Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 2)

Welcome @bigshmeaty :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What it do, homie?

Welcome to this wonderful community. Glad you could join us.

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @bigshmeaty , glad you could join us. Make yourself at home.

1 Like

thank you all for the warm welcome! nice place you got here!

5 Likes

Hey @bigshmeaty , love the name! Welcome to the big show!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Og @bigshmeaty !

Well… I can tell you that you came to the right place.

Have seen many of 1st time growers on the OG. You will get all kinds of great advise to make your grow successful.

Here’s to a new beginnings :seedling: and great times to come!

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @delta9nxs

3 Likes

@bigshmeaty …watzzz up …welcome aboard the og train fam

1 Like

I joined the original Overgrow in ‘99 (I think?) and went from an absolute nobody to an absolutely stoned nobody. :rofl: A very kind fella named towguy gifted my a light, others gifted seeds, and it was easily the best time and most fun I’ve ever had in my life.

I’ve been a gardener all my life, and once I got into growing cannabis I knew I had finally found my calling. Unfortunately after Overgrow got taken down, I was forced to quit growing. Life happens.

I never intended to take a 15 year hiatus, but sometimes that’s how things go. I lost basically everything and am trying to start over from scratch. I have the knowledge, the growroom, the equipment (the vast majority anyway) and my old stash of seeds.

15 Likes

Welcome @Hippiechik , how wonderful it is that you can start growing again!

5 Likes

@Hippiechik welcome aboard the og re-run train ride :thinking:… Im stoned lol… Welcome fam

4 Likes

Hi @bigshmeaty!! Welcome to OG!
And hi @Hippiechik, welcome back to OG! You’ll both love it here! Guaranteed!
:seedling: :v:

5 Likes

Good to have you back growing on the OG @Hippiechik !

4 Likes

These are solid gold. When i went on hiatus (also 15 years), my seeds went into a friend’s vault (old school BOG, RezDawg Sour D and SSSDH, landrace strains, etc.) and they were then sold to somebody without my knowledge.
Care to give us some idea of the genetics you’re holding on to?
Oh, and welcome welcome welcome!

5 Likes

Welcome back @Hippiechik , glad you decided to join us. If you have any issues with your stash of seeds feel free to reach out to me. I will happily give you some BOG genetics to get you going again :wink: In the mean time make yourself at home, you are among friends.

6 Likes

Welcome to all the newcomers. Enjoy your stay !

3 Likes

I have black mamba crosses, primarily black mamba x Bogglegum. That’s what I am attempting to get started now, because it blows the doors off the stuff I’ve been smoking lol.

I also have some stuff with Apollo 11 and AK47 in the background, though right off the top of my head I can’t remember who the pollen donor was- I think it was a mambagum.

I am probably going to start a grow journal soon, too.

8 Likes

do it dewit

2 Likes

The fun thing is that I technically still have some BOG genetics! Bogglegum was a great plant that actually tasted just like freaking bubblegum. I remember being totally blown away because it was one of my first “real” plants and I never knew pot had any actual flavors lol.

I grew up on brick weed and mulch-grade ditchweed, so actually seeing trichomes on plants and discovering the awesome flavors (not to mention getting high as giraffe balls lol) was just a complete life changer.

I crossed it with black mamba because both of them had similar growth traits: nice short internodes, huge leaves (13” and yes I measured it :rofl:), and enough trichomes to make trimming a gooey mess. Plus I loved the smoke from both of them.

Somewhere I think I actually still have a pedigree for this stuff, I was a rabbit breeder and had a software program to create them :rofl:

5 Likes

Ah yes, the classic BOG giant leaves. I do love them.

11 Likes