Incoherent gibberish & Goji F2s. Also Bodhi adventures & pollen chucks

I remember Bodhi saying in his original description of Goji that he ran “a bunch” outdoors after he grew three indoors. Hang on, lemme find it…

Yeah, in that description he says that it “excels” both indoors and outdoors, so…

12 Likes

How has everyones germ rates been on the Goji F2s? Popped 9x beans a week ago and I’ve only had 3 pop up, and one of em looks ready to croak.

No paper towel or soak beforehand, but that hasn’t been an issue with other cultivars

9 Likes

I believe one tester told me 7/8 gojis popped, another said 6/7 in their thread. The germ test that I did came out pretty good for the Goji F2s (90%+), Goji x SSDD was more disappointing. The test was done in paper towel for what it’s worth and popped within 24-48hours. A few more flips can make it over to you if needed!

18 Likes

Nearly perfect germ rates on everything i’ve tried from @syzygy. These are just starting week 4.

Ssdd x goji #9 has the tightest structure from these this round.

Goji Og F2 #5 This one was just easier to get to. She is a little shorter than her 3 or 4 sisters this round. All of these have been easy growers with some more stretchy than others but nobody has been finicky. Pop em if you got em!

25 Likes

Hard to type on mobile but wanted to thank you again for posting experiences! Have you sampled any SSDDxGoji yet ? I like the internodal spacing on that one you pictured!

15 Likes

Thanks man, everything is turning out nicely. I haven’t tried too much yet but it is some smooth potent smoke. I can detect that buttery sunshine daydream at different levels in the majority of them. Not as strong as in my Sunshine Queen keeper but it is that same deliciousness. A couple are more muted with a hint of dark berry ish like smells to them.

Also took down another Sun ra x Goji today and she is sticky with slight berry and some kushy gas mixed in as well. Yum!

31 Likes

Wish I’d kept a cut of Sunshine Queen around. I have more than 1/2 a pack so I will definitely revisit.

“Also took down another Sun ra x Goji today and she is sticky with slight berry and some kushy gas mixed in as well. Yum!”

I’m looking forward to running each of those individually and it’s my plan to cross them as well. Good on you!

12 Likes

Thanks @CrunchBerries, yea Sunshine Queen is definitely one of my favorites. It was awhile before i even shared her. lol When i did, everyone loved it and she’s strong. I want to run the rest of my pack as well to see if i can find a better 3 kings leaner. I had one sour d leaner but she wasn’t as hardy or strong.

Good luck on the sun ra and goji. These were all created by @syzygy, im just giving them a test drive.

10 Likes

Bought my pack of Sunshine Queen when I read your post on RIU.
Post with pictures is here for those interested : bodhi seeds | Page 2990 | Rollitup

Always overwhelmed with too many options and stuff to sort through but this is definitely still on my list of things I’d like to try in the near future. As well as Dragon’s Milk… K4xSSDD… and more SunRa… SunRa x Goji chuck is looking interesting too now after seeing those pictures. Both of you speaking favorably towards Sunshine Queen definitely bumps it up a bit in priority for sure!

Both have such blissful and functional effects that I’m sure you’ll find something great in the offspring! Lots of variation in SunRa phenotypes from what I’ve seen, but the effects are consistently good. (for me at least). To me it’s not the strongest variety that I’ve tried, but devastating potency is something I don’t need anyways.

17 Likes

Shoot! I didn’t even make the connection. Ya I saw these pics in my research and got hyped and popped them. Thanks for the inspiration @bytheKasiz

14 Likes

Hi! I have some Goji OG F2 and im trying to decide how im going to run it. Im thinking in a SOG (i know sog is better for clones but…) all 1gal pots in soilless (as many will fit in a 2 x 2) and I was thinking of vegging for 3 to 4 weeks.

Now, I see you do 12/12 from seed, do you do that only to make pheno hunting faster? do you worry about plant maturity?

sorry to bombard you :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I should have included the asterisk that I start 12/12 often from the time the first true leaves show as the plant typically won’t flower until it’s mature anyways. I consider this 12/12 from seed still and this is how these Goji F2s were flowered. For spacial reasons often times any lower branches are removed as well should they elongate before pistil development begins. With this run the 2 different Gojis had completely different growth habits as well. The 2021 Goji F2s were more compact than the 2017s. The 2017s had much larger internodal spacing and would have been a huge mistake to veg those pre-flower in my situation.

Yes for pheno hunting. I don’t want to deal with a large plant that I may not like or be impressed with, and I also hate trimming. Also because I value superficial traits in addition to desired effects it allows me to ensure at least something positive beyond effect is present whether it be calyx to leaf ratio, smell, how sticky the trichomes feel or anything else like that. This is my personal preference and when there are an abundance of beans you have the luxury of being wasteful. I culled a few (4?) females early on because I didn’t like the nitrogen sensitivity or clawing they were showing.

There are a lot of factors that would go into a decision like this and here a few that contribute to mine

• I vaporize and don’t consume heroic doses all day, so if a plant yields almost nothing it doesn’t bother me at all.
  • I’d rather rely on reveg than venturing into uncomfortable plant counts for a whole host of reasons. This rules out clones / moms before observations.
  • In my view the important (to me) characteristics are as apparent in 12/12 from seed as they are growing out a full sized plant. Plant structure and yield aren’t really a big concern of mine and disease and pest susceptibility in a well ventilated tent don’t ever seem to be a problem.

So I guess the shortened response would be it depends on what’s important to you, with yield and security of mom/clones being probably the most impactful. You could always F3 yours to have an unlimited amount!

19 Likes

For further clarification, typically the seeds would be started in either a rapid rooter or liner containing a soil-less mix. In my experience certain types of mold/grain mites can decimate a seedling before the cotyledon has time to emerge. They also can spread fungal diseases to the plant early on that can sometimes be too much to overcome. For this reason I use rapid rooter or root riot style cubes for high value seeds that cannot be replaced. For things like F2s the really small agricultural liners with a soil-less mix work just fine for me, only the strong survive kind of scenario. These are only slightly larger than a rapid rooter. By the time they are in need of transplant they can go in their final pot and either flip or a week of veg and flip.

If you’re in a living soil-less mix with a volume as little as 1GAL I’d definitely recommend doing a single stem grow with minimal to no veg, which is still kind of pushing it. Even doing this you’ll likely have to water daily and may benefit from a light mid-flower top-dress depending on how your soil is amended. If you’re doing soil-less with soluble feed you may be able to get away with more veg but I’m not qualified to speak on that definitively. Good luck!

14 Likes

That’s one to grow on! Thanks for the information! Happy Friday Duder!

6 Likes

Nice! yeah i guess this is where i was getting at!

Im not, but thank you for the offer! :slight_smile:

Thank you for all the info!

7 Likes

Finally going to be getting around to popping some of the gogi f2s in the next day or so to find a few females for next run will be posting pictures growth etc in here(if that’s ok with you) and my journal as I go thank you again @syzygy so stoked to see what I will find

12 Likes

Absolutely, that would really help out others that have them too. Please feel free to post any negatives you encounter here too or just simple dislikes as well. It won’t offend and I won’t take critique of the F2s personally. All info helps others in my eyes… Also it seems obvious to me since it’s not my line, but Bodhi’s policy w/ respect to F2ing dead lines extends to these… Do whatever you want with these whether it’s making F3, IX , cross etc…

Should also add that @Greasy may be doing a couple of these as well as a lot of other cool projects worth checking out if for whatever reason anyone isn’t following his thread yet @ Greasy's Journal

19 Likes

Thank you for the shout-out @syzygy! I got three confirmed females and will share my first update here soon.

13 Likes

I’m not sure how I’ll manage all of my summer work, but I just dropped some Goji f2. I’ll be doing them outside. I may put some in the ground, and it just depends on how many female I get.

This will be my first shot at a regular Goji, so thanks again @syzygy. I’m very stoked to get to finally grow them. I have a lot of stuff going for outside this year and I’m sure some will get culled as males.

Thanks brother! Mine are in the water and will go into dirt tomorrow. I’m really stoked to finally get some growing. Pics eventually! peace

13 Likes

Here are my plants at 21 days after they popped from the soil. I had 4/4 germination and got them sex tested, and got 3/4 females. Happy little plants so far. Some longer node spacing than the usual indica dominant plants than I tend to grow, so I’ll probably have to do some training on these to keep them in my height requirements for my yard. I started my outdoor garden rather late this year, so they probably won’t get huge, but hopefully get a couple oz’s from each. In closer inspection of their leaves, I’m seeing the first signs of thrips, which are a constant in my yard. I tend to let my plants get established before I start my IPM, but will get their first round tonight.

Group:

Individuals:

I’ll continue to provide updates here as they grow, and it should get more exciting as time goes on!

20 Likes