InTheWoods Journal

I really like the bud structure on the MG.

Although I smoke it I dont smoke it all haha. I leave some to cure for month. I have some buds at 5 months cured, SB PRx BV, LL and couple little over a month. If I had a cannatrol I might be better off but pockets cant swing that purchase.

I only noticed a smoother smoke and a slight change in scents, but not much change in effects. Even on the buds at 3 months+ cured. I would say another problem for me is that I’m smoking 5 or more different buds throughout the day, so it’s hard to say which is doing what. I just love variety of flavors.

Your Mountain Temple #5 caught my eye last run too. I just looked into your earlier 23 grow with Doc Ds SD x DE and also the Pura Vida F2. Those SD x DEs are gorgeous. I bet both were great smoke.

My guess would be the MG x DE would see 12 weeks to finish. I think it would be cool seeing the MG side by side to the MG x DE cross.

If you interested in running the TLT Malawi Gold (14 weeks) and the Metal Haze x Dragon Energy (12-13 weeks based on smoke preference) alongside of them, Let me know brotha and I’ll get them out to you in a couple weeks since I took new cuts for a mother plant earlier this week.

9 Likes

Good morning :sun_with_face: @InTheWoods and all the rest of you guys. We got rain :cloud_with_rain: on the east coast late yesterday and was nice to see. Drinking coffee :coffee: now and watching football :football:! :beach_umbrella::ocean::ok_hand::facepunch::+1::wink::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Good morning everyone! I slept in till 7:30 this morning. Lol My boys are already wide open and wrestling in the living room. :joy:

@InTheWoods Looking great and keeping busy as always. I I finally started popping a few beans a couple of days ago. Hopefully I get a better ratio of females this round.

Hope y’all have a wonderful day and stay safe!

5 Likes

I listened to 2/3 of this today on a long drive, wow what great info. It’s making me want to find the “Outback Haze” that’s mentioned. Well worth bookmarking for a listen if you get time.

3 Likes

It was welcomed here, Took the very heavy humidity out of the air so its not soupy air anymore. Have a great day brotha!

Haha they don’t understand the sleeping in on sunday part yet. Hope you guys are having a great summer!

Ohhh buddy :grin:
What did you end up choosing this round?

I listened a while back but I forgot a lot. I’ll give another listen to refresh my mind. I believe @Connoisseur_Genetics has it in some crosses. I don’t think he offers an Outback Haze 1 or 2 selfed. Also, these listings may be outdated now but reach out to him to see what is still available and also a full look into his super extensive list of offerings. Strap yourself in, its overwhelming haha.

I see Titan Haze in one of his offerings. I wonder if that cut is still floating around still. @LonelyOC have you had any experience with Flying Dutchmen’s Titan Haze AKA Fuma con Diablos? It would be interesting see a side by side of where it went later down the road with selections after leaving Sam.

1 Gun Salute = Outback Haze 2 clone x NH21 x Mullumbimby Madness clone
X Dankincense Male ( NH23 x Kariba x Original Diesel)

3 of Nevil’s best Grail project strains smashed together with some Diesel drizzled on top.
( Diesel won’t be detected apart from flower time as the Haze/Sativa’s dominate this x )
Every toke you take is a Full honours Gun Salute to the Haze master Nevil Schoenmakers himself , for all his Haze work
RIP :pray:
12 weeks

6 ThaiFrican = Outback Haze 2 clone x Nevil Haze 23 x Kariba Male
10-12 weeks

7 African Outback = Outback Haze 1 clone x Nevil Haze 23 x Kariba Male

8 Australian Daywrecker = Outback Haze 2 clone x Chem d Wrecker 1 clone Reversed

9 Nevils Daze wrecker = Outback Haze 1 clone x Chem d Wrecker 1 clone Reversed

3 Outback Haze 1 x NH21 x MML Male

12- 16 weeks

4 Outback Haze 2 x NH21 x MML Male

12-16 weeks

8 Likes

I offer a large selection of Outback Haze hybrids including the 1’s mentioned in previous post.

Also

Outback OG Regular = Outback Haze x OG x Chemdog Male

Australian Candy Feminized = Outback OG x Fuel Zkittles clone Reversed

Australian Chocolate Regular = Outback Haze 1 ( wild pheno) x Chocolope Male

Shire Madness Feminized = Outback Haze 1 clone x NH21 x MML clone Reversed

Australian Outback Feminized = Outback Haze 2 clone x NH21 x MML clone Reversed.

Super Silver Sour Outback Feminized = Outback Haze 1 clone( Neville Schoenmakers) RIP
x SSSDH OJD cut Reversed

Crocodile dun dee Regular = Australian Outback clone ( 2 of Nevil’s best from his Grail project, Outback Haze x NH21 x Mullumbimby Madness)
X Chem d Madness Male

Back to the Frankincense Regular =
Outback Haze 2 clone ( Nevil Schoenmakers) RIP x Dankincense Male
Heavy Pine Haze Terps meet the Heavy Frankincense Haze Terps to bring you some old School Terps/Highs anyone younger than 40 may have never experienced.
Wild this 1 and not for your quick flower gang even though there some earlier 10 weeks phenos
10-14 weeks

Australian OutFunk Feminized = Outback Haze x NH21 x Mullumbimby Madness x Endangered Rhino clone Reversed ( White Rhino x Chem d x Original Diesel)

20% discount on any of these Outback Haze hybrids I offer for all overgrow.com members

9 Likes

Thanks for the heads up brotha. Do you have any pictures of ThaiFrican, African Outback or Outback Haze 1 x NH21 x MML Male grown out? Love to see what how they turned out.

4 Likes

Pssshhhh… Those things are just overpriced wine fridges haha. Save your money.

I’ve definitely noticed changes in effects, either from a “lighter” to heavier smoke or vice versa. More psychoactivity or less etc etc etc. And yeah, obviously changes in smells and flavors, as well.

I’ve read that “Sativas,” longer-flowering stuff, NLD’s really benefit from an extended cure, moreso than shorter-flowering BLD-type stuff.

I haven’t tried that one yet, but I did give some to a buddy of mine who went up to Vegas to see Dead and Company at the Sphere last Thursday. He said it was awesome smoke. I didn’t ask for specifics, just because he was on his way to a show haha, but I trust his judgment. I’ll start getting into that one pretty soon.

The SD x DE was good smoke, but there were absolutely no True Sour Diesel elements going on as far as the flavor was concerned. And that’s all I really care about when it comes to anything SD-related.

Both Pura Vida f2’s smoked a lot heavier than I was hoping. Pretty plants, though. I still have a bunch of seeds of those f2’s and the SD x DE, too. I’m not done with them yet.

One can hope… haha. It doesn’t really matter to me how long they take; the longer the better, really. I wish that Doc had crossed the Malawi Gold to his A5Thai male instead of the DE male, but beggars can’t be choosers haha. I found a great, great plant (from only two females) in his C. Gold x DE seeds, she was definitely a C. Gold leaner, so I don’t think it’ll be difficult to find a Malawi leaner in that hybrid.

What’d I just say on this very thread a couple days ago? No. More. Seeds! Haha. Thanks for the offer, though. I’ll just live vicariously through you haha…

3 Likes

This info is gold, thank you @InTheWoods and @Connoisseur_Genetics ! I’ve copied and pasted it into my seeds file so I don’t lose it and will research further. I only heard about Outback Haze a few hours ago and thought it would be a research quest that would take me months but one mention of it here and you guys come up with all the goods and more info than I could ever have imagined.

Listening to that Karel Shelfhout podcast today a few more bits of the puzzle fell into place. I’d heard of Beatrix’s Choice before but never knew the story behind it or that it’s named after Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands. Coincidentally I drove to Mullumbimby today and before I started growing again I used to pick up an ounce whenever I was near Nimbin, sometimes it looked quite ropey, outdoor brown looking with lots of seeds and big stems. It didn’t look great but it had a lovely effect, I later found out it was likely Mullumbimby Madness. That whole area around Mullumbimby/Byron/Nimbin they call the green triangle.

Another interesting takeaway I got from that podcast was that I’d always thought of sativas as being lower yield and longer flowering time but Karel Shelfhout was saying how if you really do let them go for that longer time and let them finish but don’t factor that into the yield then the buds are as long as your arm and really should be considered a high yield plant.

This is giving me a lot of food for thought. I need to get my housing situation sorted first so that I’m in a place where I’m not bothered every few weeks and having to hide everything and then I can focus on the quality longer flowering strains with the nice head effects rather than the quick and easy.

4 Likes

Never grown or seen buds of it. But this image of it looks insane.

Pz :v:t2:

7 Likes

Heh, those would be my picks too after growing out the Swiss Thai nevil 2 x nh21 x mm ^^

2 Likes

A few years ago I read that “Mullumbimby Madness” or just “The Madness” had kind of become a catch-all for any good weed in Australia, the same way people use the word “Kush” to refer to any good weed here in the states (which drives me fucking nuts, BTW haha). I can’t remember now if it was another member from Australia here on OG who mentioned that or if it was in an article I read or something.

Even if they don’t yield exceptionally, the high typically makes up for any shortcomings in that department. Not always, but usually…

2 Likes

Tejas mentioned this the other day. Also, the joint of MG #2 was very pleasant. No tapping out haha. I will really test her limits side by side. The MG #1 is basically ready on Day 95F

Lower small tower

I will pack it away for spring of next year. A 6 month cure seems like a good amount of time for it mingle/shapeshift into something else when it was jarred up. :grin:

Nice! I see the clips posted on YT of Sphere. Pretty wild venue. I can only imagine the editing/mixing process for the lightning guys, putting the backgrounds together for the show. It’s basically half the show in that venue if you think about it. Pressure is on them too beside the band’s performance.

Dang, well at least you have a bunch more to look thru. I bet you have a bunch of other seeds you want to get popped first before circling back.

That sounds like nice pairing although I have no reference point of A5Thai. Ill google it. Maybe someday down the road it could get made, unless both parents are gone.

But these are cuts, not seeds :joy:

No worries brotha :vulcan_salute:

There’s a couple others but those would be my first choices, When I first was reached out I was looking for SSSDH regs. Probably Its my only avenue to getting it now with seedbay down.

Here was all that was on my list to get off there.

My cart before only getting the H/SK1xSk1 x H/Sk1 as a test even with germination unknown disclaimer.
All germed and OPed commenced. :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

All would’ve been nice have.

I know Sebring had an SSSDH F2 a couple years ago before my time on OG. Not sure if any of in anyones vaults.

Glad to help save you some time brotha. :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

Thats awesome, I didn’t know you were in that area of AU. Did you keep any seeds from those earlier pickups?
Also check out @Budderton 's thread if you haven’t already, I believe he is used MM in MAZE.:sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

I notice my grove bags are fuller with NLDs vs BLD plants, although I haven’t had arm length colas yet. Kilimanjaro is probably the closest to it yet. Probably due the overall stretch in flower and how the buds foxtail a bit more.

Hummina Hummina :yum:

Where is this picture from?

8 Likes

@Upstate Lambsbread Close up.
Day 95F

Kilimanjaro @Kidete
Day 95F
Looks like it can come down on Wednesday.

Outdoor Garden.

@Hotrods_and_hounds Dixie Queen Watermelon. First time growing watermelon, Stoked to try em.
Thanks again brotha!

Bell Peppers - Doux D’Espange

Jalapenos

Japanese Eggplant - Senshu Kinukawa Mizu

Cucumber with some visitors.

Corn - Buhl Sweet almost ready to pick.

Eyes on the prize, Packing Pollen.

Dream Drifters Day 16 Veg.
Almost time to up pot them again.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

20 Likes

I definitely agree aswell. I also have experienced that these kind of cultivars have a larger variety in effects when taken at different maturity. The Ace Malawi(Carrot pheno) mother I had, definitely produced the most potent high at around 30-40% amber. While a Drakenberg cut I had was most potent at 20% clear 80% milky. Personal theory is that the Drakenberg cut metabolit the thc in a abnormal pace, while the Malawi’s strength isn’t the high thc, it’s something else that matures longer then THC.

Found it at some site when I searched for Titan Haze seed listings.

Pz :v:t2:

3 Likes

Is that the 68 Lambsbread from the co-op?I’m hoping I can expect buds like that !

Doh! Now I see that it says @Upstate !

17 Likes

Yea from the Co-op.

I’m sure your lady will look much better than mine. Holy shit brotha those colas are going to be insane! :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

You bet dude! Hopefully over the next few seasons I can start to make more veggie seeds and stuff! But they are lookin killer!

2 Likes

Appreciate it ! These are the first pictures I’ve seen of these exact ones. Getting more exited now. Your garden looks real nice.

2 Likes

Does it really taste like carrots or is the bud structure like a carrot? I’ve heard of this terp profile talked about in NLD plants.

Not familiar with the Drakenburg cut. A different Mawali cut?

Interesting :face_with_monocle:

Hope its sooner than a couple seasons brotha! :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

I had two going but I stressed one of them out too much and it hermed on me bad. It was sweet scented lady when I handling chopping it down and handling it. Fortunate to have this one still going.

Here are some pictures. The one on the right was the problem child. One spear like tower cola lady, Other is traffic cone like lady.

8 Likes