Incoherent gibberish & Goji F2s. Also Bodhi adventures & pollen chucks

When Bodhi sent that tester list out a few years back, he didn’t mention that it was any specific Golden Triangle cut; it just said “Golden Triangle x ‘88G13HP.” But holy-fucking-shit, those pics of tman4242’s GT plants are mighty impressive…

I think it was almost exactly three years ago that the seeds from that tester list got sent out, but those Golden HP seeds weren’t released until what? Like last 4/20? Or was it earlier? Time is a flat circle, it’s hard to remember, but it did seem like there was a decent amount of time, at least two years, between when the testers were sent out and when the seeds were finally released. So maybe? Maybe he switched it up used that tman cut instead of the GT he used in the initial tester round.

syzygy’s nugs look a lot like mine did, but having only grown the one female, I dunno.

8 Likes

It’s happened to me too with SunRa which failed a reveg. 3 packs later and I haven’t found the pheno again. Luckily the other phenos were quite good too, just not as desirable physical traits haha.

That second picture looks so amazing. I think if I found a pheno like that I would have started reveg on it by day 45-50 haha.

I’m not opposed to making F2s of active lines to sort through but would probably do it with a different cross like Devil’s HP or SunRa if I were to go that route. I don’t have any concrete immediate plans for making seeds so having an unstable plant isn’t the end of the world I guess.

To me the main takeaway from this is just the abundance of quality plants that you can find with Bodhi’s gear. Helps promote a more care-free attitude as opposed to worrying about finding say the Sun Ra “keeper” pheno again.

Ya ever since @nube 's post about each GHP leaning towards a different parent I’ve been thinking the majority of my Black Triangles were heavily 88g13hp dominant. Most of them looked like that GHP pheno. The one that may have been TK leaning failed to reveg (as usual). I forget, did your GHP resemble my unstable pheno or the more HP looking one?

7 Likes

wow, and yes

3 Likes

That one. That’s the second one pictured above, correct? Mine had rounder nugs, like the second one. The first one pictured seems more “pointy,” which mine definitely wasn’t. I think structurally, mine leaned more HP, but flavor-wise (and probably high-wise, too), mine leaned way more to the TK-side.

7 Likes

Yeah the 2nd Golden HP picture, 3rd picture down total. I’m assuming it’s HP dominant at least. Most of the Black Triangle phenos looked and smelled very similar. Looks like it has many characteristics that dispensaries would value, but I like the traits a little more on the first picture which isn’t as dense nor as large. Both look good to me regardless.

8 Likes

Probably last picture dump, feeling like it’s ready enough. Some things could and probably should go longer. May try to get a few shots of Beautiful Day later as I failed to get any quality shots this round.

K4 x SSDD - Almost ready to jar. Very strong smell of rubber and coffee. Smells as close to my favorite SSDD as I’ve encountered yet. Tried to get all the crispy leaves out but a few are still visible and remain.

Here’s another pheno of the K4xSSDD. More colorful but similar smell. Not as strong of a rubber smell or as strong in general. Still appealing.

GHP - HP leaning(?)

GHP - Fav (GT leaning/hybrid?)

SSQ

As mentioned earlier I couldn’t get any good pictures of Beautiful Day, and they are starting to look a bit worse as the nutrient demand is increasing. Pale yellow leaves with necrotic tips starting. Fault lies with me with the low volume of medium, in addition to the failure to topdress mid flower. Flowers still smell good and are a bit more swollen now.

26 Likes

My favorite breakfast!

:cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

looks familiar, cluster funk

15 Likes

Those look sick dude!

3 Likes

Took some close up flower shots this morning of the Goji’s starting to frost up for me. Flowering 9 weeks now.

Stretchy pheno:

Nice Structure pheno:

Purple Stem pheno:

30 Likes

those gogis are looking killer really like the purple stem pheno look what smells you getting off that one? @Greasy

8 Likes

The purple stem pheno has a licorice or anise smell to it. The nice structure one has morphed into a musty berry, and the stretchy pheno is piney. Nice mix of smells between the three.

10 Likes

Nice shots, and it’s cool to see they are holding up to environmental issues out there too so far. If I had to guess the first stretchy pheno sounds like it resembles the majority of the F2s that I tested in terms of bud structure and smell. Looks the most similar to the mom as well of the 3. I like the look of that last picture as well on that purple pheno, interested to hear how that turns out.

9 Likes

Had the purple stem razz leaner years back.my fav out of the gojis . Terminator plant

7 Likes

Wanted to update, and will do a followup with new pictures when I have more time. The one unusual looking Beautiful Day lost a ton of odor and transferred to a smell that I remembered from a pure sativa about 15 years ago. Unfortunately that smell that I remember was a botrytis infected bud and sure enough I saw a lot of darkened / golden calyxes. Haven’t seen botrytis since then either. The areas that weren’t effected yet were extremely sticky. The other Beautiful Day has an intense smell still.

16 Likes

fuck! always heartbreaking, i can never handle it emotionally

7 Likes

Haha ya the biggest disappointment though is the lack of feedback for a less-tested variety. I suppose the susceptibility to budrot is semi-useful feedback at least. On the other hand I’m glad to have less to trim as I don’t have much time lately.

12 Likes

Didn’t have a lot of time and it takes me forever to get good pictures. I took 1-2 of each and luckily they were high enough quality to post here. Going to post this in the Bodhi thread probably too later. Everything came out great all things considered and the smells across the board are appealing with the exception of the botrytis infected Beautiful Day.

Beautiful Day - looks unattractive because of the deficient yellow brittle leaves stuck in the flowers, but if grown properly it would be a bit leafy but nice looking. Complex strong smell, primarily of shaving cream. Also a sharp background orange component. Very sticky. Intend to try this again someday and am a big fan of the smell.

Here’s the BD that (possibly) was mildly infected with botrytis. Very frosty and sticky

K4x SSDD - All look and smell good, some better than others. I’m getting the feeling the SSDD dad is fairly dominant but to me that isn’t a negative at all. Amazing dark rubbery smells. The blue-ish pheno looks amazing in person. Flash washes it out and doesn’t look as blue as it does in person. Didn’t take any shots of the pheno with crispy leaves but it looks pretty much the same as the other one. Very impressed with this and will either F2 or OP it if I run it again assuming effects aren’t disappointing.

other

Golden HP - Visually looks good and smells good. The one pheno had a ton of nanners inside of the calyxes located under the lower flowers I discovered. We’ll see if there are any seeds but even with the instability I’d like to try this variety again sometime. The HP pheno has great “bag appeal” and the shot I took doesn’t do it justice really.

Sunshine Queen - Very frosty, delicate flowers with intense rubbery fuel odor. A bit more fuel smelling than the k4xSSDD which has more of the rubbery smells I associate with SSDD. Another very nice SSDD cross, I’m really loving what I’m seeing out of these crosses with the SSDD dad so far personally. Ignore the shattered leaf fragments all over the buds, I was forced to speed trim via breaking leaves off rather than cutting.

It’s going to take me forever to sample these due to the hectic schedule with the dogs.

27 Likes

Nice looking bud there!

5 Likes

Was outside messing around with the camera and wanted to try a few shallow depth of field shots because fall leaves provide some nice colors. Was curious to see if it would produce a better background for bud shots than my go-to of black construction paper or empty white cigar box. For 5-10 minutes of messing around I definitely like the results more.

K4xSSDD - crispy leaves pheno that I haven’t posted a picture of yet. Very nice fragrance to this one and a good amount of trichome coverage as well.

Golden HP

Golden HP (pretty sure)

29 Likes