Greenleaf Nutrients MEGA CROP Q&A/Support/Pictures/Feedback/Anything thread

thank you for taking the time to keep us informed.

4 Likes

I cannot buy anything but pallets and half pallets on the Canadian website right now.

3 Likes

I never got in on the free samples yet whatā€™s the deal for Canadians , guess I should give it a try seeing thereā€™s more good than bad reports howā€™s a guy get in on a free sample?

4 Likes

Still no kelp or bud explosion in Canada either. Going to hold off so I can get the new mc and those at the same time. I think the 9kg was there but it is either sold out or no longer available. The only product currently available is the smallest size of bud candy which Iā€™m not really interested in. Looking for 2500g bud explosion, 9kg megacrop and some kelp.

Was thinking the other day, man megacrop would be great if they offered a veg and bloom powder. I know that goes against trying to be a great one part though.

@Esrgood4u Interesting you mention the v2 not being as pH stable. I donā€™t know if other variables might be involved but since switching over I have noticed my reservoir climbing a few points per day and having to re adjust it. Could be something else like the shitty pH down I am using or not enough aeration who knows. Havenā€™t had any problems with the whole thing turning into a giant clump this time though. Iā€™m anxious to try the second updated version see how it compares.

7 Likes

The 10kg are in stock in Canada, but the shipping warehouse is shuffling around some inventory so they are temporarily offline for a day or so. There are over 40 in stock in Canada now.

ALL the other products and sizes are in transit to Canada now, hopefully Sept 11 everything will be landed and stocked and ready. We have 27 big boxes shipping up to Canada in transit now.

And yes, that includes about 140 free samples of the 500g sizes Mega Crop.

Actually, probably our next product to add will be a Mega Crop 2 part. The part 1 will be similar to Jacks Hydroponics/Masterblend formula in NPK (5-12-26) + trace + silica + other goodies to make it a little better. The Part 2 will be just Calcium Nitrate as standard. We are trying to make the price the same or lower, so we can basically soak up all the current Jackā€™s loyal growers. Having the 2 part allows for extensive customization of NPK ratios, to fill anyoneā€™s needs/desires (so no complaining about ratios or anything like that). Also, having the 2 separate parts works a little smoother for fertilizer injectors use (less need for filters), but does require 2 separate injectors for each part.

So look out for this, possibly even late 2019. Still working out a lot of details about this and not confirmed though!

8 Likes

What Iā€™ve noticed is when Iā€™m pumping air into the solution the ph climbs faster. With the pump turned off it still climbs but no where near as quickly. Iā€™m about to move back into RDWC so Iā€™ll likely no longer be using megacrop on my indoor plants unless I figure some way of filtering the solution as I add it to the rez but Iā€™ll definitely keep using it on my outdoors in soil as Iā€™ve had no problems at all in soil. In fact I even use it on my cherry tomatoes and they ended up like regular sized tomatoes because of the megacrop :laughing:

5 Likes

The #1 factor for deciding which nutrient to use should be how well plants they grow :grin:

5 Likes

I agree but as megacrop leaves a residue in my rez Iā€™m damned if Iā€™m gonna push it through my pumps effectively shortening the pumps life. Iā€™ll run a few tests filtering the megacrop through some gauze or filter as I mix up a solution to see if I can limit the residue it creates and if successful Iā€™ll give it a run in the new RDWC system I have :v:

4 Likes

First you made the claim that MC canā€™t be used in RDWC because of ā€œpH drift,ā€ next you are saying MC canā€™t be used in RDWC because ā€œresidue will destroy the pumps.ā€ Do you have any evidence that MC residue will damage pumps or canā€™t be used because pH issues? MC was designed with built in micro-chelators to work in extended pH range beyond normal hydroponic nutrients, and no any reside would be organic and will not damage or harm pumps. Seem to be making some pretty serious claims here with not much to back it up.

Also, looked through your history, and you were also the same person to claim v2 has less Magnesium than v1 (not true).

So, it seems like you are just spreading a lot of untrue things. This is not our forum or website, and actually we donā€™t spend too much time to monitor the posts here, but Iā€™m just not sure why you are spreading this bad information? Is it intentional or not?

4 Likes

Haha Iā€™m not crabbing megacrop. Itā€™s truly an excellent nutrient. Iā€™m just stating the problems Iā€™ve had. Maybe my problems have been user error. Ph does drift but I can control that with ph down and Iā€™d be willing to do that. In coco and soil itā€™s truly amazing stuff. Iā€™ve went through 2 9.9 kg bags of the stuff in 2 years. The mag problem went away with adding Epsom to the solution.
I got around the problem of it not de solving by mixing it in hot water before adding it to my autopot rez.
What is that at the bottom of my rez that gets cleaned weekly???

Filter

6 Likes

Do you have any clearer picture of the residue? Is the residue just a brownish film?

We made some updates to some of the chemistry, did you try the very new formula yet? (one released this month)

3 Likes

Itā€™s quite a thick layer of sediment at the bottom of the rez not a film no. It has a sandy texture to it. Since Iā€™m running 2 47 litre rez Iā€™ll allow one to fully drain over the coming days and get a better picture for you to examine.

6 Likes

No Iā€™ve not tried the newer formula. I bought this bag not long after you announced the new v2 release. If you remember I was a little poā€™d as I expected a much bigger saving once you opened your UK distribution centre.

3 Likes

For the V1 formulation, we had run a couple of simple tests to verify some sort of a precipitate was occurring in certain situations. See, Greenleaf Nutrients MEGA CROP Q&A/Support/Pictures/Feedback/Anything thread

I donā€™t think we ever determined what it actually was (organics?) or how to mitigate the problem, would be interesting to know. In that case, it was a brown but fluffy precipitate as opposed to gritty. Some had reported that it could be difficult to clean when used in Ā®DWC type systems, that is all. Doesnā€™t mean we donā€™t love MC, otherwise. :wink:

Side note, there were some test we ran later on that hinted at PH vs solubility as a possibility (brown residue) but those tests were pushing PH way out of normal bounds and not intended to look for this precipitation.

edit: @Howard.Crane reported earlier also as a possibility (whether a biofilm or not),

5 Likes

Ya know rather than being a salty little bitch when a customer gives feedback try figure out why itā€™s happening or give them advice on how to fix said issue. You go from calling the guy out to saying you have changed the chemistry in the new version lol if itā€™s as perfect as you maintain why is every version changed thus far different to v1. Just sayin bruh.

6 Likes

Itā€™s fine bro. Maybe itā€™s a reaction to what my water provider supplies. Usually with nutrients you get either hard or soft water.
My supply is a little on the hard side so maybe itā€™s reacting in some way with one of the megacrop ingredients and causing it to solidify. If this is the case then itā€™s user error and I put my hands up.

4 Likes

It could well be mate but anyone who says anything whether it be negative or just purely an observation of the product is wrong and it canā€™t be right because this because that.

I havenā€™t even used the sample I picked up but plenty of people here use MC and everyone has had some issues somewhere with it as itā€™s different in everyoneā€™s application but rather than owning that fact like I say itā€™s called out to be purely lies like what difference does it make to anybodies life to lie about the product they use everydayā€¦ just find it such a cop out and it pisses me off that he has that approach so I had to say something. Whether itā€™s addressed or not I donā€™t care but it needed to be said.

7 Likes

I understand mate. He called me out and I shut him up but like you said itā€™s hardly a good advertisement for megacrop the way he responded. I dunno. The customer is always right doesnā€™t come into play anymore.
The stuff works amazingly well in soil. Coco Iā€™ve had mag issues that I corrected with Epsom and I still had excellent results. Iā€™ve used it in bubble buckets and still had the same residue and ph issues I have in my autopot rez. PH drift you need to happen anyway so the plant can use each element but the drift I experience means daily ph adjustment that I can usually keep under control. I fully support and recommend megacrop to everyone that asks me for nutrient advice and Iā€™ll continue to do so as the product speaks for itself even if the megacrop representative could be a little more tactful when confronted with negative feedback. Iā€™ll do as I said and in a few days when rez is empty Iā€™ll get a better picture of said residue and post it in this thread :v:

6 Likes

Excellent point it would drift in a large reservoir as plants eat some of the nutes. And hardness/pH will definitely make a difference.

Good product though or we would not even be wasting time here.

2 Likes

You made 3 false claims, which we already explained to you above about 2 hours ago. How do you get ā€œI shut him upā€ from that? Currently we are waiting for better pictures to try to figure out the residue you are getting.

How do we block people on this website? How are people like this tolerated here? Maybe it was a mistake to try to have a community forum here.

3 Likes