Just some of OJ’s pics

Well I may know a guy…… we will talk!

2 Likes

I’m stoked to try @Oldjoints . Maybe the gathering would be the wrong time though. If I get too wasted I might strip down and jump off the roof of your house… I saw that on a movie… OH wait. That was the “Devil’s Weed”.

Good thing I don’t smoke THAT STUFF! Oh wait…

1 Like

There won’t be any available at the party. But down the road some may become available. Just like pot, it has to be ready for harvest. Not that I would know about such things since it is illegal to grow shrooms.

1 Like

I know shrooms don’t do that but it sounded funny in my head. Sometimes what goes on in my head should stay there. lol

1 Like

Golden teachers are awesome mushrooms. I knew absolutely nothing about growing them and jumped head first into it. Heres a tub of them I collected from a couple 6qt shoeboxes with only one quart of spawn each.

10 Likes

Nice haul bro……

That looks like a whole lot of fun right there! lol

Thanks guys! They grow pretty quick too, the beginning is slow, waiting for the grain/food to colonize/get taken over by the mycelium, but after that… it was like under 2 weeks before they were ready to pick

1 Like

Ever seen the movie Death at a Funeral? :rofl:

I highly recommend it :+1:
The original UK version, that is. Directed by Frank Oz.
I haven’t seen the American remake.

1 Like

Was that your first try? If so you nailed it!

2 Likes

That was my 2nd or 3rd run, but they were technically part of my 1st grow since they all were done from the same spawn, just spread out a few weeks apart.
I even.messed around with using a small.chinese food container lol… got some from those too, just a bit smaller.

And got lucky with this big fatty in a shoebox lol

4 Likes

I’ve seen the remake of that movie. Parts were just too funny. Parts were just too much. lol

1 Like

Did someone give you the spawn or did you inoculate and then use the spawn from that.

I bought a spore syringe from.a vendor and used that. Then saved some of the spawn and used that to inoculate more jars. Then when those jars would get taken over, id use some to do more jars. I eventually got.into using Agar so I could start cloning and using that for knocking up jars

1 Like

Well you did a great job, it took me awhile before I got a inoculation to take and not get contaminated.

1 Like

The first time I grew mushrooms (oysters) was a big lesson in patience. @Illicitmango you’re so right that it takes a bit before any real progress is showing but it’s still exciting to see the whole way through!

We have a great mushroom / mycology related thread for anyone who would like to join the fungus amongus :smiley: :mushroom:

Edit:

Same here, I started with PF Tek jars and lost most of them before they were ready to spawn. They did show me some pretty colors though - pretty colors of lipstick mold in the jars!

3 Likes

I appreciate the compliments guys. Most of my grows were documented/shown in that mushroom thread. I think around oct or nov of 2022 is when I started.

3 Likes

Yep I started with PF tek also. Prettiest green jars you ever saw!

1 Like

My very first was using the syringe on uncle Ben’s brown rice pouches. Lost a few of them, but some were good. Spawned all but 1 of the good ones.
Then I made PF tek jars, and used the 1 remaining good uncle Ben’s pouches that was fully colonized to knock up the jars. Then just kept repeating with saving one jar to knock up more and more jars

1 Like

Looks good bro, not quite fully colonized but will work for sure!
I am at the beginning:

So it’s ba wait and see……

4 Likes