Hunting Lucky Dog, Top Dawg, Prolific Coast Seeds, Freeborn Selections, CSI

hahahshahahaha … got it :joy:

3 Likes

q

Day 41 everything is looking pretty ripe, maybe I have my days written down wrong, the lime 1 Jaro reeks like dog shit and wintergreen

32 Likes

Killing it broski​:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

What a beautiful run killing it! just hit day 14 on the old souls should really start to stack here soon the smells on them already are :drooling_face: cant wait to see them in a few weeks time thank you again for sharing her with me :innocent:

3 Likes

Damn dude. Bravo!

2 Likes

I can smell em from here, almost to the finish line :blush:

Every time I see your lights I keep cursing myself for going cheap on LEDs. It appears that the Samsung LM301H diodes really pack on the density alot quicker compared to other diodes (not a surprise if you happened to of researched diodes before your purchases) more often than not when I see people using an HLG or Spider Farmer quantum board the results are BIG healthy plants.

4 Likes

Huh! I though I was being cheap with those lights, they sure as shit do feel cheap but they grow the plants no doubt! I think they were 450 each?

5 Likes

Everything is looking amazing! The lights are definitely cost effective at the very least (I have a SF-4000 and SF-2000), do you hang them 12-14" above the canopy for flower like they recommend in the manual or do you keep them higher?

4 Likes

I have a fair share of quantum boards (+20) and none of them feel cheap? I mean its a slab of aluminum with lights screwed onto it, maybe I just like the feel of a solid hunk :relieved:

Those diodes you have are considered the “best” in the horticulture world. If you were to look at cheaper quantum boards with similar components to your Spider Farmer you will find they probably have inferior hardware to cut costs, whether it be the diodes, driver, heatsinks, etc…

With that said, I am still pulling around 1.5 - 1.8 grams per watt with Samsung LM281B+ diodes. Always looking for lights on sale, just recently got 300 watts with 700 diodes for just under $80 :slight_smile:

While I cant speak for supershitfuck, I tend to take PAR readings and see where the PPFD is instead of a general hanging height from the manufacturer. For flower I stick with 1000-1200 PPFD which I would assume is @ 12 - 14" in the middle of your board, rapidly declining as you move away from the middle, this goes for both of your light models.

5 Likes

the light is good and grows plants, but the build is cheap like the plastic on the control boxes melted a little, the whole light is curved from hanging overtime, i guess it really bothers me but it does not matter at all haha, it grows plants real good!

damn that’s good numbers from what i know, i never did the math on my harvests but it’s way abundant, $80 grow light hell yeah i would be all over used shit if i had a car to go pick it up! paying full price for new stuff makes up for now having to buy a car

probably around that or a little higher to cover more lowers, my canopy is wack this time and my plants are bushes but it’s way easier to water with smaller plants

7 Likes

I feel like it’s made a HUGE difference having a PAR meter when growing with LEDs. I regret not getting one sooner.

3 Likes

is there one you recommend? what PAR are you trying to hit and is it similar with most plants? different light intensity with different light schedules?

2 Likes

If you have a decent phone, you can just download a PPFD Meter app, or if you were keen you could buy an Apogee PAR meter

4 Likes

I got the apogee mq-610, keeping things in the mother tent it’s all around 200-500, I move up somewhat for reasons but once I’m aggressively vegging it’s 600-800(more like 700) once In flower 800-1050. I grow with no co2 added. Once you’re doing that then the numbers can go higher. Just like feeding, each strain can be different like some fox tail easier around 1000, some don’t. Or some just don’t want that much necessarily just kind of feel it out and learn. I’m still learning about all this but I slowly move the numbers up, and feel it out. I really think it’s made such a difference, worth every penny.

4 Likes

I heard about the apps I wasn’t sure how accurate that could be on the phone but I don’t know enough about the stuff just went with what seemed to be top quality and recommended by other growers

2 Likes

I feel like I’ve seen some strains thrive just over 1000 and some stress a little. But at that point when you move the light up, the intensity In the center drops but it slightly spreads the intensity to the outer parts. Cocoforcannabis is a website that shows par meter reading charts for A LOT of lights. They show what the number are around 12” away 18” away and another distance usually. That website helped me understand the numbers a little bit before I got the meter

4 Likes

I compared a newer flagship smartphone using the app 'PPFD Meter 'from the google playstore against an Apogee MQ-200X and they were within 100-200 PPFD of eachother. The sensor on my phone had to be calibrated down just a tiny bit, which is possible to do in the app. The app even gives you DLI, its very useful.

6 Likes

Wow that’s impressive free app? 500$ meter compared to an app downloaded to the phone that’s really good

2 Likes

lm301b should be pretty much the same as the h version, and cheaper. the h is just a variation with a humidity protection as far as I remember. Ive seen many grows with low cost Chinese lm301b hat are just amazing. (like meiju and pretty much any brand. Even HLG turned out they were just rebranding Chinese stuff).

@supershitfuck, ive been going thru the thread, apologies if i missed this, but I only saw a brief discussion regarding your wife liking the Sour Diesel, but you not so much. did you ever expand on that?

Really nice grow btw.

6 Likes

One of the horticultural points of the LM301H is related to the “sulfur resistant coating” layer. The use of anti-sulfur ingredients as a coating method for LEDs ensures that they perform best when used in cultivation. This is because in LED lead frames, sulfur eventually penetrates the structure and destroys the silver coating. During this process, the LED often loses its ability to emit light, causing a malfunction. However, as promised in the LM301H, you can avoid this result by using a layer of “sulfur resistant coating”.

The LM301B is a popular low power, high gain monolithic operational amplifier. The LM301H is a high voltage monolithic operational amplifier that offers improved performance over the LM301B for applications requiring operation from supply voltages of up to ±22 V.

The primary advantage of the LM301H is its higher slew rate and bandwidth. For most applications, the LM301B will be a better choice because of its lower price and lower power consumption. However, for some high-speed or high voltage applications, the LM301H may be a better choice.

10 Likes