Royal Procession @darkillusion

**Royal Procession x Chocolate Diesel **

Lazy Lighting. A

Lazy Lightning C

Purple Crunch 1

Purple Crunch 2

So close to harvest.

13 Likes

Good morning brother, love the sun and dew pic, and the tunes! And of course the plants !

4 Likes

I feel you haha. I was breaking my brain haha.

Sounds like a plan to me!

I am as well! I do my best not to have expectations, but after loving looking through Dogwalker OG x (Black Triangle F2) Hel, the Dogwalker OG x Dog Patch Odin makes it difficult not to.

I hope the same for you brother! Positive vibes…

~nugzz

1 Like

What’s up Shapk

2 Likes

Welcome aboard brotha! :vulcan_salute: :sunglasses:
Stop over to Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 2) - Overgrow.com and introduce yourself to OG.

Post some of your ladies, Let those ladies shine!

1 Like

Welcome to OG, @100budingus! I’m with @InTheWoods, [drooling] let’s see some of your weed!

1 Like

Welcome @100budingus any homie of @InTheWoods is a homie of mine! Definitely came to the right place. :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Very curious how you made you selections with a bunch of stellar options. I agree that having no expectations is key to keeping an open mind, but then I find myself looking at all of them as gems in their own right. I want to keep em all is my problem haha.

I have a couple pairs in mind i’d like to explore and cross.

In your hunts, what traits do you prefer to find.
Vigor, Trich production, Calyx to leaf ratio, Flowering time, Terps, Stem rub, Plant Structure, Bud Structure, etc.?

At what point do you make the final cut for the potential breeding project? or do you keep the best 3 around for a different route if you don’t like the outcrosses?

2 Likes

Making selections is always really difficult to me. I tend to flower the females at least 3 times, while doing my best to whittle down the keepers. It usually gives me time to sample cured flowers etc.

Anything in particular?

Effects.

Obviously, I don’t want something to be to the point of lacking vigor, but it isn’t really a trait that I hyperfocus on.

I look for trichome production on my males that I work with and I obviously reject any females that are lacking in that department, but again, no real slackers in the genetics that I tend look through.

Yes. I love flowers with big, beautiful bracts and very few leaves. But again, I am not specifically hunting for it or anything. I am just always pleased when I find them.

I run perpetual and I never lack dried flowers to consume, so flowering time is never really a big deal to me. With that being said, most of the cultivars that work with and hybrids that I have made land right around the ~10 week mark, with some being more like 8-9 weeks and others being ~11 weeks.

I definitely enjoy nice smells/flavors to my flowers, but more often than not, I am looking for offensive (that is what I consider nice haha).

I rarely get a lot of time to be rubbing hundreds of stems a day haha.

Yes.

Maybe? Haha.

Hopefully any of that was helpful? Haha.

This varies so wildly from project to project. Sometimes it is terribly easy to decide and other times, it is 2 years later and you still have 2 Black Triangle F2 females and 1 male and you have stopped trying to get to just 1 female haha. At least I finally made the cut from 3 males haha. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

2 Likes

Thats probably the best way to experience the phenos while stock piling great smoke :grin:
Seems like the only way to get familiar with the females.

The first male I’d like to work with is Kilimanjaro a Kenyan sativa known over there as Elephant stomper. Then if I can get these Original Haze/Skunk1 x sk1 to germ.

Cross it on keepers of SSH, Ghost Train Haze , Lazy Lightning (a), Sour African 2.0 to name a few.
I have to get GTH and Sour african 2.0 still but those are on my radar.

Nice, I like to take most plants to 10 weeks even if they only need 8 weeks. I’m working on getting a perpetual grow going.
I’m taking down two plants today at 68 days. Slight amber full cloudy.

I hit the reserves from the first run of smoke, so I figure I’ll take down two today and the rest at day 77 then the two landraces have another 3 months. :grin:

When you put it like that, makes more sense to judge the flowers then just spending days stroking stalks haha

Yes, Thanks brotha!

2 Likes

Good Morning OG :coffee: :sunglasses:

One more big cup of joe and time to start wet trimming one Purple Crunch and the Gorilla Cookie Punch.

1 Like

You’re never too busy to stroke your own stalk! Remember that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Morning brother! Burning that morning bowl lol

1 Like

Haha Morning brotha :coffee:

Nice what you smoking on?

How’s everything in your neck of the woods?

1 Like

I’m finishing up the 41 zlushies. Shits been so good :drooling_face:

Everything’s gravy. I think we made it through that storm BS okay. Some small limbs fell, but nothing major.

The outdoor plants are fine, although the two sea biscuitz have a terrible lean to them now :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Nice, Is that from the mckush?
I wanted to run so his gear but wasn’t able to get my hands on any.
All good though, I have too many to run as it is haha.
Not including some seed increase/preservation runs i’d like to do in the future.

Glad to hear brotha, We are getting the remnants of the latest Tropical Storm that is running up the East coast. Pouring out all day yesterday and today. Great day to trim.

1 Like

Yeah he sent me his mother cut. He used the 41 zlushies to make the 41 Tahoe. Imma sample some of the 41 Tahoe soon. I have two plants imma make some FECO with.

1 Like

I wanna run more of his stuff, but I’m picking up more seeds today that will be in the running for next year lmao

1 Like

He has some tasty looking crosses, while keeping that kush gas terp in selection. (if I understand his preferred selections)

FECO?

Always have that though in my head but I must push onward with other packs.

What’s on your radar for next year?

Full extract cannabis oil, kinda like Rick Simpson oil, but using alcohol as the solvent. I need to make a trip for some 190 proof everclear :rofl::rofl:

Is a secret :shushing_face: jk :joy: I’m still figuring out the strains, buts it’s gonna be 8 plants every month 30 day veg, then flip no matter what. Starting Jan 1st.

1 Like

Oh I understand now. Back in the day we used to call that stuff Green Dragon.

Haha Reg or fem seeds only?

Nice, that’s how I’m rockin n rollin now.

I did stunt my veggers since I’m trying to keep the temps extra cool for the flowering tent. the vegging plants are like wtf are you doing. I put the heating mat back in there and they are back to normal scheduling.

I do need one more tent for seedlings/mother/clones. Like a small 2x4x4 with a small t5 light in there.

1 Like