Indicana Jones Rides Again (Part 1)

No rounds today lol. I just got the 2 for $3 sausage biscuits with some pocket change I had. Pretty good but the biscuits had been under the heat a little longer than they should’ve been

3 Likes

They don’t play with my food. They know I’ll come back there and make it myself :joy:

3 Likes

When I put in sod in 2002, I put 1/4" Galvanized hardware cloth down. It was 15 years before there was action inside the border. That was worth it.

3 Likes

@crownpoodle whats galvanized hardware cloth?

2 Likes

Like rabbit cages are made of. Comes in different gauges. Heavier than chicken wire.

3 Likes

Here’s a side by side. Chicken wire below, hardware cloth on top.

7 Likes

That’s so smart. Just integrating your pest management into the whole damn thing.

2 Likes

That’s the stuff. Really held up better than I expected.

3 Likes

pH up 0.06 over the past 24.

The great mid flower system clean is in full effect. Part 2!

4 Likes

So you over there cleaning? I’m over here just found out my sister was telling me how to cook bacon in the oven, so I’m trying to see if it turns out the same to make blts or if cooking it it beef tallow is better.

4 Likes

Imo oven is better. I cook a lot of shit in beef fat (like fries, searing steak etc). But frying bacon I’d imagine when the bacon fat renders it will just mix with the beef. At least in the oven you can pour off/ strain the bacon fat and it’s really good. I use it for searing/ eggs but a touch is also pretty damn good in bread/ rolls lol. Not to mention they’ll be much more straight. Easier for sandwiches.

3 Likes

I worked as a prep cook in a bacon themed restaurant. We par cooked all the bacon in the oven, and finished it on the flat top. This is the way lol

4 Likes

My wife introduced me to oven bacon a few years ago. At first I was like “what savagery!”

It’s now the only way we do bacon in our house.

This clean up journey is going to be intense. Once I shop vac all of this extra water from the 4 gallon buckets I’ll be detaching them from the control bucket and dragging them into the bath tub for a deep clean. This peroxide really knocked a shit ton of crud lose from the plants and inside the hoses. Crazy.

Err bucket is full of this crud.

3 Likes

Lol one of those monuments where you’re glad it worked but also hate the fact it worked and created a bunch more work.

3 Likes

Oh my God. No bullshit I’m gonna be at this til 4 or 5 in the morning.

1 Like

Here’s some trash residue from dumping the shop vac in the tub.

2 Likes

Damn, how many pots in total you gotta run through?

1 Like

@HomegrownVABudz the oven bacon wasn’t bad but I think I’m Gonna try the pan finish. It didn’t seem to have the crispy type crunch I’m used to.

2 Likes

I find a lower temp for longer works better. Some people even splash or spray a bit or water on it so more of the fat can render out without it browning too quick. I don’t use an oven rack either let it cook in it’s own fat like pan frying it. Doing it part way in oven and finishing in pan is also a good way.

Man I would be hungry right about now if I wasn’t pregnant from some manakish I ate earlier lol 🫃

3 Likes

So lower temp and longer? Did 400f for 20 min. Was more like a crispy ham if that makes sense

3 Likes