Landraces of India

Damn. No mobile internet, tried for an hour. Hope you’ll vist more often, @Shiv9545

5 Likes

We will get him back here. @ShivamGrover… great information. I wasn’t aware that mango terpenes existed there before. I hope you’ll visit more often as well.

8 Likes

Well, thankfully, I finally found my way over here, but now I’ll have to go back and read it all, lol. I started this morning but had to go out and do a little yard work before the rain. Yes! Rain! ha… a rarity for sure, lately.

Hey @lefthandseeds, I was thinking about grabbing a couple of those garden mister nozzles and try and create a more humid space. It might be futile, but maybe I could create a semi greenhouse with shade cloth and a couple of walls of plastic?

We’re getting off to a good start this year. It started to get a little dry even after all of our snow (winds), but we had a solid day of slow, soaking rain last week, and it’s actually raining today with thunder, and suppose to rain the next two days, some. The low temps aren’t getting out of the forty’s for about 10 days according to the forecast.

My 4 Azad Kashmir almost got fried by the sun the other day. I lost a few leaves but they were in there small 3" pots ready to move up. Even though they’ve been outside a lot as seedlings, that sun can be brutal for the next month. All are in bigger pots and life should be good now. Malanas geting sprouted next.

This sure is a cool thread and lots of great stuff from what I’ve read. Hey @Shiv9545, I’d love to try your strains if you have extra to send. I live in the same state as @lefthandseeds about 3 hours south, and I live at 6,400ft. (1,950M) elev. with friends living at 8,400 feet. I have the same tastes as him also.

That Tamba landrace looks so good. How is it cured? I’ll be inside a couple of days due to rain, I hope, so I can read up. Great thread @Upstate!

5 Likes

Yeppers that what I’m getting ready to do is sit down and reread

4 Likes

Well with my Wedding Cake F5 male going south on me, I decided to make a couple more hybrids with the last of my Eastern Manipur male pollen.

Really wish I would have gotten a female of the Eastern Manipur, and had been able to do a preservation on it! Really wanted to see if I could get a blue flowered pheno!

They won’t be landraces but will be some new an unique hybrids. Here is what I dusted this morning:

Manipuri Kush (Bubba Kush S1 - Ghosts x E. Manipur)
Manipuri Queen (Queen Mother x E. Manipur)
Red Manipuri (Balochistan Red x E. Manipur)

This is what I was hoping for from the E. Manipur.

eastern_manipur4

8 Likes

Not sure why the picture is so small ^^ :grinning:

1 Like

Very nice looking wares, very nice indeed

2 Likes

Put a few of the top and bottom ones to the side for me please @comacus

2 Likes

How many of those plants did you try? Usually it’s the other way around with those tropical varieties. Lots of females and no male. You’ve made some very interesting sounding hybrids though that’s for sure. Queen Mother is supposed to be very special. I would imagine the hybrid with Balochistan would be incredibly powerful. The moisture resistance of the Manipur, and the bulk of Balochistan.

4 Likes

The Balochistan is another one on my list.

3 Likes

@upstate, I only had two of the Eastern Manipur that run. I had a female (initially) but it started getting some male flowers so I chopped it. The male I collected pollen from for that and now this run.

I’m really liking the Balochistan Red so far. Really long white pistils with maybe a tinge of red starting. Wish I would have had some extra B.R. pollen from last time for these two!

I bet you are right how it will add density to the E. Manipur. Also hoping it will reduce the flower time some. Another plan I have for the E. Manipur is to use a JOTI Burmese to also shorten the time, increase bud density, and maybe retain the blue color.

4 Likes

I grabbed the red and the gold. Plan some preservations on some of the landraces I’ve been collecting, and also mixing an older strain with a landrace to add some new genes to the pool like with the Bubba Kush x Eastern Manipur.

3 Likes

Plants from madhya pradesh and rajasthan would do wonders in your area.

4 Likes

So farmers in India plant ganja starting from April, may all the way till October and harvest it from December to February. That’s how they have multiple crops, the full season plants are the heaviest yielders. For Charas germination starts as early as last week of March or 1st week of April as and when the snow melts and are harvested by 2nd week of November as the snow starts setting in by then. So October is the main season.

4 Likes

@lefthandseeds the Matori strain was collected at the Kumbmela celebration from a Sadhu from Madya Pradesh.

4 Likes

Those seeds may be from uttrakhand. That is my understanding as the seeds were collected from a sadhu, it is very much possible that the seeds were collected from a pilgrimage site in uttrakhand.

3 Likes

So maybe Nanda Devi strain? Are there others from Uttarakhand? It does look like Nanda Devi pictures I’ve seen now that you mention it. Is Uttarakhand where all Sadhu go for pilgrimages?

3 Likes

Uttrakhand houses some of the most important pilgrimage sites in india, like Haridvar, chamoli, rishikesh etc and uttrakhand is the 2nd state to be completely in the Himalayas(other than kashmir, himachal is 60 70% inside Himalayas) so cannabis thrives almost everywhere. That is why it might be difficult to guess the precise origin of the seeds.

7 Likes

This looks so good

1 Like

Ukhrul is a district in manipur bordering, Burma and Nagaland so it has heavy Naga influence, Major population of manipur is Methi I am not sure if I am spelling it correctly. Naga people are dominatly found in ukhrul and this region is the commercial side of the market. Where farmers don’t pay much attention to plucking males and let the feral and domesticated variety mix in. Now these plants are very good from what I have heard if grown right. Having said that the star region of manipur is Moriang and south west region where people grow less but pay very very attention to detail.

this plant is from Ukhrul. Now these beauties are from Moirang and Moirang is a swamp region where humidity remains in high double digit even in December and January where as ukhrul experience drier climate in the same months.
Ps all the snaps of plants are from Indian landrace exchange. Eastern manipur/ bordering Burma and ukhrul are same @Upstate

30 Likes