Hunting Lucky Dog, Top Dawg, Prolific Coast Seeds, Freeborn Selections, CSI

Hey bro thanks for the read sick looking flowers .

I know u didn’t ask but have gone through same issues as you had mg foliars help. If you want alot less headaches its best to keep the pots even dampness . The soil is drying out too much thus concentrating the nutrients burning leaves locking out.

I know I read its an unattended grow but u could possibly get away with gravity fed blumats . Even if each pot was hooked up to a elevated 5g bucket worse case of a runaway the soil can easily take it without making a mess. And or cover crop them badboys so many benefits compared to say dead cover like straw .

Those mites are harmless they come with the beneficials . If read ingredients it will say hypoasis ,feeder mites, carrier. They just eat decomposing matter in wet environments. They seem to fall put the sky . You will know they are feeder mites if u pinch a wack and smell them it has a minty smell. You may think they are eating plants/roots but they are after the dead material . Say when root zone gets to dry and roots start dying off these guys show up to clean the mess. Or stems start decaying u will see them on the plants. They won’t bother any healthy new growth .

Take it with 2 cents but I’ve been through your exact scenarios before .

4 Likes

I can’t get myself to spray my plants almost ever, i feed 'em epsom salt in the water like every week, that’s Mg as far as i know? it helps!

Blumats are cool! i used 'em sometimes if i leave town for my moms, the best ones in my opinion are the basic, non adjustable ones where the water comes out thru the ceramic instead of the dripper tube, i don’t like the ones with the dripper tubes, i always end up yanking this shit out haha, but yeah i like doing wet/dry cycles i know it’s not the best but that’s the only way i can stay sane, having the perfect moisture is like overwatering to me haha, and i say that because my best plants are never the best looking, luscious picture perfect plant, i like stressing the plants a little on the watering, that’s my bro science, i do like cover crop too, but i didn’t let it grow this time, chopping it as it grows, because the under the skirt air circulation kinda sucks

Mint? must be nice! they smell like sour milk or something foul, they move slow and the populations explode quick, they climb on plants, they target weak plants, you can tell when a plant has 'em, they are not harmless at least not in the quantities that i get over here, but yeah they are bulb mites almost for sure, they are like this but billions of 'em

arbico hooked me up with some stuff that worked, it’s called Venerate

Thanks for taking interest and helping, hellz yeah

9 Likes

my plants right now day 23f

_MG_2080

25 Likes

Hell yeah! Nice looking run man!!!

That 3rd plant with the purple is beautiful!! :star_struck:

4 Likes

Does each pot have its own SF-4000? Those ladies doing their damn things :drooling_face:

4 Likes

yeah! but i didn’t line 'em up right, the lights aren’t directly above the pots

Pollination question: when is it time to pollinate? my clones are starting to flower, do i wait till mid-flower?

@HumblePie420 do you have fumé males showing their meat bags yet?

6 Likes

I used to go for week 3 to pollinate, but i feel thats too early alot of the times, and end up with not as many seeds than i could have had if had hit at week 4 or so. May have to run the plants a little longer than usual to finish the seeds but you will get exponentially more than if you only did it at week 3

10 Likes

Not yet bro. I’ll take pictures of their progress tonight so you can see but all 13 are doing great.

4 Likes

Here is my Fumè male at 3 weeks or something like that.

11 Likes

nice alpha male, looks better than the one i have pollen of, youre not saving the pollen right, letting it bust of gurls naturally?

3 Likes

Its gonna drop for a little while, then im gonna collect for a few days before i chop it and collect the remaining bit in the sacs.

4 Likes

im kicking myself for storing my fumé male pollen all dirty, some thrips in there too, fucking idiot, it caught me off guard and started to bust early, its dead now, i got no excuse haha

5 Likes

I am sure there are many schools of thought about when and how, but given that in a population of wild plants the males would generally start to release pollen before many pistils were even forming, and continuing to make pollen throughout the remainder of the season “anytime” would be appropriate, I tend to like the natural way.

Now given the constraints that you may find yourself in, closet grow and all, it might be in the best interest to move things along as quickly as possible but to get the best yield of seed which as DefnSmokn said Day 14-21 is a great time to pollinate, this should give enough time for hundreds of seeds depending on plant size and on how many sites successfully pollinated.

Dude just try your luck, you never freaking know!

4 Likes

i did 12/12 from clone, so the plants are staying pretty small (smaller than i hopped) and there’s not many pistils on 'em, imma at least wait till the stretch is over, it looks like i’m in week 1 of flower right now, thanks for the advice!

3 Likes

Here are my Fume

!Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 10.44.33 AM|376x500

If the timing works out, I’ll hook you up with pollen or clones or both. I’m going to be potting them into larger containers this weekend.

12 Likes

9 Likes

nice! i see a lot more people than i would think keep males and make seeds, i thought killing the males was like “duh” unless you’re a savant

Don’t stress on the timing bro just grow your plants, if i’m in a pinch i’ll definetly get some nut from your males, but yeah, it would be way nicer to use multiple fumé males of those plants :grin:

8 Likes

With me breeding geckos breeding plants is the next logical step for me got the og bug bad after seeing everyone else do it :sweat_smile: excited do some pollen chucking thinking my first attempt is going to be lucky charms f2 crossed to white light hp when it releases thinking I’ll also make some f3s of the lucky charms too :blush:

9 Likes

that’s the most arizona thing ever, haha. so what’s lucky charms? a clone you got?

5 Likes

For sure is :joy:

I got some f2s from misterbee in a giveaway he did awhile back going to be soaking them tonight or tomorrow :crossed_fingers: it works out I think the white x Appalachia is going to be magically delicious :rofl:

8 Likes