. Like my last bag took 3+ weeks to get here, which I understand is not Greenleafs fault, but when you pay such a disproportional amount for shipping youā€™d expect the cost to match the shipping service. I guess other online merchants have me spoiled with their 5-10 dollar shipping worldwide. Sorry if I sound a little entitled lol

Just needed to smoke a bowl and rethink all of this to realize itā€™s just an awkward situation.

7 Likes