Indicana Jones Rides Again (Part 1)

Yeah I was in the emergency room getting my hand stitched back together when I got the news. I started crying and the poor doc thought it was something he was doing wrong stitching me up.

2 Likes

In weed news, these plants are still stretching outward. Hoping to see some baby bud clusters forming maybe around Monday or Tuesday.

2 Likes

Here’s another comparison after 4 more days.

Here’s a candid of the whole family

13 Likes

Looking good, some nice healthy bushes you hg ave there.

2 Likes

Thanks man. They for real are eating the fuck out of this crack I feed them. They won’t stop growing. I swear I was just crying about how damn slow these plants are.

I moved some plants around into empty slots clearing the middle row almost all the way down. Now we have air flow baby.

7 Likes

10 Likes

I pack a lot of plants in a 4x4. I also move plants around constantly. If I have shading on a plant, or it seems too packed I don’t worry. They’ll be in a different spot going back in.
Plants look pretty dang good @Indicana_Jones .

5 Likes

I was gonna ask how this system works, when I saw the fabric pots sitting on top of the buckets, haha.
So it’s an ebb flow setup, but not one where it pumps up from underneath a tray or containers, right? It uses float valves, and multiple pumps? Isn’t this similar to another system that was popular, maybe from hydrofarm.

I ask because I’ve been thinking of doing ebb flow (instead of top feed. the irrigation lines annoy me, among other things), and this type of ebb flow (with controllers, valves and multiple pumps that have to deliver the solution and then also “remove it” and return it back to the res (I assume)) seems just as prone to leaks or issues as rdwc would be.

Am I missing something?

Edit: Is there a proper name for this style of ebb flow (I want to see videos of it working if I can. And maybe read the pros/cons (disaster stories if there are any, haha).

2 Likes

You are absolutely right on how it works. Maybe I’ll make a tik tok of it in action tonight and post a link to it. Once I put the hose clamps at all of the fitting connectors, I haven’t had a leak since. Previously I had stepped on the hoses before and pulled them loose. Yikes :joy:. I’m on the second floor with this thing and don’t give it much worry anymore.

Pump from res to control bucket.
Control bucket with cut off float to plant buckets
Pump from control bucket back into res to drain. It’s pretty simple really.

4 Likes

Paging doctor @Hotrods_and_hounds paging doctor @Hotrods_and_hounds. I need your help brother. What hyper specialized pair of pliers do I need to get one of these hose clamps off?

1 Like

Cutting pliers. Lol.

5 Likes

He is right grab a set of Side cutters and a flat head screw driver, twist the square part then cut it open and replace it with a hose clap.

5 Likes

My man. I was at AutoZone looking at all kinds of $40 specialty pliers. I showed the picture to the guy and he was like “pffff… Are you looking for this?” I was like I dunno what I’m looking for man. You’re the expert. :joy: I need to get a pair of dikes anyway. I shoulda just come here first. But that excursion gave us the opportunity to get a bag of marshmallows and cereal for a new batch of treats.

2 Likes

Lol yeah I have those conversations with them on a regular basis, I went in there and tried to order a tie rod end for the jeep and they looked on the computer for a solid 5 min then asked are you sure you car has one? That was a new one for me, had to Re center and just tell the kid flip the computer around and let me see the keyboard.

3 Likes

Posted this in the wrong thread somehow :man_shrugging:

Auto Zone is weird like that. Always an upsell, is what’s happening.

I rebuilt a band saw last summer and I couldn’t find the replacement drive belt anywhere. I brought the old belt to AutoZone, dude was like “yeah we have that” walked to the back and not even 3min passed he came back with the right belt. I was amazed!

2 Likes

Might interest you: DIY RDWC Design Question - #37 by Nitt

Take that back cover off of your pump(s). Also, take everything else off that doesn’t need to be there (eg: the rubber suction feet).

-That stuff in the bottom could be hydroton dust, or even your gypsum (stained/discolored) residue.

Probably hurt temps. The air pump generates heat, and the air it’s pumping into the water is as hot as the source (room it is in).

-If you have co2 supplementation, pumping that high co2 air into the water will affect the pH.

Some of this might’ve been mentioned. But I just speed read through and wanted to… share a couple thoughts.

If you’re still having any mold issues, or just want to give the room a “disinfecting”, maybe try an ozone generator. For a liquid “disinfecting” solution, you could try hypochlorous acid (HOCl). Pre-bought, or “made” with a generator. (I think I might’ve already seen you in some threads discussing HOCl).

1 Like

Hahaha. Sounds like the kids running the show at Sherwin Williams. I hate to go in there with a legitimate product question. Every time these kids ask me “did you prime it first?” I’m like “hey! Go grab me the nearest adult.”

2 Likes

I was and still am at a complete loss as to what that trash was. I was really reaching thinking that maybe they were the husks of dead gnats that got washed to the bottom of the buckets. I hadn’t seen it before and I haven’t seen it since.

@Hotrods_and_hounds this is some bullshit homie.

I’m ready to go grab my other set of tools to really fix this piece of shit

0160223_arsenal-sas-m-7-underfolder-black-cerakote-ak47-limited-edition_600

4 Likes

A Browning fan myself.

2 Likes