Indicana Jones Rides Again (Part 1)

Yeah me and fish shit are done. Things have been rolling just as shitty without it :joy:

So I bought a 100 ft of 3/4 tube for $75. With my savings I bought 2 new pumps that were also on sale. Bout to lay out my room for maximum growage.

3 Likes

All of my straight, tee, and 90° fittings. The pumps are aqua something or other pumps. I’m gonna give the old pumps a soak in drip clean or what ever because the plan I’m sussing out is gonna require them too.

1 Like

I guess folks are using it to destroy evidence or bodies. Idk

4 Likes

Haha. Orrrr… I’m running a legitimate concrete etching business.

2 Likes

The most legit concrete guy ever

2 Likes

Can get some 30% vinegar at home depot. Would that be strong enough?

1 Like

I have no idea. For real muriatic acid is pretty cheap. I’m really not sure how it would react with plastics. I smell an experiment brewing.

2 Likes

Pool supply stores. They’re everywhere down here and you can get some strong chemicals in those places.

2 Likes

I wonder if they come with a warning not to use with vinyl pool liners. That would bring this picture into focus.

3 Likes

I think so long as it’s HDPE it’s should be okay’ish? I have some soap making lye stored in HDPE bottles. They are dry flakes though.

I wasn’t sure if y’all were serious about buying the acid putting you on a list :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Should be easy to look up. I never messed with any vinyl lined pools myself, so I’m not sure. But, we definitely used muriatic acid at times. I hate pools from having to clean them. I never want one again and my mom is dying for one.

2 Likes

But you’re in the land of the pool boys. For some reason I just picture an over abundance. Pool boys out on the corner with signs that say “will clean pool for booze”

3 Likes

Everyone thinks it’s an easy business to start down here. Just like landscaping. Haha. But, these days you need to pay quite a bit to buy someone’s clients to be successful. Also, I hate it, but the independent small-time pool people and landscapers suck. They don’t show up when they’re supposed to, they look like meth addicts coming over your house, they break stuff and then swear it wasn’t them, and so on. Haha. So, mostly big time companies these days running things. My good friend and surf buddy I grew up with is the exact pool boy stereotype. Haha. Dude is 37, saves his money for surf trips to Nicaragua, runs marathons, decent looking guy. He thought it was going to be so easy and he’d be managing his own crew of cleaners by now. He’s still just cleaning the condo pools along the beach and getting bitched at by the old people living in those places. Married clients with home pools dropped him, because the husband’s don’t want him around their wives when they’re not home. Haha

4 Likes

Can’t we get the pool knomes back in here ? Lol

3 Likes

Ok so I am not normally a junk food person, but the country kid got the best of me and if you guys see these you need these I’m your life. Like a dunkable honey bun!

3 Likes

@Hotrods_and_hounds
I’ve had them. And you’re not wrong. lol

3 Likes

This is literally the biggest spider I’ve ever seen indoor. Any ideas on what it is? I’m gonna let it go out in the garage.

It’s in the bottom of a quart mason jar for reference.

4 Likes

Run of the mill Wolf Spider. They get huge here. We also have Rusty Spider Wasps. I see them dragging Wolf Spiders off into a nook or cranny to lay an egg in them. The larvae feeds on the spider until it hatches.

rusty spider wasp (ufl.edu)

5 Likes

Whoa. That’s gnarly. My wife was freaking out about it yesterday and I thought she was over exaggerating. I went upstairs to let her know I captured the beast and she said no it’s fine. It can live here. Just re-home it in the garage :joy:

3 Likes

Good morning everyone. Have a great day

We have a ton of wolf spiders here

3 Likes