Incoherent gibberish & Goji F2s. Also Bodhi adventures & pollen chucks

It’s not a crazy amount of bananas just got done scouring for the past few hours found about 10-15 or so they very well might be sterile because I’m not seeing any seed development in the buds I might coast it and scout and give it another 6 days it’s a really nice looking plant super coated too not really sure what to do :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

15 Likes

Wow amazing thread. Loved the Beautiful Day, Granola Funk, & Red Eyed Jedi pics. Great bud blasts.

3 Likes

To me any is way too many haha. Also to my eyes the #2 looked the most Goji of the bunch with your #1 looking the most SSDD at that stage (but not necessarily the floral smells). Great pics man thanks again for testing these out! Guess it’s no surprise that Goji would be dominating if the Bubbashine pheno is recessive @ 10%.

Thanks man, glad to have you here. Will probably be ‘ending’ this thread in the near future as a new project unfolds but hope to have you stay around whatever thread comes of it. I don’t know maybe I’ll just keep this one but the first post is kind of irrelevant now.

6 Likes

Also don’t know if all those pictures are sequential or not but that first picture looks the most ssdd of the 3 to me. Is that the one with intersex issues? 2nd looks more Goji and am unsure on #3. Or maybe they’re diff budshots of the same plant and I’m seeing things haha.

The clusters of calyxes look similar to the SSDD to me but possibly that one has a bit better of a calyx to leaf ratio.

Examples of mom to compare the first picture to.

17 Likes

Those are all gogi daydream 2 the banana thrower I will get some pictures of 1 and 3 tomorrow

7 Likes

Maybe it’s just the angle of the pics or something, that’s wild. To me they still look different even with the knowledge they’re the same haha. The more I look at the first one the more I’m convincing myself it really does look like the mom until I re-look at the 2nd picture… After finding a nanner in one of my Goji F2s and now this I’m definitely glad the male has been retired. Undoubtedly if there was more testing going on we’d be seeing more intersex traits in my opinion. On to the next male…

7 Likes

Thankfully I’m thinking they might be sterile opened up a few buds that had the bananas not seeing any development in seeds if it doesn’t get too unruly and pop tons more nanners might ride it out 5 more days and then chop at 8 weeks the first 2 pictures are more the main budsites the 3rd is more of a lower in the corner

6 Likes

New thread for SSDD related stuff to keep it separate from the Goji male used for pollen chucking in this thread.

11 Likes

Day 90: Chop Day
I ended up pushing it and I’m glad cause she really started to stack towards the end! Smoke report coming soon!!

24 Likes

Love the color on that 4th pic, great job!

9 Likes

Started trim jail got ssdd x gogi og 2(anther thrower)jarred up only found a few anthers grew back but good news while trimming the whole thing and haven’t spotted a seed or even a developing one yet I believe these to be sterile will update if I do find any seeds but also tried a sample bud no cure taste is fantastic already and has a pleasant stone to it will give them about a 3-4 week cure and do up pheno smoke reports but initial testing so far is positive :grin: @syzygy

12 Likes

Cool to hear about the flavor & pleasant buzz! Pleasant is a good choice of word to describe most of the SSDDs that I’ve sampled. Hope the flavor is retained through the cure and am always interested to hear your thoughts post cure.

10 Likes

Trimming up Gogi daydream 1 and this stuff is frosty :snowman_with_snow:

!

18 Likes

Goji Og F2 from the spring box after a 10 day dry and into the jars for curing. They have earthy tootsie roll chocolate smell with a hint of berry. The smoke is potent and has legs! Solid body and she either makes it easy to concentrate on one task or completely zone out. She isn’t overly uplifting but still quite positive. Overall I’m very happy with the results!

27 Likes

They turned out nice for you .

4 Likes

Tested a few buds of all 3 phenos over the past few days and gotta say it’s some killer smoke number 3 will get some pictures of it soon is my favorite smells like hot butter slightly sour with some earth moss and skunk in the the mix still no seeds found in the number 2 anther thrower pretty confident I can say they where sterile anthers(I also was doing close too full blast 600 watts might of been just too much stress with the extra heat etc) still have some of these beans gotta say worth popping detailed reports coming in the next few weeks as I test each pheno😊 @syzygy

13 Likes

That’s a relief to hear that it wasn’t a complete waste of time/ space! So far the only 2 people to test them have reported butter. I may have to try them at some point to compare…

Really appreciate you testing these again & reporting the issues (even if they were caused by light issues it’s still good to know that intersex traits can be triggered by something).

13 Likes

Hey @syzygy, sorry I haven’t been able to hang in your thread. I had one of your Goji plants last summer and enjoyed it. I also got a few seeds made by letting a Lemon Thai pollinate her. I only have one in testing but I’ve been meaning to get up with you. I have an Oaxaca crossed to the same LT and it’s flowering along with the Goji. I’ve been hauling them in and out of the house daily for light dep. They’re probably around halfway or better into flower.

I’m hoping for something fun. I’d really like to take one of the Oaxaca to cross to the Goji, too. Those Cryptic Labs Oaxaca that @Upstate made were really nice and would pair well with a lot of stuff.

I just wanted to stop by and touch base and show a pic of my Lemon Goji (???), lol.

This is the Oaxaca x LT with the Goji x LT behind it and to the left for size comparison.

Thanks again for the Goji seeds! :man_farmer: :pray: :v:

23 Likes

Hey good to hear that you got something usable out of those beans! I’ve never tried LT (but I do have some Lemon Thai genetics from Doc D & Bodhi) but from what I’ve read it sounds very similar to goji. Bet it will pair nicely! You got some nice and compact plants there. hope all goes well, they seem off to a good start!

10 Likes