In search of a keeper Durban from different parts of the country

Some mad scientist, avante gaurd shit there man !

3 Likes

My eyes caught that one as well. Can’t wait to see what it becomes!

3 Likes

Interesting. It makes sense. Because there is a Taproot I suppose? Deeper roots?

3 Likes

My only thought was that it could possibly have something to do with longevity?

It is true that with all the clone only cuts around, maybe it serves a specific purpose. I know that there was alot of talk about genetic drift on the old OG, that I don’t hear anymore. Maybe that is old information that has been proven incorrect. Maybe we have learned it’s the diseases that make cuts get old. I also remember reading that due to genetic aging, yields and vitality will go downhill no matter what. Disease as well?

4 Likes

I grow out the plant and keep the clones. I have a mother now that was a clone. The original mother got a bad case of spider mites.

I have not seen a reduction in the clones taken from her.

5 Likes

I keep the clone, the seed plant usually ends up being too big to keep in a tight space, clones can be made into bonsais more readily.

4 Likes

Homemade EM1 labs for the win!! :raised_hands:t2: :basketball: just saw a durbon poison clone the other day for the first time in a while. Thoughts definitely ran through my head like “Durban Frosting”??

4 Likes

Had very good luck with triple Durban clones, #1 was an exact 2/3 size copy form and kola wise As the twin tower female with only a single top. You will notice the symmetry of these plants as they start branching, and then again as the sword shaped Donkey Dicks close up nodes. The buds will form a soft serve ice cream swirl as they ascend to the top really hard to see in pics but you will see it in the almost identical twin kolas that form…
:metal::sunglasses:

10 Likes

You make it sound wonderful bro. I’m definitely looking forward to some old school type smoke.

7 Likes

Your Descriptions are like an art form lol.

4 Likes

I would grow it!

2 Likes

Chopped a neighbors 6 year old Exodus Cheese UK mother that a friend gave him to finish outdoors. Took 5 cuts a bit later than I would like, have one In flower with a month to go and one crooked stalk ,
Mutant with a small bud still on it . Think I’ll make it a bonzai mother as I liked the outdoor smoke, closest thing to SKUNK I’ve run into and it took the Brits to save it. I’m hoping a nice well cared for plant indoors should show off its terps and form better than an old 7’x7’ mother with storm damage.

10 Likes

I got some skunk seeds today, and I am stoked. I hope you find some stinky terps from her for sure. I know you can bring the best out of her.

5 Likes

Priceless😅. Anyone for Donkey Dick swirl ice cream?

6 Likes

Everyone is doing well and with most having pretty consistent growth so far. They are under a 600 watt blurple on the seedling shelve. The shelf is in the open so the ambient temperature runs around 68 during the day, but gets in the 50’s during the evening. None have been watered since being replanted and watered then.

Triple Durban (TD) #1 was the tallest before being replanted, and despite being planted to the same height as some of the others, it is back to being the tallest at 2.5 inches growing a 1/2 inch in 4 days.

TD#2 grew a 1/4 inch to 2.25

TD #3 grew a 1/4 inch to 2.25

TD #4 grew a 1/2 inch to 1.5 inches

TD #5 grew the most of all the plants gaining 3/4 inch to 1.25 inches. Number 5 is the youngest of all the plants.

Kullu x Durban (K x D) were consistent in growth too. Very little variance in them. 1/4 inch difference is all

K x D #1 grew 1/2 inch making it the tallest plant at 2 inches.

K x D #2 grew a 1/4 inch to 1.75 inches.

K x D #3 grew a 1/4 inch to 1.75 inches.

K x D #4 grew a 1/4 inch to 1.75 inches staying consistent with 2 and 3.

K x D #5 grew a 1/2 inch to 1.5 inches.

K x D #6 grew a 1/2 inch to 1.5 inches.

13 Likes

I took some pictures today after re rigging my tent.
The triple durbans ranged from 1.5 inches to 2 1/8 inches.

The Durban x kullu range from 1.75-2.25 inches.

Triple Durbans

Durban x Kullu

15 Likes

You definitely got some Cannabiogen leaning phenos in there. The thin pointy 3 finger leaves make a well defined X. It seems slightly dominant in the cross.

11 Likes

They look great brother.

6 Likes

Just found a few nice prospects on some stinky RKS type terps from gifting a few strains back and forth with a few locals and a runt I tested from an unexpected strain. After first of the year I’m going on a Skunk Hunt! If anyone wants to join along. Also want to crack a bunch of the 70’s remix sees from @Pawsfodocaws and find that AK that stunk like fresh tanned leather , (mellowed at 1 month cure but a very STRONG terp) could it be in there? Would have been a commercial strain at the time that would have finished outdoors in Washington State whatever old jewels may be in there ( I’ll take cuts this time for sure).

13 Likes

I like to see those beans being worked!

5 Likes