Johnny Potseed's Hall of Genetics

Oh, you can get one to grow in a thimble.
Actually a solo cup. If you want just like one main spear and a couple balls.
I guarantee you will want more than that.
You want 4-6 giant colas and a whole sack full of side nugs.
I would go at least five gallon, but that’s just me. I tend to like bigger plants.

4 Likes

Yeah @BigMike55, I’m very conflicted because I have a lot of primo seeds that I want to plant, but I also want to just run a full tent of the fem Frankie’s. I only have about a 4x4 space for all my endeavors. Well either way, sound advice :pray:

2 Likes

I grew mine in a 3gal bag. She did fine but I had to water twice a day. Even then, she was a space hog but that was a clone from the original Frankie.
This may be different if you go from S1 seed or am I wrong @JohnnyPotseed ? Not knowing what pheno she might end up with would make judging how big it might get a little premature. Yes? Please correct me if I’m wrong.
If it were me, I’d go with a 3 gal bag and keep the scissors handy.

6 Likes

I think you pretty much got it cuz. The S1 is going to have phenos all over the map.I’d go with nothing less than 3gal at least.

4 Likes

I made the mistake of growing one of JPs King Tut/Blue Dream with 3 other different strains. I had to chop the head off JPs to slow it down, then again, then I had to bend it’s branches down…I’m pretty sure it was trying to get out of my 4X4 tent to kill me! It ended up bigger than the other 3 combined.

7 Likes

It wanted to compost you for that extra dank. Hell, I’d smoke that

2 Likes

Got the Walkin-stein and Blue Cookies crosses today, thanks @JohnnyPotseed!
They will join the outdoor garden in April, I can’t wait :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah man that Frankie stretch sounds real lol.

1 Like

Yeah the biggest grow bags I have bought are 3 gallon. I did read some posts on here where people were using the 75 cent Walmart bags to grow in so I got a couple. I think they hold 5 or more gallons so if I want to go bigger this time I can.

2 Likes

My wife tried the Walmart bags with some tomato plants last year. They didn’t thrive as well as we expected them to. I think they held on to the water a little too much. That’s just a guess. I’m not real sure why they didn’t get thick like they usually do but I was not thinking about trying it again. lol
You say there are threads on here where folks are using them? I’ll have to look that up. Just out of curiosity.

2 Likes

Oh, okay. Were they grown with Coco coir? And yes it was a while ago someone was using them and saying how well they work. I will try to find the thread

Big thanks again @JohnnyPotseed they have arrived safely and I already have one of the Walken-Stein beans in water! But I’m very interested in the c’99 thanks for that work @BigMike55 and…

3 Likes

Just what is this Frankenstein I keep hearing so much about?

2 Likes

With 20+ yrs of ‘history’ cuz… I’m not going into the story again lol just ‘google’ it. Her lineage is;
White Russian
Sour Diesel
The Pure(Skunk#1)
Blueberry
White Rhino
Hawaiian Snow
G13
then added Maui Wowie
and crossed back with;
White Russian BX1
sour diesel BX1
3&1/2 yrs to breed her and another 1&1/2 to smooth her out
highest test personally when growing commercially, was 28%

14 Likes

I think you need to have that reply saved somewhere lol just copy and paste as needed.

4 Likes

Wow that’s a lot of history. Appropriate name lol.
When I was actually in Maui a couple of times I would have loved to find some Maui Wowie… as much as I tried… I could not.

3 Likes

lol That reply is bare-bones dry, minimal. It doesn’t begin to tell all the blood sweat and tears, with too many ‘fails’ to count. The successful crosses were moved on to the next level of the program.

5 Likes

In '98 when I first started buying the seeds. I did a search online for the best strains, top 10. I picked several from that list. Then i widened the search to top 20 and picked a few from that list. Ended up with those 8. Hundreds literally, of indexed crosses/clones. Keeping the ‘yes’ and tossing/ budding out any ‘no’.
I’ve been running her on ‘clone-only’ ever since getting her smoothed out. She’s into the 5th gen clone now. I keep the mother(s) for 4-7 yrs, then bud em on out, keeping the prettiest of the newer clones as my new mothers

9 Likes

has anyone grown out the stoned pup? (pppxchemdawg)

very curious to what flavor/terps this would bring out.

Yeah cuz, I know there are some members that have. Just don’t ask me who lol Stoned AF atm and thinking isn’t in my immediate future.
:crazy_face: :scream: :rofl: :+1: :pray:

8 Likes