Landraces of India

Hey Upstate…

Re: “Wet Indica”…

I assumed it was a term you had coined…but very appropriate none the less…

:+1:

3 Likes

I think China has even more Rainfall, and, therefore nearly as indica looking weed as Kashmir.

I think we cant judge the apperance of Landraces as long as the OLD Landraces are so rarely seen. If we would seen them, and i did, i was surpised how often acclaimed 70s SEAsian (Viet Cambod) were either chunky or shortflowering (down to 13, 14 Weeks)

In my opinion MODERN Landraces from SE Asia are often thin, and you find actually less of the fat Phenos from the Collectors. I think you looked on modern instead old Genetics aswell.

I can imagine there were shortfloring Durbans, and Columbian , Vietnam (funnily exact these Regions all have high Snowmountains.)

9 Likes

Did you pop any of those Cambodian I sent you @romanoweed

3 Likes

Nope, i first have to find a way to finish such longflowering Plants outdoors. I guess they are longflowring. I also found old Lines that will come first, i dont know when i find time for them

5 Likes

One way to do this is to start a plant indoors say in November/December. Identify a female, and cut her up into clones. These rooted clones will be your outdoor plants So when you get ready to put them outside they will already be genetically 4 months old.

15 Likes

@Comacus i always wanted to get confirmaton this actually works. some people mentioned it, but nobody told me in detail… my question: can one count on they finish their live after a certain Lifespam? nobody anwsered this…

2 Likes

Yes, the equatorial landraces flower based on time vs light cycle. So if one of these strains has a 20 week cycle, you would “approximately” be able to count the indoor weeks, then add to that the time outdoors as rooted clones.

I have not personally done the technique but have seen others use it.

Snowhigh uses a variation of it where he starts plants in the greenhouse in say November, and moves them outdoors in the spring. You need room for big plants that way but it is another way to extend your growing season.

6 Likes

can please any other confirm? that makes a dream cometrue!. Does it work without cloning aswell?

so if i keep them 20 Weeker Satties under Vegitation-cycle from November, place them outside after 23 March. Then they will start flowering from wich moment? In Juni? Mai?
I dont get the Math…

1 Like

I think these Cambodian seeds will be similar to a Highland Lao Thai strain. Those take 6 months seed to harvest, and regionally they harvest in December/January.

These strains flower more based on age, and would probably show sex and start flowering after say 4 months. So if you start them in Nov/Dec, you should be able to sex them before putting them out. They will probably start flowering shortly after you put them out, and then complete their 15-20 weeks of flowering.

Give it a go! I look forward to following along.

8 Likes

India Landraces?! Holy Sativa, I’m in! :green_heart:

8 Likes

I have some of the eastern Manipur Burma I’m going to be starting later this month, also waiting on the lolab valley Kashmir to arrive. I have some other Indian strains tucked away, I have alot of interest in plants from that region.
Im especially trying to get some legit Hindu Kush beans so if anybody has a bunch and wants to trade around let’s talk

6 Likes

I’ll be following this with great interest. Welcome to the forum, @Shiv9545. It’s great to have you here! I can’t wait to hear about some of the effects and more unique characteristics of some of the plants you’ve come across.

3 Likes

Is this the one farmed by the Naga tribe, sometimes labeled, “Ukhrul”?

3 Likes

There both from Indian Land race exchange not sure but it sounds familiar. I also have the old malana cream from real seed company along with a few others. I’ll be working on land races alot more in the future.

3 Likes

Yeah, I had it some years ago from some random seed bank and then recently from The Real Seed Company. Think it may be the same but diff name, either way I’m sure you’ll enjoy what you got coming up in your run

Well, due to commercialization the best Indian cannabis genes I think are found in later generations

I know the eastern Manipur Burma is a long 4 month flower and the Kashmir is a very short 5-6 week flower. I also have there north Indian red stem , I really have a thing for landraces :joy:

5 Likes

I’ve got lots of friends in Kerala. Dont know why I haven’t thought to ask them about the weed over there.

4 Likes

Me too, landraces are my fav

3 Likes

I know you can black box a plant to make it finish more rapidly. Ive seen grow tents used. You have to close it up every evening early though. seems like lots of work, maybe a 55 gal drum with lid?

1 Like