Indicana Jones Rides Again (Part 1)

I’m gonna do that right now. I was on a job recently with a cabinet maker. He does some pretty baller ass shit. He knows me as a painter but he didn’t know I am really a trim carpenter. He started looking around the house and was genuinely surprised at how tight everything was. It got me to thinking that if I can do 2 or 3 piece crown with multifaceted crown molding returns, I can build cabinets.

2 Likes

True statements! Pretty much the same thing just different pieces. Could make some sick cabinets!

1 Like

Hahaha. I just priced out material to build my cabinets and I’d be surprised if I spent more than $2000 building all of these cabs. I think we decided to go with just lowers. Lowe’s still wanted over 9 grand for the lowers.

2 Likes

Hell yeah, and add sod t soft close, shit you can start a cabinet business, if Lowe’s can get like 25k do like 4 sets of cabinets a year and live fat!

2 Likes

For real. Only work 8 weeks a year.

3 Likes

I have thumbed through this book a million times and yet haven’t absorbed shit. Woodworking is an amazing craft, truly walking the line between art and functionality, I’m always in awe watching people do this stuff, lol

5 Likes

I’ve got a clean newish set of Dado blades you can borrow if you decide to go that route.

2 Likes

Also did you check out the samurai carpenter guy ?

1 Like

Yeah. I started to watch some videos last night but me and the wifey were competing with TV volume and phone volume. Haha. I saved his channel and gave up for the night.

2 Likes

@Hotrods_and_hounds MY MAN! Misfire on cylinder 2! When replacing coils, is it best practice to replace all of them or is just doing the faulty one fine?

1 Like

@Indicana_Jones man depends on the price, like the m3 I replace when they go out cause they are like 100 a piece. But on my jeep I can get all 6 for like 150. Also if it’s easy to get to I would do the one.

1 Like

What’s up homie? How dem bubbas ?

2 Likes

I think you need @Mithridate over here. He’s the carpenter extraordinaire. I’m sure he could give you lots of very valuable advice! Hope you are doing great brother :facepunch:t2:

3 Likes

@Hotrods_and_hounds the 6 pack is $410 and they have to order it. The single is like $85 but they have it in stock.

@TopShelfTrees1 bro. The bubbas are ready to clone at any time. They have run out of root room in their buckets and the undergrowth is dying hard. I’m for real just trying to carve out a solid few hours to get the cloning done. Between fixing this damn house and work, I’m having a hard time finding it.

3 Likes

Damn bro. Can even take cuts and put them in a ziploc in the fridge until ready or just pop em in a cup of water somewhere with enough but minimal light

1 Like

I’m gonna do it Saturday. Everything else be damned. Like. I’m also trying to figure out how to build my own kitchen cabinets on top of everything else? :joy: I’m the king of overloading my plate and then biting off more than I can chew at the same damn time.

4 Likes

Shit holla at ya boy if you need some extra hands. I usually got a lot of free time lmao

1 Like

Haha. Now you say something bro. I could really use a hand at the dump right now! :joy: :joy:

1 Like

You stealing stuff? I can hop in the car :rofl:

1 Like

Haha worry about the pot for now and the rest wil come in time. I was that way too for years but now I’m learning for sure.

2 Likes