Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

Welcome to OG Enjoi802 there are plenty of guerrilla growers here, mostly from down under, I used to do them, switched to inside much better and easier, but then I am legal here in Canada :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome @Enjoi802! It might be a little awkward at first but this site is pretty easy to navigate once you figure it all out. Just ask if you have any difficulties. I hope we get to see that Nicaraguan strain! That sounds pretty damn cool that you found one yourself. We have lots of old timers here as well, so a little bit of everything. Enjoy @Enjoi802! peace

2 Likes

The wait will be until I find some original chem stock. It’s out there. My dad used it to cross and make his. Open pollination one half chem. Other half this. And hope for next gen to have a flavor and structure like his. As well as preserve what’s there to spread it. I’m hoping by the end of this year to unveil my project.

1 Like

Amen to that! :slight_smile:
A thread on handling wet conditions sounds awesome mate, would love to partake in and benefit from one. I’m really looking forward to growing the DFG, the beans have served their 2 month quarantine in the fridge so will be popping them indoors in another few weeks. Those freak frosts don’t sound like much fun at all, have you some strains lined up for this season?

1 Like

Wait… WHAT?! :snowflake::date::date:

2 Likes

Ha ha my first outdoor grow was Durban in I think about 2005.
Grown it many times since but never been the same lives up to description.
Don’t know whether it was the home made soil? But came out more tropical, I’m pretty sure sure the seeds weren’t mixed up by accident as it’s a very homogeneous strain

2 Likes

The thing is with our latitude outdoor can be inferior to indoor in taste especially.
In the years I was looking for a reason a lot of people were speculating on the cold weather towards end of cycle.
But would like to have also the view of Canadian growers on similar lattatude.
Maybe the damp here can be a factor?
Any way if you can use darkened green house and force flowers to Finnish early to late august should be on to winner.
That means without something mechanical on timer you have to be there every day to darken.
At the end of my gorilla growing days I discovered super autos and grew a few normal autos timed to 1st- 2nd week of august with great success.
I would still say with a few months cure was a more balanced high but you would struggle to sell it if that’s your ting.
Might put some autos in garden this year from flash seeds if I feel daring enough?
Strains like early skunk and early queen can do well here too

2 Likes

An old wives tale I read somewhere on the internet at some point in time and a practise I have since adopted, after receiving seeds from a seedbank let 'em sit still and chill somewhere cold and dark for two months minimum before popping. Am I alone on this one? Anyone?
Builds up a bit suspense for the germination process if nothing else :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Some seeds require “over wintering” in order to germinate. Cannabis isn’t one of them, but it cant hurt to simulate nature.

7 Likes

Mine always go thru a winter they’re in a frozen state at all times.
I figure if the world’s seed stash is in a deep freeze, mine should be too.

10 Likes

Aloha! I’ve been lurking but thought it time to register an account. My state went medical and I recently obtained a permit from the government to (over)grow for personal use.
My cultivation experience was a long time ago and only a couple of crops. The past couple months I was completely consumed with researching, acquired equipment and seeds, and started to set up a room, but then found out I have to move! Everything is on hold for a few months, but I’m super excited to get things going in the near future.
Fun fact: I met Jack Herer at a legalization rally 30ish years ago.
Thanks so much to all of you for sharing your knowledge!

9 Likes

Hello @BarefootAndBlazed! Welcome to OG, joining is more fun than lurking :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome @BarefootAndBlazed! Cool story already. Poke around and enjoy the site. You can ask anyone for help and they’ll point you in the right direction. You’ll really get your grow off to a good start by sharing it here. Any question you can think of will likely be answered, and usually pretty fast. Eventually get a grow journal thread going and you can get very personalized help that way. I sure wish I could re-visit Hawaii. Man, it was a dream. A very special place. peace

I use the term Aloha because it sounds better than Hey Y’all! I live in the middle of the US, but had a fabulous vacation to the Big Island 20 years ago. It’s neat to experience all those climatic zones in one place. At sea level they rarely receive precipitation, but a couple hundred feet up is the perfect climate for growing coffee. There’s the observatory where snow is expected, plus they have a freaking volcano!!! We rented a jeep to drive over the lava flows to visit some secluded beaches. Also met up with a local to sample his flowers.

I visited Amsterdam and Morocco in the late 1980s for some cannabis tourism. Those were amazing times. I’m currently on an excursion to Toronto - definitely taking advantage of legal recreational use! - and hoping the border remains open so I can return home before I’m scheduled to go back to work!

6 Likes

Yeah, better stay tuned. The Europeans got no heads up that there will be no travel from Europe starting tomorrow.

1 Like

Hey everyone! I’ve been a gardener since before I can remember. I mostly grow vegetables/fruits and herbs, but I’m excited to start growing cannabis. I’m a programmer as well, and I look forward to adding some automated maintenance to these plants with Ardunio and Raspberry Pi. If anybody is interested in that, I will definitely post updates once I get the plants going. I look forward to hanging out and getting high with you guys! :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Welcome aboard Carissa!
You will find a wealth of information here and a great bunch of folks that will help you out with any questions. I will be interested in following your work with Ardunios and pi’s for sure.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Welcome to OverGrow @kush007, @Redribbonultra, @Enjoi802, @green_raver, @PowderPikka, @BarefootAndBlazed and @CarissaTheEvil!

You start in the shallow end… but you all will be in the deep end with the rest of us soon enough!
I’m looking forward to seeing each one of you grow some nice plants! If any of you need a little guidance, OG is here for you… maybe we can help.

10 Likes

Welcome @CarissaTheEvil! You should really like it here. Just ask anyone if you need help, everybody will try. We do it all, so programmers are welcome, too! I’ll volunteer to be a guinea pig to test any automation, heh. Have fun, we do! peace

Oh, and we have lots of gardeners and gardener wannabes here, too! We’d love to hear about yours.

4 Likes

Hi everybody! Thanks for the add. Looking forward to getting my herb garden back up and running. Much to learn! :slight_smile: TTYL…

9 Likes