In search of a keeper Durban from different parts of the country

Looking great! A one gallon pot! Tell your friend, great job! These have the Kullu branching, but Durbans upright stucture. Looks like a bouquet of flowers will be forming soon. What smells does your friend notice?

7 Likes

I tell him great job for not killing every time I see him @Upstate…lol.

Thanks. As for smells I couldn’t tell you. Wish I had the nose some of the people on here have. All he tells me is they smell good…lol.

I will take more pictures when I make my weekly maintenance visit.

5 Likes

Me too sir. If my smell would come back to where it was, it would be great.

2 Likes

Back home for a few days and wanted to give a quick update while I can.

All the plants are in day 25 after the flip. The pictures were taken right before lights out. They will be fed tonight.

TD #1 is 39 inches tall

TD #2 is 38 inches tall.

TD #3 is the tallest of the grow at 54 inches.

TD#4 is at a friends house for me. It is flowering in a one gallon pot. A picture of it was posted last week.

TD#5 is the shortest of the grow at 24 inches. It was topped several weeks ago.

12 Likes

Looks like you’re in for another Twin Towers plant like instig8tor had with that triple Durban he grew

3 Likes

Not totally a bad thing, if you have the room for it.

2 Likes

Definitely not a bad thing. I’m hoping to get one of those myself. Two weeks out from Harvest it looked like a Vanilla sofy serve ice cream cone. How much more room do you have for vertical growth?

2 Likes

Less then 9 inches. It’s going to be close. If it gets too close, I will move it to the 5 x 5 where I have more height.

Just have to put it in dark for a while, since they are on opposite cycles.

2 Likes

Here is a bit of an update. We kicked all the indicas out of the tent. This is still only a temporary home. They will go into the 4x4 when we can switch it over. There was some clone vegging going on in there.

Please note : leaf picking did happen, after the pics. I’ll get the order of things figured out eventually. :grin:

Td 5

Td 4

Td 3

Dxk 5

Dxk 3

Dxk 7

12 Likes

Looks good but what’s up with that section of stem on Dxk 5?

badger

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Heater next to the passive vent that the plant was just inside of. Poor lady :joy:

6 Likes

Looking good in there. Looks like some buds are starting to stack up for you. Seeing some resin forming yet? Any of them catching your eye?

4 Likes

I like the thickness of the buds on 7, I’m sure it’s leaning Durban, obviously. The other 2 kullu learners are extremely intriguing to me though. I’m sure that is where the crazy buzz may come in.

Triple durban 3 may be the producer of the bunch.

I’m not sure about trichs on the kullus. I think the Durbans all have some. Sadly I was in too big of a hurry last time I was there to observe too closely, sadly enough.

4 Likes

Kullu puts on the resin late. It should come on nicely in another couple weeks. That Durban leaning pheno definitely will be the heaviest and fastest yielder of the Kullu Durban. Looks like the other buds will get nice too, they just stack up later in the flowering cycle. All those triple Durban are looking nice. I’m having a very tough time deciding what to grow this summer. There’s about 20 varieties I’d really like to get into LOL. Three of them are Durbans. Two from Lefthand.

5 Likes

I’m watching closely, I’d like to have that black licorice again.
You getting any grapey smells out of it by chance?

4 Likes

I’ll be on the hunt this summer. Good chance I’ll try two or three different Durbans. Two from left hand, and the landrace team version. I Still can’t find Classics Durban, and now I hear he passed away. I did see that @Guitarzan has SSSC Durban F4 or5 too…

4 Likes

these are nugs from the 50% Durban that popped up on its own. Flowered about 12 weeks. Awesome speedy buzz. Citrus, cat pee and licorice smells.

9 Likes

I’ll give it a closer look over next time I’m there buddy, just for you.

3 Likes

I think that’s what AK has

1 Like

It’s interesting what Rastafarout was saying about believing there is some Malawi genetics in Durban Poison. That Ace seeds purple Malawi
Had some licorice smells, along with rotten fruit. I have also smelled licorice in Khalifa genetics Beldia, and Angus says that his Sudan landrace has anise smells. To me it seems like a pattern of movement for the same original landrace. Making its way down the Nile River Valley into Malawi and then down to South Africa in the 40s with the gold miners. I’ll be testing that theory out over the next couple years. If you liked Durban alot, you would probably like purple Malawi. Flowering time is 10 or 11 weeks, and I’d be happy to send you some seeds. Same goes for anyone else reading this. I read that Malawi seeds are only good for 3 years, and these have not been stored in a refrigerator. They are from the 2019 Harvest.

7 Likes