Indicana Jones Rides Again (Part 1)

Good Morning over here. You running to the store to get the shock or Amazon coming?

3 Likes

Hah. I haven’t ordered it yet. Everyone was asleep by the time I got done YOYOing the plants up last night. There’s a pool store right around the corner from my nephews house. Might just pop in there when I go to take him home.

2 Likes

Hell yeah, you got the squad again this weekend?

2 Likes

Just the one boy that’s been getting in trouble. I sat down with him yesterday for like 20 minutes and helped guide him to some options for his community service he needs to have done by Friday and my wife helped figure out what he needed to do to get an ID card so he can go get a job. It literally took us maybe 30 minutes for everything and he looked at us with real big eyes and said “Thanks mom and dad.” Like he said it as a joke but also not joking. This little man’s parents can’t be fucked to take 30 minutes to help him with anything. So we told him next weekend we’re gonna come around knocking down doors to get his birth certificate and socsec card and kidnap his mom so we can go to the DMV and get his shit taken care of.

4 Likes

I use coco/perlite at approximately 70/30. I always buy the bagged stuff. Sometimes pre-mixed, sometimes not, depending on my budget and local availability. But I always go with a reputable pre-buffered coco. I’ve had great results with several different brands.

I used to use the compressed blocks and I would rinse and buffer it myself. Then I realized how many hours I could save just spending a few more bucks for the good bagged stuff and I’ve never looked back.

3 Likes

I actually do not use cal/mag anymore. I’m sure this is controversial and may not work for everyone. But I was having lots of issues that I was struggling to figure out. Finally, when I removed cal/mag as an individual ingredient to my mix, my issues disappeared. This is with the Jack’s 321 system.

Again, not making recommendations. Just saying what works for me.

2 Likes

Man, I absolutely love hearing this. Good stuff. :green_heart:

2 Likes

Have you tried without perlite? Some growers I have followed use strait coco. Just trying to up my lurking skills, haa haa.

Couple Scarlet grapes finishing up today.

5 Likes

Is it the magnesium side of things that ended up being the problem? I’ve never used a cal/mag product because I’ve never seen the need for magnesium.

2 Likes

I haven’t, but I know people have good results with it. I should try it in a single pot sometime to see what it does for me. That said, I tend to be a “don’t fix what ain’t broke” sort of fella.

Those scarlet grapes are looking good.

1 Like

I can’t say for sure. But it was a day and night difference once I eliminated cal/mag supplementation.

I remember most of the symptoms being indicative of a defficiency of one or both cal/mag. Especially being so convinced that growing in coco requires extra cal/mag. Having tried various dosages with no improvement, just for shits and googles, I made a res batch and omitted the cal/mag. The improvement was quick and drastic.

3 Likes

Looks like Leslie’s won this round

4 Likes

I ain’t heard no bell yet :bell: :rofl:

1 Like

Hahaha. I’m outta likes. We trying to rock up this power powder or what?

3 Likes

That was my next question, they got any other power powders in stock? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Hah. Gonna get these plants hooked on shock rocks.

4 Likes

They’ll be shaking in their buckets, fiending for it.

3 Likes

I got these burgers, man, they double cheese burgers.

3 Likes

Less is more.

3 Likes

True. I thought I was doing a lot but it really breaks down to a table spoon in 3 gallons and one pint worth of water.

2 Likes