Indoor grow journal, 2020 - passive hydro, first journal ever

I’m not sure if they are particular about it or not. I have only used this kind for both, I would think course would be best though.

3 Likes

Flower day 10

6 Likes

Flower day 12
3x4. 375 watts. Humidty 54-65. Temp 19 - 25. Ph 5.8 - 6, ppm 610, ec 1.2

6 Likes

These 2 are two different cuts of bc pinewarp of plants I have that im just trying to sex. So I just threw them in here jn some water.

2 Likes

Pretty. Everything is looking really good. I was a little nervous there for you. Pests are a nightmare come true. But it looks as tho you have it all on lock. Keep it up man.

I’ve got rid of 99% of them but I have 250 lady bugs coming in about a week so hopefully that finishes them off.

Flower day 14

Things are going along well I believe, started using An big bud today, phasing out dyna foliage pro and increasing strength of dyna bloom, also using home made Bud candy and Calimagic.

On each measurement of my overflow drain I have consistently maintained between 5.7 and 6 ph and with a consistent drop in ec (ppm)

Increased ec to 1.25 I know this is low for some people but I have noticed I bit of yellow tips so I don’t want to push the girls too hard.

Going to have to change my exaust to vent outside my humidity keeps hitting 66 and I’m worried it will go
Higher. Don’t know what else to do. Tent already has a strong negative pressure.

Currently watering between 1-1.5 liters per day.

6 Likes

Should add a note for above 1 - 1.5 litre per plant

2 Likes

Looks good man. Keep treating them right!

2 Likes

Just adding my current feed regime for future notes.

Flower day 18

Measurement made with calibrated blue labs pens

6 gallons starting water bubbled for 24h minimum

Starting water ppm (500 scale) - 70, ph - 8.1
CALiMAGic bring ppm upto 150 - 8 ML
Homemade bud candy - 10 ml/g. - 60 ML
AN Big Bud - 1 ml/L - 23 ML
PPM - 250
Dyna gro - (phasing out) 6 ml
PPM - 350
Dyna bloom - (phasing in) 33.5 ml
PPM - 660
Ec - 1.25
Ph - 6

2 Likes

Thanks for breaking that down for us. :+1:

1 Like

Flower day 18

Hello everyone, the more I write in this journal the more I enjoy it, really feels like a great way to challenge my self as well in future grows. Really wish I had more than 4 plants flowering as well. In my 4*4 I use to do 6 plants and it helped scratch that itch, you know? I just love growing things, anyways enough jibber jabber.

Plants have been chugging along just fine still have aphids but only the odd ones, been able to manage their numbers with my organic spray. But I know I can’t keep spraying going into flower like this, :rose:. I ordered ladybugs and the company ships them out tommorow, I have 250 coming. I figure these will finish off those pesky aphids, even if all 250 only ate a dozen aphids a day which is low, and the aphids are very small do to my spray that keeps killing them. Anyways 250 lady bugs min 12 aphids a day. That’s 3000 aphids in one day. Hopefully that means bye bye aphids.

I changed my ventilation to vent directly outside and now my humidity peaks at 60 which is much better, one less thing to worry about, I also cleaned out my intake fan and adjusted the ventilation to provide a small negative pressure. Prior to this I had a very strong negative pressure and I didnt like how hard it pulled on the tent.

Don’t know if I should increase my nutes any. But my gut tells me their enjoying their 1.2 ec. Wonder if I should drop it back to 1.2 instead of 1.25. I don’t know, does it even matter? Lol. Guess we will find out soon folks!

I’m sure theres lots more to be said but I can’t think of it at the moment, and my joints just about out, some strawberry banana kush from the same mother that’s in my tent right now, but outdoor. Can’t wait to replenish my stock. I love you Strawnanna your so tasty :kissing_heart:

Happy growing everyone
Chronickyle :fire::rose:

5 Likes

Everything looks good. I think they look happy where they are EC wise. Once they start producing i would try tweeking it up a little at a time. Even if it is to see how much that particular strain can take.
I have a hard time trying to get into the back of my 3x2. I can only imagine what 2 extra feet is like. It would definitely be a welcomed experience tho!

1 Like

This message brought to you by pure rage,

Fucking companies!!!

Ordered 250 ladybugs from “The Dragon Lair” in Ottawa Ontario, a couple weeks ago. Stock stated 11 packs of 250 and they took my order, billed me finally on this past Monday, told me I would receive tracking info on the 6th or 7th when it didn’t come I contacted them by email, no response, contact them in Facebook and they get back to me and tell me oh sorry we were about to message you that we don’t have any lady bugs till the first week of February and that they havnt had any in 2 months. I have no idea then why they processed my order, then emailed me to pay which I did then they tell me this after I message them because I never recieved tracking info… Like wtf. Why didnt they tell me when I paid or when they didn’t ship out. So after a long process back and forth they are now going to send me aphidoletes next week supposedly. They should have offered this right away I shouldn’t have had to fight to get this. Them expecting me to wait till February is insane. Especially since they confirmed previous order and assured me it would ship the 6th or 7at latest of January.

I hate companies!!! This is why I believe in true anarchy as I’d much rather provide my self everything than hoping these companies who don’t care will actually keep their word. Or be at least more honest, mistakes happen. But they should be accepting if they made the mistake.

RANT OVER

anyone know anything about aphidoletes???

1 Like

Damn. I feel for you. Last summer I had bought a Infinity Cloudline 4" from Amazon and it didn’t have the controller in the box. My plants were overheating. It was quicker just to buy another cheap fan.

I dont have any experience with aphidoletes. I’ve heard about them off and on. Hope everything works out for you.
Well thanks for sharing the experience you had with that company. They’re just hurting themselves.
I know not to use them. Others will too.

1 Like

The dragon lair has screwed me even harder now. . No lube even. Damn that hurts. They have no emailed me saying the aphidoletes will cost me double the lady bugs and they will only order them if they get 15 pre-orders. Then they will order them, then ship out. I can’t believe they lied to me on Friday saying that as long as shipping times cooperate I will get them this week. I’m going to warn everyone I can about this garbage ass company and post bad reviews everywhere I can. Why couldn’t they have just been honest with me.

I have now called the bug lady, placed an order today and they ship out today!! Hopefully they come through for me! They are even less money than the dragon lair and were great to deal with.

I understand when big companies pull these games on us individuals because they have the power and don’t care which is why I try to avoid them and only give small businesses my business. But sometimes those small businesses don’t care either. At least with a small business I stand a chance of having my voice heard so other like minded people can give business in these tough times to thoose whom deserve it.

Screw you the dragon lair.
Thank you the bug lady.

If your in ontario order from the bug lady.

2 Likes

6 Likes

They should at least give you the aphidoletes for the cost of the lady bugs. I try to give my money to companys that this community recommends. It must be nice to have enough money to not care about your customers. I don’t see why they couldn’t sorce them from another company at least.
Your plants look great though. I understand you want to get ahead of the problem. I dont see any signs of pests atm. Dose that foil tape help with deflecting heat away from your buckets? I was going to try something similar to my DWC buckets. I think I would like to use insulation with foil on it.

Yeah can’t believe the first company, placed my order with the bug lady there in British Columbia and I’m in ontario, they still got it to me within 24 hours!! Awesome couldn’t say enough good about this company.

I feel my plants only look okay because I keep spraying them which I can’t keep doing,

The foil tape I originally placed there when I made the buckets years ago the idea was to keep any possible light out, just in case and it’s just what I had in the garage, figured it would be reflective as well as an added benefit, The water temp in my buckets is usually around 18 degrees, the canopy creates a nice shading to them though as well.

1 Like

5 Likes