InTheWoods Journal

I took a trip to tractor supply and while there, I found someone looking for a rooster. Fun language barrier as they only spoke Portuguese, very nice couple.

It’s in these situations where I wish I spoke more languages. We used google to help translate and got the deal done. :vulcan_salute:

Everyone loves pollo. Now down to 1 rooster. 3 was a bit much for only 21 ladies.

2 Likes

Nice! That’s awesome! What does one pay for a good rooster/hen etc. ?

1 Like

And how often does he have to inseminate the hens? I just realized I have no clue how that works

1 Like

Depends really on age. He was only 6 months old. I ask 20$.
Youll have little Chicks quickly if you let the hens brood on the eggs (incubate until hatching). I haven’t let them yet but I might next spring. I’m not sure on if its only in the fall or spring months. We eat the fertilized eggs like normal since they don’t stay around long. I collect every morning and wash/refridge most.

All day, every day I believe. A funny thing happened the other day. One rooster mounted the hen and the other rooster mounted the other rooster haha. Shortly after the second rooster jump off and got ran off by the other one.

2 Likes

Bahaha dirty dogs! So it’s constant bang fest huh? I didn’t know that Damn, no wonder they strut around all proud and shit! I honestly think it would be awesome to have fresh eggs in abundance. 20$ I thought way more, wow! And a chicken appx? So I could get a whole bunch for a couple Hundo huh? Kind of cool, definitely more pheasible than I thought, I could build a badass coop pretty cheap no problem. Chain link, a bunch of wood and some corrugated roofing! :boom:

1 Like

Just hit up tractor supply for chick days, about 3 bucks a chick unless u harass em for the older birds then they discount from half price down to a quarter each lol

2 Likes

Tons of people with chicken coops around here. No grow stuff on the resale sites around, but if you need chicken supplies you’re good. No coops in my neighborhood that I know of though, thank goodness. Haha

3 Likes

Pallets too and they are usually free all over

1 Like

My neighbor across the street had one where I lived before. First one I ever physically saw in a residential neighborhood

2 Likes

If I get them as chicks, I only pay $2 per chick. We have a neighbor who raises them for the springtime. You could have a full 100 flock easily haha.

If you do build a small coop, take apart some free oak pallets and build a small coop. We used tin roofing for the coop too since it was laying around. Pieced ours together before wood really went crazy in 2020.

Only need 1 sq. ft per hen in a coop(for night) as long as they have a run to scavenge and roam.

2 Likes

This is cool, I really gotta do it one day

2 Likes

Good morning OG :coffee:

Took a test branch off the both L.L, The Sweet, Purple Crunch 1 for a quick dry test. The LL C has a lemon upfront with earthyness on the backend.

While breaking up the top bud on LL. C I found my first seed. Woo hoo!

Most likely Bog Blue Kush as others with Chocolate Diesel F3 are still semi mature/green.
I pollenated both LL on Aug 8th and second dusting on the 13th.

The R.P first dusting of C.D F3 pollen was on Aug 10th and the 16th for a second time.

Everyone loves a good mystery :grin:

9 Likes

I found this guy near the tent. I brought him outside. Really cool patterns.

Overview of the clones. Bottom to top : 4RP, 2 LL, 2 GCP.

Coral Kush Fem- @Andrane

SSH Fem - @Guitarzan

BD6 Fem - @Tracker

Royal Procession - @darkillusion

Gorilla Cookie Punch

Lazy Lightning

ODIN - @stanknugzz77

Only one that looks weird on the new set of the leaves. Looking more like a set instead of a set.

Sugar Belts x (Pablo’s Revenge x Black Velvet) - @Ottafish

(Sour Bubble x Lemon Alien) x Ghost Train Haze

15 Likes

You’ve got so many plants you’re stacking them on top of each other! I bet you could add another half dozen in there no problem. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Following in my footsteps I see…. Organized chaos :wink: I’m actually about to pop some coral Kush myself ! Be cool to compare expressions

2 Likes

Everything looks awesome as always! I think that’s a wolf spider ? Not positive but looks to be

2 Likes

If only I could make a third tier and I’d have more in there. Less than two weeks left on the flowering tent.
Once they finish drying, these are on deck next. :grin: Is it Oct 4th yet?

5x Triple Sunshine A
5x SSDD BBS F1
5x SSDD F2
5x Goji OG F2
5x Punchline bx1

Haha I don’t have that many arms yet.

Nice! Hell yea brotha!
Yea Its a wolf spider. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Much appreciation for the tag brother! They are all looking nice!

I can’t really see what you mean, but my eyes definitely are not what they used to be haha.

I also read this like 10 times and my high ass couldn’t make heads or tails of it haha.

I am fucking itching to start a nice population of Dogwalker OG x Dog Patch Odin as soon as possible. Hopefully mid-end of October at the latest. I appreciate you! Positive vibes…

~nugzz

6 Likes

:joy: It should be “looking more like a single leaf instead of a set of leaves”. I probably will top them in a week. I like to top at the 5th or 6th node, they need a couple more days to get there.

Shweeeet! :vulcan_salute: Stoked on what you find brotha!
Hope you’re having a great week! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Good Morning OG :coffee:
My friends grow, much better than the first run he did. Massive colas on the Sugar Mints. He harvests tomorrow at day 77.
2x4 Tent.
Under 200watts.
2 gallon pots, FF OF soil. FF trio + cal mag nutes.

Purple Crunch

6 Likes