Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

Thanks for the invitation. I’m growing outside in AZ. I have a background in saltwater aquariums and coral farming and had my own store for a few years. I’ve been committed to cannabis since 1992. I just want to thank the breeders who are making such great genetics available. It’s heaven on Earth for old heads like me who grew up on bammer. It was a bummer that bammer.

10 Likes

:scream_cat:

I bought one of these things at Christmas, thought I would run some cilantro in my window sil but never did after looking at the Miracle Grow nutrients it came with… Been meaning to mess around with it for cannabis.

Sorry to hear about the migraines Bizzy, I know that one all too well, we have great threads here about various pain management strains, processes and delivery methods for your medicine as well as lots of folks likely in your area facing the similar circumstances so don’t be shy, ask around, you found a great place to learn and share.

6 Likes

I’m in very hot and dry weather outdoors AZ organic soil and containers of various mixes if you want to test that climate. I am legal for 12 plants and only have 5 going right now Platinum OG, Vader OG and JtheRip. I do have some Purple Crash regs coming so there’s a possibility we could make that cross.

5 Likes

Wow!, we’re getting multiple new members every day now… this is good for the community as a whole!

Welcome to OG @cinDakush… you most definitely have come to the right place… and we are all active… actively growing cannabis and learning from one another. This IS the community you should be a member of and we’re glad you’re here!

Welcome to OG @Bizzy.
It bums me out that you have to go through the suffering of debilitating migraine headaches and use useless opiates that rarely work well.
There are a lot of great strains that will help you with your migraines… the ones that smell like black pepper will work the best. The terpene beta - Caryophyllene is a very potent anti-inflammatory/pain killer and is responsible for the smell of black pepper.

Welcome to OG @Solowolf!
Another desert grower… it’s nice to see. I live in the upper Mojave in California and we’ve already got to experience temps of 108° with a humidity level at 7%. I think it’s gonna be a very hot and dry summer.
There are quite a few exceptional outdoor/guerrilla growers around here to lend a hand in need or offer answers to questions.

Welcome all!

13 Likes

Thank you for the welcome! I was hesitant about the miracle grow stuff it came with too, it otherwise is a fantastic unit IMO. I had gotten my ducks in a row (kind of) before I started the seeds and I have been using Cyco nutes instead of what they supplied. I can use those on my flower plants out in the greenhouse. Only bad thing is I had originally planned on going totally hydroponic and got liquid nutes, then at the last minute decided to use the coco/perlite/topsoil mixture. I’ll figure it out, probably mix the nutes with rainwater in a big container then water as needed. I’m still playing with this stuff, just hope I don’t mess it up because I really want them to do well. Growing one’s own pain medication is going to be a lifesaver for my wallet.

@DesertGrown, thanks for the welcome. The headaches are not new and the good thing is that they are benign. Just a pain in the arse, or rather, my head. Same thing sometimes. Haha! A friend of mine recently gave me some sample edibles that he made and they are awesome! I don’t really care for the feeling of a deep body buzz, but I have not slept better in literally years. It was like getting in a cool shower on a very hot day. I just wish I could feel that way all day every day.

I’m looking forward to getting to know everybody here and learning new things and sharing my experience with these cool little plants.

9 Likes

Welcome to all of the new growers! I’ve been busy trying to stay ahead of the real weeds now that the weather is hot.

You should find all that you will need to know about growing around here. Please feel free to start your own grow journals and we can all share in the journey. Ask questions and we can help you get the answers to speed you along.

Enjoy! We have great people from all over the world, and we all love to grow. peace

8 Likes

Well hell yes !!!

3 Likes

Please discuss seeds in PM or in #trading-post section. Thanks…

4 Likes

Hello OG!

New member from Vancouver, BC here. I have been growing for 2 months (needed a new hobby to spend my time during the global health crisis like many others). Been smoking for 20+ years, but have decided I’m at a point in my life where I don’t want to purchase my medicine any longer. Over the last couple of months, I dove head first into the rabbit hole and am loving it. All the info can seem overwhelming at times, but I’m sure enjoying it. Looking forward to meeting and learning from experienced people. This community seems like a great place I’d like to spend some time at!

Thanks,

JuicyJay

14 Likes

Welcome to OG JuicyJay, yeah it can be a bit overwhelming at times, dont worry too much, just try and keep to the basics as you learn, and dont panic if something looks bad, these plants are resilient things. I did more damage panicking and rushing to solve a problems when I started, than if I left them alone.

LITFA is a very good product for new and old growers alike :wink:

11 Likes

“LITFA” - :rofl:

Amen!

8 Likes

Welcome to OG @JuicyJay. @Shadey, …he speaks the truth! lol. Litfa is bigger than the whole of us all.

Man, you’re in one of God’s gifted cannabis regions. All of the world owes a huge “right on” to the BC brothers and sisters. BC Bud…that’s the closest to any strain name I ever got from bud out of the late 70’s and 80’s. I was in Montana and there was lots of “BC Bud”.

Make your way to creating a grow journal and a thread of your own. You’ll enjoy our community of top notch growers from “everywhere”, heh. Let us (anybody) know if you have any questions. People will be glad to help you along the way. peace… (disclaimer: IM bery stoned!1!@)

9 Likes

Hey y’all here on OG…
I was invited here to check y’all out. To see what it’s all hubbub about. By my good friend Good grace.
I’ve been growing a good long time and I’m 95 to 98.9% organic.
I grow outside and inside. Me n wife are license for 24 plants here in Michigan. As we are MMMP card holders since 2014.
So if y’all don’t mind I’ll just like to surf around for a little while before I show you guys anything that I’m doing.
I do have a outside grow going that I put in on 4/23/20. I practice light deprivation techniques as well as super cropping, scrog netting, vertical and horizontal, LST/ EST. " I’m not afraid to snap a neck or two."
I make organic teas every day and spray them upon my girls morning and night.
Its June 5th and my girls are already one week into flowering as of yesterday. As I started light dep flowering training on the 28th of May. Thanks for letting me join and if you don’t mind I would just have a look around thanks again.
from Grow to grow

19 Likes

Welcome to Over Grow @Growtogrow!!

Surf around and checkout the OG scene. There’s lots of projects happening and some amazing folks to meet.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Thanks @Gpaw

2 Likes

Hey Dogdaze321 I would keep the clones and IF the Mother turns out nice. (Yield & Potency) than you’ve got some good clones!

3 Likes

Welcome to OG Growtogo, lots of Organic growers here, you should feel right at home.

3 Likes

Very late reply to this, but I figured I’d tell you what I have heard. Seeds germinate best after they have been aged slightly. Usually room temperature in a dish is just fine. Dark if you want to, I do it in the light. some people claim 30 days minimum, other people think they have Peak germination ability at between 6 and 12 months. not all seed companies wait that long before they sell their seeds, so it’s a good idea to freeze them or refrigerate them first which mimics the winter or a sufficient dormant period.

4 Likes

lots of great threads here. Welcome. You’ve certainly come to the right place to share and hopefully learn a trick or two as well.

3 Likes

thanks shady I appreciate it.

2 Likes