Landraces of India

Looking at the seeds there are no tiger stripes. You can tell that these have been inbred a long time. It’s only 10 and I’m out of likes for the day already. If I swipe one of them back from you ( anyone I mean)don’t be mad at me LOL.

4 Likes

@Gpaw it’s Meghalaya landrace flowers brother just wanted to show it to everyone here​:slightly_smiling_face::blush:

4 Likes

I’m almost always out of likes :laughing: :call_me_hand:

G

2 Likes

@lefthandseeds yeah brother true there are having good potential for indoor grow as well.

2 Likes

@Shiv9545 do the local growers do anything special for planting preparation or are they treated as any other crop?

How long is the growing season?

Cheers
G

3 Likes

@Gpaw
They just prepare the soil for the plants brother they just look for good percent of cow manure in der fields which provides good energy in soil and it goes to crop then

Dis local farmers are always growing them from June month and harvest them In October

4 Likes

I can’t help you with the first question, but the second one I know. You can grow year-round in the tropical parts of India. There is a long season and a short season.( in many places) Farmers used to only grow one crop a year, but due to increased demand they are growing two crops in many places now. They try to harvest outside of monsoon season.
Meghalaya in particular is extremely impressive to me. Farmers were able to make buds that dense in a climate that is the rainiest on Earth. I think there’s something like over 400 inches of rain a year. So this would be extremely moisture resistant. Tuff Stuff for sure! The mountains in meghalaya are nearly 5,000 ft tall. It’s kind of like an island surrounded by a flat Terrain. Also, this region is an intersection of different genetics. The Southeast Asian gene pool, the Northeast Indian gene pool, and the Bengali gene pool, with more recent introductions of the mango genetics

11 Likes

@Shiv9545 I live in an arid, low humidity area. Did you find any cultivars from these kinds of regions? I am also interesting in ones that will adapt easily to where I live. I love the tropical varieties, but they are also the most challenging for the environment that I can provide.

4 Likes

This is similar to Thailand then. Many varieties from the Southeast Asian gene pool are either 5 or 6 month varieties. They don’t Autoflower per say, but they grow for a certain amount of time and then flower.

2 Likes

Been in touch with fullpower he’s stuck in India I guess.
Be back in June.

3 Likes

Rajasthani… Indian Landrace Exchange has a wild version. But our friend here is soon getting a cultivated variety from this region, which is very dry

5 Likes

@lefthandseeds I don’t think so this situation will create problems in growing my landraces brother.
They can tackle dis condition very well
What kind off high you are looking for

4 Likes

Yeah we are having beans on the way from RAJASTHAN well known variety from Rajasthan SIKAR. it’s very dope and most famous in RAJASTHAN

4 Likes

@Upstate very well said

2 Likes

@Shiv9545 I would like to get a bunch of your landrace collections, how do we make this happen?
Are you Fullpower or a partner of his or he partner of yours?

4 Likes

Here foe uploading pics it’s very tough task ,:grinning::grinning:

1 Like

@OleReynard no brother I’m not in partnership ith any other people from India.
I’m juat operating dis preservation of my landrace collection solely.
You can tell me I will send them on your way brother :relaxed:

5 Likes

I like uplifting, euphoric, calming and creative highs most often. I like a lot of things, but I gravitate toward that the most. It doesn’t need to be the most potent for me, but something that awakens the mind and inspires art or other creativity.

9 Likes

@lefthandseeds you will love the ukhrul manipur landrace variety and Meghalaya as well.
And trimbak, matori for sure

8 Likes

Hey, Shiv. Thanks for sharing such interesting information. Regarding the Meghalaya. How long does the high last?

4 Likes