Indicana Jones Rides Again (Part 1)

Bleach is sodium hypoclorite, pool shock is calcium hypoclorite. Some very good growers on Riu were using pool shock with very good results. I would have to check on exact dosage, I know it was very little.

4 Likes

I just looked and I bought it two years ago off Amazon.

1 Like

4 Likes

That’s a crazy tiny amount of dust.

This bags gonna last for ever.

3 Likes

Have you ever ran this setup befor?

2 Likes

No , but I’m in touch with a couple folks that did.

2 Likes

So then does this practice in theory carry over to a res for dripper setup on coco?

3 Likes

And it takes up very little PPM “real estate”.

3 Likes

Yes , the guys I know use it in the res , and 3d printed drip rings. Feeding several times a day in flower.

3 Likes

I don’t use drippers, per se, but I grow in coco with an auto watering system with great results.

At the risk of being too self-promotey, :laughing: feel free to check out my plants. I may not be the best grower around but I’m obviously not killing them with pool shock.

3 Likes

@Indicana_Jones this rabbit hole got deep.

1 Like

Yessir. All it took was for me to exhaust all other options. Adding pool shock would have been so much easier than what ever bullshit I did for over 5 hours last night :joy:

2 Likes

Lol yeah so then you order the pool shock and gonna dose it tomorrow?

1 Like

Do you use strait coco? Canna or blocks.

2 Likes

Im about to send my wife the link to Amazon for her to order this shit for me. Right now. Right away. Haha

2 Likes

Yeah and the other thread holy was saying that it leaves behind calcium which is pretty neat. Kinda curious to see how this works. I kinda always thought people were talking shit when hear them say add pool shock or bleach. Seems like it shouldn’t be true. But if this works that’s pretty neat.

2 Likes

Do you also run cal mag in the res?

2 Likes

Yeah I for real thought the other dude I talked to about it was straight up giving me a fuck off answer. I run gypsum for my calcium needs.

4 Likes

It certainly gives “blinker fluid” vibes lmao. Hopefully it’ll shock the system into running perfectly

3 Likes

Dang, lots to read.

I wouldn’t use em-1. Em-1 is lactobascillus. It will speed up decomposition of organic componds in an anerobic environment. While it might “clean” it also grows a mycelium mat. That would eventually clog your tubes.

EM-5 is a Lacto soap made from EM-1. Its base is usually EM-1, High Grain alcohol, vinegar, yucca/castile soap and essential oils. Em-5 is more suited for cleaning but would still need to be run alone I believe. When you make Em-5 it’s fermented until 4.0PH

1 Like