In search of a keeper Durban from different parts of the country

Thanks brother. They say 3 to 4 months. Fingers crossed. Would have been more if I had surgery.

I may need to get the 2 foot extension for the Gorilla with these ladies.

3 Likes

I put mine on for mine to get bigger! :rofl:

2 Likes

lol…that is funny.

1 Like

Sometimes us guys should just go ahead and read the owners manual, especially when it’s a light controller.

2 Likes

Lol…huh???

2 Likes

It’s how the plants ended up so small. When we set up the new light in the new 5x5, we ended up only giving them 14 hours of light. Apparently the controller got us.

We took it down to 12 hours after we realized what was up. Some of the sativas are starting more slowly than others. The indicas in the tent are getting close to being done.

We fully planned to grow them larger.

2 Likes

I understand now. Mine are big because it took a while to get them into flower.

Yours are 6 weeks into flower, mine are 3 days. Add that much time to your veg, they would be a lot bigger. Probably bigger then mine.

2 Likes

Anise smells like black licorice. To me anyway.

2 Likes

It sure does

2 Likes

Looking good. Sure looks like topping is the way to go with both strains. I love the bushy structured plants.

2 Likes

Update. Wow. I’ve never seen anything to this extent personally. Durban x kullu 4

Since it couldn’t figure out which sex it was, it was burned at the stake, minus the stake.
DK 5 still looking ok.

Dxk3

Dxk 7 looks like it’s leaning toward the Durbans. The bud development is quicker than the rest of the kullu cross.

The triple durbans are all starting to fill in.
Triple durban 5

Triple durban 4

Triple Durban 3

14 Likes

That sucks you had a hermaphrodite in there. I hope you caught it in time. I had no hermaphrodites on the Kulu females, but the one male I had started making female parts so I didn’t use it. Did this one start out as female? And switch to male?

3 Likes

My K x D #3 I cut down. It started to look strange like it was having both. Especially after Badger had his issues.

K x D #3

4 Likes

It did start as a female. I noticed pollen on the leaf first while I was surveying the tent. I know a couple paralyzer buds got coated. I misted the best I could with a spray bottle.

It was a great lesson for my grow buddy. I bet he watches a bit closer from now on.

It happens. I understand some of the more landrace genetics as well as old inbred stuff has this potential. It is what it is.

@Old-Ron getting thos seeds last time made ya jumpy huh? :rofl:

2 Likes

Hell yes it did @Badger. Especially since I am gone all week.

1 Like

it is a survival thing :slight_smile: but back in a day seed production was money so self pollination was

the saved bean of choice

with beans you could plant more crops

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

3 Likes

Yeah it happens. Too bad though. Thing is, these were pre worked to get rid of hermies. Must have been a bunch in the kullu line the first generation. I think Kullu was f3 when i got it.
@Old-Ron…yup. that one was suspicious looking. Better safe than sorry. I hope thats it for hermies.

2 Likes

Well, I suppose this is a good report for the person that worked them.

1 Like

No Doubt. He didn’t say he was finished with them, only that he had been roguing out hermaphrodite and other undesirable phenotypes. The odd thing with Kulu, is that the males can switch too. So not only do you have to watch females, you have to watch males too, if you are interested in making good seed. I’ve only heard of this in one other landrace. Lolab Valley

1 Like

I hope the potency of the Kulu Durban makes it worth it.

1 Like