Joker’s Wild 2023/24

@Joker real nice grow : )
Love it when two strikingly different phenos show , you guess one for sure will be super

What’s your thoughts on when to change to finish feed ( lowering ppm/ec and pushing k ) ?

6 Likes

What’s that one in the back left-hand corner in the first pic? The one that’s towering over everything else haha.

4 Likes

I will switch tent 1 to 5-12-26 this week.

4 Likes

That is Super Petrol 1.

4 Likes

Tent 2 Dec 30F37

Skunk Tangerine

Bubba Kush

Triangle Kush

Blue Dream

Thanks for stopping by and following along!

16 Likes

What a great list you’re running @Joker. Looking healthy and I’m sure the results will be tasty with a capital “T”. :heart::+1:

4 Likes

The face off leaner has nice swollen calyx right from the start it looks , but the others have no swollen yet

2 Likes

Bloody beautiful!!

1 Like

outstanding Looking forward to your take on tangerine skunk

3 Likes

@Jetdro Well, in almost 40 years of smoking, I’ve never found anything that tasted bad enough NOT to smoke.

I can’t wait to test that fact on this plant!! My son absolutely hates the smell!! I find it interesting. But if it truly tastes like it smells, it will be turned into hash!

7 Likes

Pretty sure I’ve had Reggie coated in formaldehyde that didn’t taste that bad :sweat_smile:

Definitely tastes like it smells.

5 Likes

Hey Joker! Great looking grow set up and some really healthy plants! I flowered out the Skunk Tangerine recently, and I think it’s fantastic stuff. Tastes great and has an upbeat, buzzy high. We all have different tastes, but I think she’s a winner purely in how unique she is!

6 Likes

I do like the high on her. I don’t find her to be mids at all. I just can’t stand that flavor. Wonder if organics would switch it up and make it more tangerine-y and less sweaty armpit mouth coating :face_vomiting: :thinking:

Did you grow her in dirt @Greasy or coco/hydro?

5 Likes

We are clearly having different experiences. I am not getting armpit, and it’s the tangerine that really shines. It definitely has some real funk to it, but that’s secondary to the tangerine.

I grew her in organic soil.

4 Likes

That’s why.

I’ve had a few cuts that flip flop the dominant terpene scent/smell/flavor depending if you grow them in dirt or with salts. Godberry from FoS was berries with a hint of hash on the end in hydro and all hash with a hint of berries at the end in organic soil. I’m betting that’s it.

In coco/hydro, that skunk tangerine is straight up sweaty armpit for the first ~75% of the flavor, mouth coating, followed by an almost menthol-y tangerine flavor at the end. But it doesn’t cover up that body odor armpit taste. it sounds like you’re getting the exact opposite from growing her in soil.

7 Likes

I can confirm a nearly-armpit-like blast to the olfactories when taking an initial whiff of the buds, or on my fingers after handling them, but to me that initial nuke to the :joy: nosetrils :joy: reveals itself to be an overload of plasticky skunk with overtones of an orange rind scent which doesn’t translate to taste. Taste-wise, I get a base of new rubber under a nearly overwhelming pepper, with a bitter orange rind front end.

7 Likes

Wow that’s crazy to hear all the different smells coming from different setups on that Skunk Tangerine. I’d say I’m most in line with Greasy. I’m also doing organics so maybe that’s it. To me she’s mostly orange with funk backend. The smoke even has a mouth-coating orange type taste. More bitter than the smell though. It’s one of my favorites! Great stone. I pull around 11 weeks.

7 Likes

What is your grow style? Hydro? Organic? I love this discussion.

8 Likes

I grow in hydro; promix+perlite+rockwool media with Jacks 321 and MaxiBloom ferts.

I think it has desirable sublime qualities: My girl and I especially enjoy its euphoric vibes, after smoking it we’ll find ourselves just grinning away at whatever we are doing.

7 Likes

So, gave some SK to @Habitt …HE JUST DID a smoke report in my 30 day roll threAD

yOU know MY TAKE…go see his
@Joker @herojuana.tom @schmarmpit @HolyAngel @Greasy

4 Likes