InTheWoods Journal

Don’t get lost in the frost homie! :laughing: Looking good!

4 Likes

Day One of 11/13 for the SSDD + Flavor Alley

We had some rough early innings, some players were taken out but we have something to close out the game. :grin:

Waking Dream (Wifi x SSDD) - syzygy
Other one was Male.

Stone Sour F2 @pharmerfil
No sign yet, fingers crossed.

Sun Ra(SFV OG x Wookie OG - syzygy

Kush 4 X SSDD @Kyumonryu

SSDD Bx1 x OGC/CJ (Berry) @VAkish
#2 was male.

SSDD Bx1 x OGC/CJ (Coffee) - VAkish
Nothing yet

Deadzone x OGC/CJ - @VAkish
Confirmed Female

Nothing on these last three.

Punchline Bx1 - @pharmerfil
1 and 3 were male, 2 gives me female vibes. nothing showing yet.

Chem 91 Sk VA x SSDD - syzygy
1,2,4 left to show, #3 was male.

Bubblegum Chem F2 @JAWS
Would be cool to get 3 females. Nothing showing yet.

Triple Sun A x SSDD - @syzygy
Not happy with me but I’ll get them into shape this week.

Female

Looks like Female, not 100%

Unsure still. Hat trick pending for all females.

SSDD BBS F1 - @syzygy
I think one is female. Other 3 I don’t see anything yet.

Not looking happy barely rooted but threw them 1 gallons. I have a couple more LL cuts but probably get something from them. Favorite smoke.

SB x PR/BV C - [Purple Pheno] on her farewell flower tour.

SB x PR/BV A - [Green Pheno] I cleaned up and have cuts rooting. One cut will become the next mother. If she acts like she does in the 3x3, Big smiles ahead.

And now for the closer

Lazy Lightning
Letting the mother spread her wings. Rooted a cut from her to replace to get space some back. It’s gonna be a fun time taming her later on

Hope everyone has a great week! :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

21 Likes

Sure are some purddy plants, excellent work growchacho! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks brotha, I feel a couple are little bit more dialed in then other, Slight tip burn on a couple I pulled back on nutes. Stoked on this second run with them.

@HomegrownVABudz haha thanks brotha! I need to turn up the heat its cold from that frost.

2 Likes

She’s a viny gal huh? Good for cuts though . Definitely good smoke, I think yours is a hybrid of the two by looks. I agree LL is great smoke

3 Likes

@Jpaul Thanks brotha :vulcan_salute:

@TopShelfTrees1 Yea i really didnt take many cuts and just kept her under low lighting and started to bush up. I’m shit out of luck soon when I run out of the last couple grams of her until next harvest. This time I want to get to stock up on, I run thru it like a freight train lol That taste is addicting.

I look forward to some feedback from @herojuana.tom when he harvests her. He grew Loompa Headband a couple years ago and can probably tell me if its leans more toward LH than the 88g13hp. Also I can’t wait to see what she does in his system.

4 Likes

Contango, Dream Drifter, Sour Serenade.

New LL mother. You can see the SB/A Cuts in the oven. Only need one to root.

Time for another pot of coffee :grin:

15 Likes

I just got Loompas headband myself actually I was always a huge fan of the underdawg, that and the fact it was a freebie made ny decision when I popped those as I had no clue what to expect, I grew six, got one Underdawg leaner. She had that buzz that just never stops! Like 4 hours letter you pull out another fatty as you are accustomed to and lo and behold you are still baked af!

3 Likes

To fully understand is it Underdawg but his cut that he called Loompas Headband?
I’ll be looking for her when you flower her out!

Oh yeaa thats my type of smoke. Great for my coffee consumption too haha.

2 Likes

I think there was a bit of contention surrounding headband, which one is the “real” headband, and he renamed his cut to UNDERDAWG OG or something like that. At least that’s what my fuzzy memory recalls.

Plants look :fire: . Hope you get to see some nice mom expressions in the TS x SSDDs. I’m sure you’ll find something special across all those plants in your tent regardless!

3 Likes

I just know that it is among some of the finest herb I have ever run into. It was acquired many many years ago, long before I even knew what OG was and when I got it, I didnt even know it was an OG. I just knew that despite all the naysayers, what I had was super dank. So I developed the attitude that, it doesnt really matter at all what I think where it came from…its the dankest cut I have seen and I left online and started to focus on the LoompaFarms collective and providing exceptional medicine to clubs mostly in the So. Cal are, but we do also have clubs in the Bay Area (loompa)

It’s definitely got some confusion with it , some even say it’s 92 OG , it’s definitely not a TRUE headband by definition. I actually originally sought it as I though it was that 56 day gem so many have raved about but I’ve never seen. But then I found out it was in fact Underdawg which was a cut I knew well by smoking/purchasing but the guy who held it out here wasn’t sharing .

3 Likes

@syzygy Appreciate it brotha, Thanks for the opportunity :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

@TopShelfTrees1 Thanks, I heard of the 56 day and I think bodhi did a cross with it. I guess either way we slice it, LH or Underdawg. It really great smoke.

Is most OG originating out FL before getting around and becoming its own?

2 Likes

I’ve read so many origin stories a lot of it is debated and kind of muddy.

TK is supposed to be out of Florida originally and closely related to OG, but again with people changing names to what’s popular to sell bud even many years ago, I always was under the impression no one really knows for sure.

I know a lot of folks consider the orgnkid ghost OG cut the original or very close to it. I was in So cal in the prop 215 era and there were so many renaming of OG Kush cuts going on. It was really hard to tell what was for sure legit unless you grew it and smoked it.

Again, that’s my experiences though and I’m sure other people will chime in with some good information on this topic! @InTheWoods

3 Likes

Definitely a lot but not nearly all. Cali has a shit ton of epic OG’s coming out of there, we had some great ones too. Florida tends to get the glory on lots because of Miami being that central hub you know. I think by default most just relate it all to FL but ya there’s a few places the OG’s originated. FL is known for triangle, crippy etc.

1 Like

Thanks brotha! Like you said with everyone changing names in the early days, Its muddled. Hopefully some clarity will arise in the future.

That’s what I’m under the impression of as well from everything I’ve researched over the years, I think a lot of OGs could also be results of accidental pollinations or S1s

Some are stretchier some are stockier. Some are more of a lemon pledge thing going on, and some definitely have those piney notes in them, but not like Pine needles and of course, those Kushy , earthy musty dank flavors, all mixed in, just depending which OG you have and prefer.

SFV was a lanky girl, and Tahoe was bushier and more hybrid looking, another trait to look out for is how many blades the leaves have. Legend OG had three blades for a while until I vegged her out for a good bit.

While the Tahoe had up to seven blades, And the SFV was five blades, mostly with a few sevens after a longer veg as well.

3 Likes

Those are the only two I know of that originated out of FL(maybe more but im not aware of). I’ll have to go lurk around and read up more on the other OGs.

1 Like

Tahoe, Skywalker, SFV, Ghost, Legend which other ones am I missing from that eariler 2000s era?

Taking bubba off as it was around pre 2000

Ill add Diablo OG( got some wax from culver city back in the day from the dabkings) BAMF early days.

Definitely shit ton of S1’s I bet there’s a million out there in the weeds. Between one actually made for a reason or random bagseeds I’d bet 1/2 of the stellar cuts came from those methods sad but true. It’s why I still hold bag seeds in such high regard and have really altered my outlook on fem gear in the last couple of years.

1 Like

Larry, Kosher, master , HAOG, HOLY grail, OG 18, pink, purple

2 Likes