Indicana Jones Rides Again (Part 1)

So happy to hear ! Yaay!!

2 Likes

I got my delivery of drywall yesterday.

Those MFers at Lowe’s are some straight up bums on the forklift

There was another whole stack with all the corners broken straight down like they dropped the stack down on something. Gonna take more pictures and see what’s up on a refund.

2 Likes

Don’t ya love it and, and you would think they would have to know when you jack up the products. Those skid marks are pretty potent.

1 Like

Yeah it’s wild. Especially when 12 foot board is now $24 a sheet! That’s lunacy. I thought that was just Lowe’s being greedy corporate scumbags. So I called my supply house and they confirmed my worst nightmare. $24 a sheet with no price breaks on volume purchases.

I usually go to Lowe’s and pick up those jacked up boards for $5 a piece. They are good enough for patch work.

1 Like

Lowe’s is probably the worst ones. I had a decent run through with them when a hot water heater I put in shot shit after about a year. I paid to have it delivered the first. But hey said they couldnt deliver the replacement till I brought in the old one in. At the time I had a two M3. I literally had to rent a truck form unsullied to take it up there and then the said well we can deliver the replacement but it will take two days. SMH was like yeah when I have a rented truck parked in your drop off area. Sounds smart.

1 Like

Some times Im ready to punch some one in the mouth and I have to remind myself that this is just another person like me making the suggestions that fall in line with their companies script. I’ve done a lot of wildly inappropriate shit to that company. Stupid mega corp and their bullshit.

1 Like

Hey something cool I just noticed everybody. ProForm drywall mud now comes in black buckets with a white graphic painted on them. I don’t know when they started doing this, but this is great news for reuse and hydroponics.

5 Likes

All cleaned out and ready to grow some dank.

3 Likes

Too bad buckets of mud are $21 these days. Jesus Christ. I’m ready to go hunt down new construction job sites and see who got the hook up on trash buckets.

2 Likes

Good news y’all. I went to my local wood working shop to price out the misc tools I need to build my own cabinets.

Only $650. Fuck yeah! That’s less than 1 kitchen cabinet. Fuck you Lowe’s. You’ll rue the day you ever told me my 12x12 kitchen would be $25,000.

You motherfuckers are done in this town.

4 Likes

The NEW kitchen hack that Lowe’s DOESN’T Want you to know about :joy:

That’s awesome man, fuck Lowe’s big time

3 Likes

Oooo so what new tools did ya get?

1 Like

I have all the power tools so it’s all a bunch of jigs and a set of dado blades for the table saw. Thats gonna be the spendy one. Didn’t buy anything yet. Gonna price out material from local lumber yard and see just how cost effective this is really gonna be.

1 Like

We went with an IKEA kitchen, cheaper than the box stores and a way better warranty on their cabinets. 25 years…:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:… been almost a year now with it and no problems with any cabinets. I am going to change the kick panels though with wood but that is pretty easy. Definitely would recommend checking them out @Indicana_Jones

1 Like

Still lol if it happens, buying tools even though I means I have to work for some reason is still new tools! For some reason tools are a spendy habit!

1 Like

If I enjoy this, I’m going to upgrade to a cabinet shop grade table saw with a built in router table. That’s gonna be the super spend lol. I have plans. This house is fixin to be wall to wall cabinets and shelves and shit.

1 Like

Hell yeah, you watch YouTube ?

1 Like

I actually found a company called semihandmade in my internet searches that sells custom doors as an upgrade to IKEA boxes. What ever video I watched about them, they were toting this process of being cheaper than just getting the whole ikea cabinet.

More and more recently.

1 Like

You should look up some guy called samurai carpenter. He built a sick wood shop. Also he’s damn good.

1 Like