Landraces of India

@Upstate very true brother I also felt that some varieties which are good in pain relief makes tired and low in energy as well.

1 Like

You have a great day yourself buddy. Keep me posted on that package

2 Likes

@YoBigdaddy you will love all the 17 varieties I will give you they are very promising brother :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Does everyone have a picture of old Indian Landraces? from 70s? show them

4 Likes

How long has your friends family been growing Trimbak? Do you think this was always a Western Indian Landrace or do you think it was originally from somewhere else. Excellent branching on Trimbak. I know this one is special to you personally. For those that don’t know, trimbakeshwar is the headwaters of the Godavari River, and is located in the western ghats

7 Likes

I’ve only seen some pictures from the 1800’s. Pretty sure it was from Bengal. I was shocked at how short to mature plants were. They may have been growing in the short-season, I don’t know. But it’s pretty obvious looking at Indian Land races how much effort has gone into taming their size

3 Likes

Hey @Shiv9545 thanks for joining us. I’m just on the way out but I will try to check in later on the phone to see whats going on here. :smiley:

3 Likes

I am very confident I will and I highly recommend shiv9545 to anybody and everybody this guy truly loves the sativa and is all about the preservation of Indian Land races with the best quality descriptions and seeds I’ve ever seen anywhere. Customer service beyond compare.

8 Likes

Some old pictures of Indian ganja

the last photo is from the late eighteen hundreds

14 Likes

@YoBigdaddy thanks a lot for appreciating and ur support buddy’s.
Much love to you all

3 Likes

@allotment thanks brother :blush:

1 Like

I will second that notion. We all need to do our part and support the indigenous people that are taking the time and effort to make sure these varieties are collected for preservation before any contamination can occur. It is my hope that enough interest it’s garnered in these landrace varieties to prevent such An Occurrence from ever happening

4 Likes

cool Pic cause you can actually see People working on the Plants. Cause what they did shaped Landrace, scientists say.

4 Likes

@Upstate brother TRIMBAK variety is very very old it was originally from Trimbakeshwar place only, there are some families in that place which are growing dis variety from almost last 2-3 generations they love to smoke dis flowers in chilums. They are very big fan of chillums they say chillums are very good for smoking ganja they say, smoking a joint gives us paper burning taste and ita not good for health like dis they say

11 Likes

I’m trying to upload many pics some pics are of BRONZE named variety which is copper in colour very old variety gives very intense high and makes people laugh so much.

9 Likes

Im glad I found this thread !
What an amazing Idea to get these strains documented.
I was actually just sent some landrace seeds from India the other day. I made a friend on another site from there and he sent a few from his personal grows.
One was Kumaoni, which I can find plenty of info on. The other was labeled as “Pindari” this one I cant find any info on.

2 Likes

Trimbak

15 Likes

Hi @Shiv9545 welcome!!

Thank you for exposing us to your wonderful collection and coming by to tell us about them.
I’m growing indoors which means that some plants can be quite a challenge. Do you have any recommendations as to which cultivars might be better suited to that environment?

Cheers
G

4 Likes

is this old landrace? no, not.

1 Like

What is the name of this one that is bronze? Are you calling it Bronze? In the past, people looked for yellowish resin as a sign of quality. I’ve never seen copper-colored buds…

4 Likes