InTheWoods Journal

Nice using a curb to get the flip action? The trick I landed yesterday was a no comply front shuv over a fun box.
Was stoked! haha

I dont know who came up with the trick but Ray Barbee was killing the no comply game back in 89’.

Love Rays style.

Thanks brotha!
I just fed all with 7ml of LPF. I’ll just stick with the LPF for feed since I’m out of Tiger bloom. Ill save the cash and run only LPF when it comes time to feed.

7 Likes

No, using one foot to do the 180 (back foot, obviously) and then your front foot to make the board flip by actually “kicking” the underneath. And now I’m sitting here thinking,”Wait, is that how we did it?” haha. But yeah, that’s how we did it. I mean, you could use a curb (or a parking block or whatever), but both feet were involved. It’s actually a pretty easy trick, but it looks cool haha.

2 Likes

Those Afghans demand a lot of nitrogen the first half of flower. Soil over there is loaded with goat or other manure.
Nice red streaks on the Lambsbread. The ones with the purple stalks had bigger flowers and were a little shorter. Looks like you have what was called “Red” Lambsbread. Looking good!

6 Likes

good morning @InTheWoods and OG! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

hope you had a great weekend and will have a great start into the week!:vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Good morning @m0sirys @Upstate @minitiger and OGs :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

I know what you mean I forgot about that way haha.

I didnt even think about the roaming animals and the fertilizing of the land.

They are so tall and bushy already, If I took cuts off them It would probably only take 4 to fill out the 5x5.
Very leathery from the stalk on the streaked lady, super cropped her this morning since she was above the lights. I’m looking forward to seeing how they turn out once they eventually start flowering. Probably another 6-10 weeks out before they set in.

Are both the “Red” or just the full on purple stalked lady?

What are the other known phenos in the LB?

Thanks for the info brotha, Hope you had a great weekend! :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

8 Likes

Day 34 Veg
Very stinky in the 3x3. Nothing showing yet.
They received a lite feeding of Liquid plant food yesterday. 7ml in one gallon mix. Defoliation is needed on most for better air flow. Not sure when I want to flip em but I will after I have rooted cuts from each.

Saltwater Kush @hoss8455
Taller then LCH. Vigorous too. I think the stank is from them :grin:

Lemon Cheese Haze @HolyAngel
Stout plants all around. Slow to veg when compared to the SWK.

Moon Cheese Rocks @m0sirys
Tallest plant in the tent.

Shorter and probably will need to be staked.

20 Likes

Some unintentional pollination on some plants. Nothing to bad but I think is residual pollen that was in the corner of the room that was put back into the air when I was vacuuming. Tallest MH x DE has a couple swollen calyxs too. My guess its h/sk1 from the OP run. Should be some interesting offspring if it is.

Maruf Red F2

Hindu Kush x Maruf Red

Malawi gold - bulky pheno. similar to MH x DE. couple noticeable swollen calyxes with seeds forming.

The tallest Malawi Gold got a nice blast lol.

16 Likes

Should be an interesting cross indeed… @InTheWoods

2 Likes

The SaltWater Kush (TK x GG4 RIL x Sowahh) are basically an F1 hybrid, whereas the Lemon Cheese Haze (SLH x Exodus x C5SensiStar F3) are a NL5Haze BX of sorts so a bit more inbred :wink:

Everything’s looking happy af over there!

This is kinda what I’m thinking on the LCH so far :thinking:

Yellow - Might be the foxtail/haze expression
Green - Looks kinda like the dad
Orange - Catches my eye/interest :thinking:
Got any thoughts @minitiger ?

8 Likes

Thanks brotha, Hope you have a great week! :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

Ok that makes sense. The SWK are already throwing 9bladed fan leaves. I bet I can get to 11 blades before I take cuts. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Appreciate the kind words brotha!

Wild how you know the looks. I’ll try to take better pics on the next update so you can get a better look of each before I top and root cuts.

6 Likes

Good afternoon :sun_with_face: @InTheWoods & the rest of the gang! Have a good day! :ok_hand::facepunch::+1::wink::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Just red and green phenos, differentiated by either red petioles or purple reddish stalk. I’d say both are red phenos. The greens don’t branch as early or as long and keep more compact than the reds.

3 Likes

So many different strains and beautiful sativas. Excellent work brother, this is beautiful to see.

Happy Tuesday morning from down under brother, it’s farking freeeezing here, 8c indoors (I have no windows, just fly-screens) have a great day @InTheWoods all regulars and all OG!

5 Likes

Not really… haha.

Just kidding. It’s hard to tell from the group shot, but the closeup plant looks pretty cool. I don’t pay too much attention during veg, but I could look at the pics I took.

I feel like my Apaches grow really, really compact plants during veg and they never really look like other people’s veg pics. Like that one Cheese Haze that’s in the closeup, none of my plants (not just the Cheese Hazes, but everything I’ve ever grown haha) have ever looked like that when they’re that young, with those fans growing way out like that. And also, when my plants have six nodes or so, they’re still only maybe like five inches tall, no matter the cultivar.

But yeah, I’ll take a look at the veg pics in a bit.

Plants look good, anyway, InTheWoods.

5 Likes

For sure. I’m mainly just looking at leaf morphology. Blade width, blade direction, blade position, connection to the petiole, serration shape, etc. compared to the plants I ran and the parents.

3 Likes

Good morning @Igor @OhNo555 and OGs :coffee: :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

Thanks brotha, Hope you have a great week!

Thanks brotha, I hope to get some sativa smoke thats grabbings like rod a lightning :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I hope your Tuesday warmed up a bit and was a great day. Lately the night have been unseasonably cooler here, Ill take it. The heat and humidity are on the way by the end of the week.

Interesting to hear that. I wonder if its your environment or preferable pot size to veg in. Don’t you veg in the 4in x 4in pot then flower out in larger fabric pots?

Either way the plants you grow look great. The longer fans are most likely from reaching for the light since it a packed tent.

6 Likes

Couple close up shots from yesterday.
Dream Drifter

Malawi Gold ( bulky pheno) @Tejas
Frosty already.

16 Likes

good morning @InTheWoods and all OGś of course! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

have a great day :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Morning OGs :coffee: hope y’all have a chill day

3 Likes

Good morning :sunny: @InTheWoods, @m0sirys, @HomegrownVABudz, & ll the rest of the morning crew! Nice looking :eyes: day again in MD! :ok_hand::facepunch::+1::sunny::sunglasses::wink::peace_symbol:

3 Likes