It's Reversal (STS) Time!

Wahoo from the back of the room. I’m paying attention here

1 Like

I’m trying to flip 3 autos White Widow, Northern Lights and Train Wreck using colloidal silver.

White Widow looks more female than male, though a few balls lower down.

Northern Lights, only has buds at the crown, lots of burn.

Train Wreck, the one I’m REALLY after got some 'nads!

Looks like WW could possibly seed herself.
Would this create hermies?

4 Likes

self pollinated are Hermies, yep
Use that pollen on another plant and you’re good to go
I’ve heard that sometimes not all seeds from self-pollination are hermies, lol…but I don’t ever take that chance. any self pollinated I just toss em

edit… That’s the main reason i don’t do ‘open pollination’ I isolate them gals so I know what I got lol and when done I chop the boy sperm donor! Or reversed girl, whatever

3 Likes

Personally, I would use the terms “selfed” or “selfing”.

If a female plant (XX) pollinates itself then it creates feminized seeds of itself. (Selfed)

XX crossed with XX will always be XX. XX crossed with XX will never be XY. There are people that swear to Jah that XX times XX can produce XY and I’m not sure how that’s ever going to happen without alien intervention. That’s kind of like telling your 16 year old daughter she’s going to get pregnant from kissing.

If your question is “will a selfed plants create a genetic hermaphrodite?” Then the answer is absolutely, positively, a maybe. LOL. Just like any other plant cross.

Some will argue that intersex traits are more common in selfing or selfed crosses than they are in a male to female cross.

I would say the only folks that have valid arguments are the ones that have made many selfings, crosses with feminized pollen, and then grown out a large enough sample size that it is statistically significant. That’s not a tent grower.

6 Likes

I’m not up on all the tech/scientific explanations of wherefor and how-comes. But it basically looks like you said the same thing I did…YES… bottom line lol And like i said, I just don’t bother to take the chance on finding a seed that might not be a Hermie

edit… I’m not a ‘tent grower’ lol and have grown out a large amount of seeds, I do speak from my own experience. I’m not trying to answer for any other grower. Also, I never said you’d get a male from self-pollination…

2 Likes

Thanks, and that is the plan. Started the fems 2 weeks after these.
No pics atm.

Making S1 seeds is interesting and you can learn alot about and explore what that plant is made of in a sense. Will they be hermaphrodites, possibly… depends, if the reversed plant has hermaphrodites in its lineage they will probably be more common as you inbreed you can surface some recessive traits. Only way to find out is grow them, you may find the occasional individual better than the parent plant.

4 Likes

At $12 a seed and the fact autos don’t clone it is imperative to do this instead of being held up at the seed store.

6 Likes

So it looks like CS is a viable method for reversing, again YMMV due to strain.
Of my 3 strains of autos, 2 have reversed to male, 1 is throwing out hairs.
Northern Lights

Train Wreck

White Widow
Looks more hermied than reversed

Some notes

• Spraying with diy colloidal silver at 20-25 ppm
  • Spraying 2-3 times a day (when I sprayed 3X, at beginning of light cycle, mid and lights out seemed to really kick it off and wished I’d done it sooner with WW)
  • My CS generator (ebay) makes about an 8oz batch and I’m just about out. Also I reran this batch about a third down so I estimate 3 oz additional added. 11 oz for this run.
  • Train Wreck has shown the least amount of damage from the spray and seems to be producing the most sacs.
  • WW distant 2nd as to damage if I get balls and NL got really hammered by the spray and fewest, though viable appearing sacs.
3 Likes

you need to get up with Mark (a LOT of his product here on OG) misterbee gave a lot of his product out in the last giveaway. $12.00/seed is ridiculous! Mark sells 'them for like .50 each!
Calibest420… but, no fems, he doesn’t do fems. lol

edit… he has photo and auto and I was wrong about that price lol seeds are like $1.00 each not 50 cents

5 Likes

I use CS spray 240ppm seems to work best I’ve tried lower doses it never worked

2 Likes

Well folks, the 4 I sprayed ‘hot’ aren’t dead …yet! Just very toasty. So, if they don’t pull through I’ll just have to do some more on other plants (same strains)
I’m going to continue spraying these 4 until they either do what I want or die!
the project isn’t stopped, just slowed down. I may have to wait for more clones to be ready and also the space available is kinda slim atm…

7 Likes

I wonder if I’m reading the scale right?
240 ppm otc vs 24 ppm diy?
Maybe I’m missing a decimal.
My solution is strong coffee brown.

2 Likes

This is a pic of one girl that got toasted with the ‘hot’ mix of STS… they all 4 look pretty similar. But, like I said…I’m gonna hit em again, until they’re dead or producing pollen sacs lol.

But, still alive and seems to be trying a comeback…

9 Likes

I like this stuff it’s not let
Me down yet

3 Likes

lol you showed us that earlier in this thread! Glad you like ityou don’t by chance own stock in that company, do you? lol you plugging it like you migt :rofl: :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

I like that much I bought an extra bottle lol

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about straight injection of the Silver Nitrate, I’m gonna give that a try as soon as the needles get here

one and done check this out

1 Like

I’m spraying a plant at the minute myself

1 Like

Laser tested. Everything is great with lasers.

2 Likes